The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Nov. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Its time to get over this Shhhh*^*& and look towards tonight. Wheres the GDT for Winnipeg????

Pretty much. The fan base needs to take a more player based approach to the season. On to the next one. 

I highly doubt the players are still freaking out over the outcome of last night’s game. They have to move on and focus on the next one. No time for dwelling. Just getting their learn on. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Pretty much. The fan base needs to take a more player based approach to the season. On to the next one. 

I highly doubt the players are still freaking out over the outcome of last night’s game. They have to move on and focus on the next one. No time for dwelling. Just getting their learn on. 

100% man. They are all focused on today, probably left the Hawks game back in their building. Good lesson on effort out of the gate.

Would like to see Baer in for LE tho. Leivo can cover Motte for now.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

100% man. They are all focused on today, probably left the Hawks game back in their building. Good lesson on effort out of the gate.

Imagine all the Canucks fans, living life without anxiety. 

You-ooo-ooo, you may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one, I hope some day the stress cases will join us, and the fan base will be as one. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Imagine all the Canucks fans, living life without anxiety. 

You-ooo-ooo, you may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one, I hope some day the stress cases will join us, and the fan base will be as one. 

Ah, the utopian Canuckian vision. May just have some human nature to contend with before getting there. :P  Personally, I'd call most of the ventilation, passionate, and leave it at that. Besides, I remember being pissed off for a couple days after a loss like this. Nowadays I just yell at the TV, hit my kid and then take it out on my wife. You, know, like a normal person. :lol: LOL

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Ah, the utopian Canuckian vision. May just have some human nature to contend with before getting there. :P  Personally, I'd call most of the ventilation, passionate, and leave it at that. Besides, I remember being pissed off for a couple days after a loss like this. Nowadays I just yell at the TV, hit my kid and then take it out on my wife. You, know, like a normal person. :lol: LOL

:rolleyes: Just waiting here until someone takes this post seriously.:rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Is that you Archie Bunker?, lol.

• Haha 1

• -SN- unpinned and unfeatured this topic
26 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

LE has to go. Brutal, just brutal. He's embarrassing himself trying to be an NHLer. I bet he's retired after collecting his bonus this July 1st. 

8 minutes ago, rekker said:

LE has to go. Brutal, just brutal. He's embarrassing himself trying to be an NHLer. I bet he's retired after collecting his bonus this July 1st. 

placeholder for Roussel I think now. I expected more out of him, he's doing OK most games he's been in but I don't see how he keeps a spot over Antoine. 

• Upvote 1

The sky isn't falling. Not worried. Again, glad we're going through issues early. Our depth is being tested. We need to get back on a roll. We're still among the top teams. Our goals and goal differential are great. 

Imo, we need to cool off on the talk of dynasty, best this, best that, and just let it unfold. All of that just makes losses like last night even more frustrating and sets up disappointment. 

Good opportunity tonight for Demko and to get back into the win column. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

So what is your home address?

One loss and people trying to jettison LE out of town again.

For those that says LE displayed lack of effort, you are wrong. Effort was there.

That line wasn't even bad in our loss.. They played against Toews line for most of the game and lot of times, they kept the puck deep in their zone and cycled, which is exactly what you do against the other team's skilled line. 

I understand people want the team to showcase Baer and all but let's not bring up false info just so you could armchair GM this team. 

As a 4th liner, LE has been fine. 

Should Baer slots back into the lineup, it should be at the expense of Gaudette, Pears and or Leivo. Out of those 3, I feel Leivo will unlikely come off the line up. 

You can't expect to slot Gaudette into a 4th line and expect that type of player to play effective 4th line minutes. Gaudette is suited for top 9 role. And that's why Green keeps him up the roster. 

Good luck putting Gaudette or Pears in the 4th line and have that line go against the other team's top line.

Edited by LowerMainLander18

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

You see how little movement the PP has had for years now? How do you find that acceptable. It is stagnant and he's made no adjustments... 

And yet we are 8th in the league with this stagnant system. It may not be exciting, but it seems to be better than over half the league. Could there be improvement? Maybe (because we aren't #1 I guess), but don't see how at this point it's worth dumping Newell Brown for. If it's simply because of personnel, are you suggesting that the PP is only effective when they don't bother with Brown's systems and simply do their own thing?