The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Philadelphia Flyers At A Team Like That October 12 7PM CBC

Rate this topic

AlwaysACanuckFan

13 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

I'd rather listen to Randorf or Debrusk than Hughson or Simpson.   I don't know if Randorf was born in BC but he lived here a long time.  In the 90s I used to play fastball against his team at Counaught park in Kits.  He seemed like a decent guy.  And even though Loui D played for both Edmonton and Boston he seems like decent, balanced guy as well.   Most of his commentary is pretty even or unbiased.  I remember on an After Hours in the spring he told Petey "I know you're a humble guy and you won't say it but in my opinion you're winning the Calder"

Even though Hughson was the Canucks play by play for a few years he forgot all about that as soon as he moved back to TO.  Plus him & Simpson seem like jerks.

About 20% of that is correct. 

Randorf is relatively unbiased, but his voice is (unfortunately) very grating to lithen to. 

DeBust is a homer. He can like individual players of ours, but he'll pick teams who aren't us to 'cheer for'. Occasionally throw up a "Oh, I'd best pretend to be impartial" line, and then right back to it. 

Craig Simpson is another guy who just rails on us every chance he gets, especially if it's for his beloved Oilers or Leafs. He's less of a Flames homer than Hrudey though, so that's good. 

Jim's got to somehow balance that out. Which he does. Even when he was doing Canuck play by play, he was relatively impartial as far as broadcasters go. It was natural to see him get plucked by CBC for the big games. 

I'm not asking for homers like John Garrett. I like homers like JohnnyG, but on a national broadcast it would just be nice to have someone that doethnt thound like thereths a tooth mithing, and not a "f*ck the Canucks" colour guy. 

I'm really sour on the current crop ever since 2011 and how we were reviled despite being the Canadian team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, brownky said:

About 20% of that is correct. 

Randorf is relatively unbiased, but his voice is (unfortunately) very grating to lithen to. 

DeBust is a homer. He can like individual players of ours, but he'll pick teams who aren't us to 'cheer for'. Occasionally throw up a "Oh, I'd best pretend to be impartial" line, and then right back to it. 

Craig Simpson is another guy who just rails on us every chance he gets, especially if it's for his beloved Oilers or Leafs. He's less of a Flames homer than Hrudey though, so that's good. 

Jim's got to somehow balance that out. Which he does. Even when he was doing Canuck play by play, he was relatively impartial as far as broadcasters go. It was natural to see him get plucked by CBC for the big games. 

I'm not asking for homers like John Garrett. I like homers like JohnnyG, but on a national broadcast it would just be nice to have someone that doethnt thound like thereths a tooth mithing, and not a "f*ck the Canucks" colour guy. 

I'm really sour on the current crop ever since 2011 and how we were reviled despite being the Canadian team. 

you're about 40% right - everything in bold is wrong

1 minute ago, Cali Canuck said:

Why would I care about what Buffalo or Phoenix wears - they aren't my team:metal:

Because you previously stated that the flying V was "the worst jersey in sports".

Clearly you're kidding. There have been far, FAR worse. I named two hockey jerseys off the top of my head...and haven't even considered other sports.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

REFEREES

Tom Chmielewski #18
TC18.jpg?resize=120,120
Graham Skilliter #24
GS24.jpg?resize=120,120
Games 18-19 75 75
Career RS Games 223 403
First NHL Game 4/8/14 1/28/13
Birthplace Scott AFB, IL La Ronge, SK

LINESMEN

Kiel Murchison #79
KM79.jpg?resize=120,120
Bevan Mills #53
BM53.jpg?resize=120,120
Games 18-19 73 29
Career RS Games 476 100
First NHL Game 1/21/13 11/29/16
Birthplace Cloverdale, BC Surrey, BC
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

#19 printed on the jersey, but Naslund!?

The Year? Maybe

i like the idea of vintage jerseys, and I loves colors, it’s those damn stupid white honkys that I don’t like. 

Edited by HockeyHarry

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT] Philadelphia Flyers At A Team Like That October 12 7PM CBC
1 hour ago, fecklund said:

Should have checked twitter.
new 3rd.... i hate it. They removed the white from the green trim and now it looks gaudy as hell.... Gaudette might make it look good i guess, that said.

canucks-new-heritage-third-jersey.jpg

I reckon it looks good! I'd prefer white around the green, but I still think it looks pretty sharp. I like the updated logo

I think I might buy one!

5 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Could also work against them. Not having their legs under them yet. Not in a groove. We also are coming off 2 day break, only 2 games in the last 7 days. So we aren't exactly tired ourselves and could still be riding the high from the last game. If anything they should be more worried about us than we should be about them.

They were in Europe for game 1 of the season.

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

oh for sure it must be. So where is the watering hole to watch Canucks games in PR these days!?

I don’t live in PR anymore I’m just from there. 

For the Crazy PR people it would be the Cran Bar “the Bucket” shout out to the PR people.

now go support the Regals and Paperkings 

• Cheers 1