The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

10 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

King really Alberta  public school system kicks the hell out of B.Cs. 

I thought Albertans typically don't graduate and go work in the patch once they turn 15 yrs old... buy their first jacked up truck at 17 yrs of age with a 60,000 truck loan.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

I thought Albertans typically don't graduate and go work in the patch once they turn 15 yrs old... buy their first jacked up truck at 17 yrs of age with a 60,000 truck loan.....

I could say the same about loggers too but the pay check is smaller lol

you can make ten grand a hitch if your on a good crew, 60 grand loan ain't much when you work pretty much 24/7 

Just now, haton said:

No that wouldn't happen. In Canada we don't change teams no matter where we go.  But wait, maybe in Alberta? nah.

Will the NHL allow Albertistan teams? 

Is the new currency sorted out? The players would have to know how to deal with their contracts.

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Will the NHL allow Albertistan teams? 

Is the new currency sorted out? The players would have to know how to deal with their contracts.

I think if it did happen we would still be under Britain law but separate you know what I mean?

sorry had a hoot , makes it harder to sound serious lol

5 minutes ago, haton said:

No that wouldn't happen. In Canada we don't change teams no matter where we go.  But wait, maybe in Alberta? nah.

Be careful about moving to Alberta... going forward you may have to give up your Canadian passport if you join Albertastan.....

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I think if it did happen we would still be under Britain law but separate you know what I mean?

Albertans version of a distinct society.....

vjTJY-1445351305-35-lists-beverlyhillbil

Screw those Brits, not a good bunch, can't trust'em.

Had a hoot? Maybe you fit right in here in British Columbia!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Screw those Brits, not a good bunch, can't trust'em.

Had a hoot? Maybe you fit right in here in British Columbia!

I'm actually from b.c but live in Alberta lol but I grew up in Manitoba from 3 to 15 then back to b.c then I moved to Alberta when I turned 18 and then after acouple years in Alberta moved back to b.c for two years then Moved back to Alberta lol also almost all my moms family lives in the Inveremere area lol

so yea I know a lot of different slang and I've seen a lot of different things and can see where both sides come from lol

I'm actually from b.c but live in Alberta lol but I grew up in Manitoba from 3 to 15 then back to b.c then I moved to Alberta when I turned 18 and then after acouple years in Alberta moved back to b.c for two years then Moved back to Alberta lol also almost all my moms family lives in the Inveremere area lol

so yea I know a lot of different slang and I've seen a lot of different things and can see where both sides come from lol

And I am actually a Brit

I know about moving around. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, haton said:

Actually this is the root of the problem. If Canada had not shut down Alberta's oil business the Canadian dollar would be at par with the US. That is bad for the wannabe manufacturing and other industry in the rest of the country. Wexit will be better for everyone. A 50 cent dollar will bring back business to Canada, and Alberta will have to adjust to a dollar at par.

And don't forget b.c was even offered millions to just say yes and they could do anything with that money........maybe invest in their public schools but why do that just teach them oil is the devil lol

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I read that AB has 90,000 inactive wells and BC has 10,000.

What is the environmental impact of the mine sites? is there a lot of them?

Well the tailings ponds seem to cause serious environmental catastrophes. 

@Warhippy is a seasoned miner maybe he could give an honest response. 

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

FFS - albertans work 14 yrs days because they don't know how to read... so it takes about 9 hrs for them to read the building plans..... and then they get to work for 5 hrs.

You can't count that as a 14 hr work day.... 

BC ers would do the same amount work in 5 hrs.....

FFS even the newfies in Alberta get promoted quickly as their level of education  / math / reading skills .  are  so much higher than albertans....

More stupidity. 

Look up the most educated and entrepreneurial province in Canada.

And don't forget b.c was even offered millions to just say yes and they could do anything with that money........maybe invest in their public schools but why do that just teach them oil is the devil lol

How much?

Was it a percentage cut?

When you're landlocked you're gonna have to pay someone.  I would think a percentage of the revenue along with 100% guarantee from the producers for full clean up response. 

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I've been everywhere, man
I've been everywhere, man
Crossed the desert's bare, man
I've breathed the mountain air, man
Of travel I've a'had my share, man
I've been everywhere

I understand that each province has it's environmental challenges. I was really just asking good old Ryan about the amount of wells etc..since he said some of us BC'rs have a superiority complex. I hadn't heard much about inactive wells in BC. Turns out the stats are 9-1 for AB vs BC.

Also, like I said there is work on those wells for any that in AB need it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/decommissioning-closures-wells-psac-alberta-1.5323450

The point I'm making is if it's an issue for Alberta it's also an issue for BC, right?

Considering the amount of BCs gdp made up through taxes I imagine the impact would be deeper. 

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm guessing that the majority (if not entirety) of BC wells are in the Fort St John area....

...probably plenty in southern Saskatchewan around Weyburn and Estevan as well...

Dawson Creek area also.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

The point I'm making is if it's an issue for Alberta it's also an issue for BC, right?

Oh good 

We're on the same page. Let's clean up all them useless wells. They are a liability.  You guys have a lot more work to do than BC it seems. 

• Cheers 1