The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Nov. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

22 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

And yet we are 8th in the league with this stagnant system. It may not be exciting, but it seems to be better than over half the league. Could there be improvement? Maybe (because we aren't #1 I guess), but don't see how at this point it's worth dumping Newell Brown for. If it's simply because of personnel, are you suggesting that the PP is only effective when they don't bother with Brown's systems and simply do their own thing?

Agree to disagree, this PP is stale and the talent is carrying Brown not the other way around. Never wanted him back in the first place honestly. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Agree to disagree, this PP is stale and the talent is carrying Brown not the other way around. Never wanted him back in the first place honestly. 

At the end of the day, it always comes down to the personnel executing. The players likely discuss with Brown on what they like and things to improve on. I doubt it's a dictatorship where players have to plant exactly where Brown says. He sets up zone entries layouts and set ups, but the players have the freedom to see how the play develops. Drop passes are done league-wide and so is the dump and chase. If the PP is doing well, it is both the system and the execution that worked. There have been plenty of poor passes and missed shots that put some of the onus on the players not executing while the systems aren't always 100% effective.

Right now we are 8th in the league IMO due to both the players and Brown working together. Have your opinion about Brown, but as it stands, our PP could be even worse so I don't see it being a reason to let him go just yet.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Of course, the Canucks are viewed as a threat now.  They're going to have to learn to play their best every game.  They seemed discombobulated to me, passes not connecting, poor flow.....who knows why?  They went from possibly their best game of the year to their worst in 2 days.

I expect better tonight in Winnipeg.  Interested to see Chatfield.  Does he get the nod or do we see Fantenberg on his off side?

Yes it happens...

And yes thats the next step in the journey of this team... not just to turn it on now and again, but to become consistent in performances... It may not always end up with a victory, but it will get closer.

yeah will be interesting to see how either Chatfield or Fantenberg slots in... For anyone wondering about Tryamkin and there not being room for him on the back end... With out injury history, I think there would always be room for a player like Tryamkin... but thats for another day... 

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Yes it happens...

And yes thats the next step in the journey of this team... not just to turn it on now and again, but to become consistent in performances... It may not always end up with a victory, but it will get closer.

yeah will be interesting to see how either Chatfield or Fantenberg slots in... For anyone wondering about Tryamkin and there not being room for him on the back end... With out injury history, I think there would always be room for a player like Tryamkin... but thats for another day... 

Exactly...  Tryamkin also has a very good injury record... he simply doesn't get injured.

Any injuries happen to other players who come in contact with him.  B)

I think the team should do all they can to get him back in a Canuck uniform, including offering him a chance start at the 5/6.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Exactly...  Tryamkin also has a very good injury record... he simply doesn't get injured.

Any injuries happen to other players who come in contact with him.  B)

I think the team should do all they can to get him back in a Canuck uniform, including offering him a chance start at the 5/6.

I actually have a feeling, he could be Tanevs long term replacement, provided he wants to come back. 

5 hours ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Ah, the utopian Canuckian vision. May just have some human nature to contend with before getting there. :P  Personally, I'd call most of the ventilation, passionate, and leave it at that. Besides, I remember being pissed off for a couple days after a loss like this. Nowadays I just yell at the TV, hit my kid and then take it out on my wife. You, know, like a normal person. :lol: LOL

I guess the dog escaped while you were yelling at the TV. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

8th in the league. Hard to argue against it but I get your perspective.

Only 15 games in. I'd be more concerned if we are bottom half after Xmas. 

Both PP and PK are top 10 in league. 

Really it's a difficult argument against our special teams thus far this season. So far so good..... imo. 

• Cheers 1