The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interview with Travis Green

Rate this topic

PhillipBlunt

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, have you ever worked anywhere? You seem too young... I have never been on any workplace where the bosses even raised an eyebrow over the little things Loui talked about.

Loui isn't even a sneeze compared to  you. You've littered this forum with a lot of garbage without any sort of human knowledge. 

Been in tons of places where that's not acceptable, and learned the hard way myself when I was 20.  I grew up and learned that complaining about the boss isn't appropriate when you're easily replaced.  Maybe things are different in Sweden, but in North America LE's comments are completely unacceptable.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Been in tons of places where that's not acceptable, and learned the hard way myself when I was 20.  I grew up and learned that complaining about the boss isn't appropriate when you're easily replaced.  Maybe things are different in Sweden, but in North America LE's comments are completely unacceptable.

You don't even know what Loui talked about. B)

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hope not. I'd like Green to work through that in training camp, and then let the lines stay to develop chemistry.

I see Baer or Goldy being moved before Pearson or Leivo, personally. I guess camp will decide.

Green has more good players to work with this year.  Barring injury, we won't be seeing 3rd line players in the top 6 like we saw in every game last year.  This is what I like the most about what Jim has done.  Schaller, Leivo, Motte, Goldobin, Eriksson, Roussel, and Virtanen all get pushed down to a level where they don't get exposed playing against top talent.  Baertchi is even pushed down when the line up is completely healthy and he puts up top 6 numbers when he's playing.

Notice that I've named 8 players being pushed down.  Add Sutter and Beagle and quite a few don't even make the team.

Missing Gaudette because I think that he can still benefit greatly from half a season in Utica and I think that's where he'll be to start the season.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:14 PM, King Heffy said:

Try spouting off in any normal workplace the way he did, and see how liked you are by your peers afterwards.  How would you feel if you were a guy like Virt, busting your ass to get into the top six, and this lazy floater spews the garbage he does when he's still being gifted far too many undeserved minutes?  Even Goldy was a professional when Green sent him to the press box.  Eriksson's comments indicate he doesn't give a damn who deserves to play.  He doesn't care about his teammates.  All he cares about is making himself look like he still belongs in the NHL so he can swindle another team into taking him.  I don't know any player who would want a guy with an attitude that poor on the team.  His laziness alone is a problem for a coach trying to get his team to work hard, when you couple that with the complete disrespect towards the coach, you have grounds for suspension without pay.

Having his agent defend his effort and claim it is acceptable is a flat out insult to the Canucks who are actually trying.  I stand by my comment. 

Spouting off: "I don't see eye to eye with you" 

Boss: the nerve of you to express how you feel, how dare you! 

I tell my managers all the time I don't agree with them, then as adults we talk it out and go about our days. 

It would be a shame if they fired me for not seeing eye to eye all the time. Or for me to express my feelings. If you get canned for that I putty whatever industry you work in. 

5 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Spouting off: "I don't see eye to eye with you" 

Boss: the nerve of you to express how you feel, how dare you! 

I tell my managers all the time I don't agree with them, then as adults we talk it out and go about our days. 

It would be a shame if they fired me for not seeing eye to eye all the time. Or for me to express my feelings. If you get canned for that I putty whatever industry you work in. 

Privately is fine.  No one is saying LE can't talk with Green in his office.  If you talked to say, your clients and made the same comments, that's a great way to be out of a job.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Privately is fine.  No one is saying LE can't talk with Green in his office.  If you talked to say, your clients and made the same comments, that's a great way to be out of a job.

I just told you publicly I don't see eye to eye with my boss publicly all the time, I wonder if they'll fire me... 

He didn't slander, insult or discredit the coach in any way or say any disparaging remarks about Green, he didn't say he was a bad coach, I don't see any throwing under the bus. 

You and I don't agree, but it doesn't mean that I'm trying to get you banned from the community. Different people's opinions/feelings matter. 

Edited by DS4quality
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Or calculated to force a move.

Btw, I've complained about my boss to a higher boss without the least bit of ramification. I've even declined to do as told by an immediate supervisor as I knew it to be incorrect. He wanted me fired, but the section manager told him I'm not firing an employee for being right.