The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Philadelphia Flyers At A Team Like That October 12 7PM CBC

Rate this topic

AlwaysACanuckFan

2 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

So, in other words, you have absolutely no idea what your previous claim is.

Got it.

No further discussion with you on this subject is necessary because you clearly haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Passive reply.  Either stay in the fight, or just move on.  Don’t EVER swing and run.

Think of this as a lesson in life from an old drunk alien. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Johnny is Awesome. You gotta love him. 

I hope he kicks cocky Daniels ass, next season

Yeah - Johnny is actually trying to the right thing.  Different topic, it's funny with all the car dealerships Daniel has & the TV ads, we have something similar in Sacramento, Neilo this and Neilo that ... they have like 8 or 10 different dealerships

Edited by Cali Canuck
typos
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

And later, The Body Shop.

Found almost the whole team (except Bure and Odjick) at Carlo's & Bud's after a playoff game one time (Marty Gelinas era).

Left them alone for the most part but there was so many of them, Babych even had a brother or two there, and then a bunch of us were standing outside for, well you know, and several Canucks were milling around too (but not partaking that we could see).

It was pretty cool; Canucks everywhere!  (I still have the paper match book but didn't bother anyone for autographs or anything.)

Had a good chat with Marty though, shook his hand, and then took "the hand that shook Martin Gelinas' hand" out partying to share with everyone.

Like, "Do you want to shake that hand that etc. (It was like an old-fashioned selfie in a way I guess cuz nobody had mobile phones back then.)

He played his heart out for us and took a horrible beating in front of the net and never got a call; I thanked him, and he said, "For what?"

After I said for playing so hard and taking so many shots and not getting a call and he kinda shook his head and said something like, "I know".

Awww...the good old days!

25 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

And later, The Body Shop.

Found almost the whole team (except Bure and Odjick) at Carlo's & Bud's after a playoff game one time (Marty Gelinas era).

Left them alone for the most part but there was so many of them, Babych even had a brother or two there, and then a bunch of us were standing outside for, well you know, and several Canucks were milling around too (but not partaking that we could see).

It was pretty cool; Canucks everywhere!  (I still have the paper match book but didn't bother anyone for autographs or anything.)

Had a good chat with Marty though, shook his hand, and then took "the hand that shook Martin Gelinas' hand" out partying to share with everyone.

Like, "Do you want to shake that hand that etc. (It was like an old-fashioned selfie in a way I guess cuz nobody had mobile phones back then.)

He played his heart out for us and took a horrible beating in front of the net and never got a call; I thanked him, and he said, "For what?"

After I said for playing so hard and taking so many shots and not getting a call and he kinda shook his head and said something like, "I know".

Was Carlos & Buds the place under the north end of the Granville St. Bridge? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

I think it’s going to be good fast game, to young teams with a lot to prove this year. something bad always happens against the Flyers, hopefully not tonight 

Who’s that guy the Flyers drafted ahead if Petey?  Is he playing? 

3 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Was Carlos & Buds the place under the north end of the Granville St. Bridge? 

Yes - "Tex/Mex" food and cheap beer.

After they moved to "GM Place / The Garage", Russ Courtnall was still on the team & owned Double Overtime which was really close to the rink.  I went their a few times after the game.  Between 1/3 and 1/2 the team usually came in for awhile.  Gino was there every time I went, I think Kirk McLean was there  every time too.  They usually went to their own little area.   I was on the other end of the bar but I think generally people left them alone.

• Upvote 1