The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interview with Travis Green

Rate this topic

PhillipBlunt

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Love Greener's honestly and blunt style.

yeah there's not a lot of guesswork or wondering where a guys stuff went. 

Even if its not the news you want to hear, I can imagine most guys prefer an upfront approach. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I don't know...….the question seemed a little predictable. 

I would like to have heard him answer questions like

1. How he sees our Power Play 

2. Who he thinks we will be fighting for a playoff

3. What he expects from his new players

4. What his thoughts are on the young players pushing for jobs

5. Who might be a dark house from Utica

6. Where he sees Virtanen and Gaudette

I think the Loui questions were going to be answered that way whether he answered them, Benning did or Loui did

I think Benning said it all, when he tried to trade him...……...

I'm sure those questions will come up as the season draws closer.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think the Loui questions were going to be answered that way whether he answered them, Benning did or Loui did

I think those types of performance questions can be settled once we get closer to camp and early in the season when we see what sort of shape everyone brings themselves in

• Upvote 2

Just now, Ur a Towel said:

You're asking CDC to move on? My god, some people still haven't gotten over us taking Joulevi over Tkachuk and that was 3 years ago now.

I still haven't gotten over Cody for Zack :frantic:   in its day that was a crazy trade haha but hindsight deems it correct 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

1. He talked about Quinn being a wildcard. If he can remain consistent in how he plays, I'm sure he expects improvement on the PP. Camp will give him a better idea where he sees players fit though.

2. He said that everyone coming into the season will be fighting for a playoff spot. No point in him predicting who he thinks will be actual playoff contenders or not as there are too many factors in play leading up to that point.

3. He talked a lot of the new guys and how he's excited that they've been added to the team. Not sure what else you would want to hear. He's not going to say he expects 45 points and 7 fights from Ferland, 65 points and 200 hits from Miller, etc.

4. Pretty much answered along with Loui and everyone else that he's looking to put the best team on the ice (players that want to be a Canuck and are going to do everything it takes to help the Canucks win) regardless of salary or whatever.

5. He's not going to put any unreasonable expectations on a player and make it seem like he's playing "favourites" for a guy to succeed. But I guess he will have to see who will be playing in Utica first and by mentioning any names now would suggest to that player that they won't be getting a fair shake at cracking the roster through great effort at camp (realistic or not).

6. There was a brief mention of Virtanen that he brought up on his own without being asked and he's suggesting that it is important that he continues to develop if the team is expected to win. If he was asked about Gaudette, he would give the same response from question 4.

• Cheers 1