The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

nexus interview YVR!

kurtis

Hey gang, So tomorrow I have my interview. Both my wife and I have it at YVR and the same time. I called  two weeks ago and they refused to let my wife and I go together into the interview? Is this weird or normal for VYR ? Also, are the questions going to be quite generic? Thanks! 

I had the nexus pass before.   But let it lapse cuz we forgot to get it renewed.  Also cuz we stopped going over the border.  Maybe once or twice a year cross border shopping. 

We did it together (with kids) at the downtown location.  Interview with a CAN and US agent.  Pretty generic questions I guess.  Nothing that i remember as weird or difficult. 

my wife and I did our interview in Blaine, WA for nexus and they did make us do it separately there. But for a different one (APEC) we were allowed to do it together. Dunno, maybe its random. 

Questions are pretty generic but you might want to make sure you know things like the address of old places you've lived, dates of previous jobs, stuff like that. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 2

On 9/21/2019 at 4:17 AM, gurn said:

In todays age, the first thing through my mind is that this is some kind of immigration throw them on a plane out of Canada  thing. 

But I'd guess they will interview the two of you at the same time, but in different rooms.

You don't get interviewed in a separate room. Interviews take place in the main room, where all the passports are being issued. 

Interviews consist of taking to both an American and a Canadian official. Takes about 5 minutes total, if that. The basically want to confirm your identity and make sure you aren't using the Nexus for purposes other than travel, ex crime or commercial use.

I did not even know joint interviews were possible. 

1 hour ago, taxi said:

You don't get interviewed in a separate room. Interviews take place in the main room, where all the passports are being issued. 

Interviews consist of taking to both an American and a Canadian official. Takes about 5 minutes total, if that. The basically want to confirm your identity and make sure you aren't using the Nexus for purposes other than travel, ex crime or commercial use.

I did not even know joint interviews were possible. 

This. Super easy. I was surprised how easy it was. Totally worth it, too. Love my Nexus pass.

10 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

This. Super easy. I was surprised how easy it was. Totally worth it, too. Love my Nexus pass.

Going across the line is like playing Russian Roulette.  You are going to get shot on the head one of these visits, you’re not sure which one.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Going across the line is like playing Russian Roulette.  You are going to get shot on the head one of these visits, you’re not sure which one.  

Hahaha, oh, Alf, always good for a quick quip :lol:

Thankfully, I use mine to skip lines in Canadian airports and rarely to go south.