The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 03, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if, and its a big if, what we saw last night was a real thing, it solves a couple of big issues. It gives AG a feisty winger and gives Jake a real spot. We'll just have to wait and see but man that could be a great 3rd line if the potential pans out. 

Curious to see what happens when Sutter Beagle Ferland and Motte return. 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if, and its a big if, what we saw last night was a real thing, it solves a couple of big issues. It gives AG a feisty winger and gives Jake a real spot. We'll just have to wait and see but man that could be a great 3rd line if the potential pans out. 

Well, AG is out of a spot when Sutter and Beagle return, so enjoy it while it lasts.  I think we'll see Jake and Rous stay together though as they had good chemistry last season as well.  

I love that Jake keeps putting up points no matter how much TG shuffles him through the lineup.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Well, AG is out of a spot when Sutter and Beagle return, so enjoy it while it lasts.  I think we'll see Jake and Rous stay together though as they had good chemistry last season as well.  

I love that Jake keeps putting up points no matter how much TG shuffles him through the lineup.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Curious to see what happens when Sutter Beagle Ferland and Motte return. 

I'm not so sure about that. I think Ferland lines up with Bo. Beagle, Schaller and Loui will be the 4th line. Who knows when Sutter or Motte will even be able to play? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I believe Gaudette has passed his limit for games with the Canucks, and is now waiver eligible if he's sent down to Utica. I highly, highly doubt Benning would be willing to lose him to another team at this point.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I believe Gaudette has passed his limit for games with the Canucks, and is now waiver eligible if he's sent down to Utica. I highly, highly doubt Benning would be willing to lose him to another team at this point.

Probably not, but he likely won't be playing C

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not so sure about that. I think Ferland lines up with Bo. Beagle, Schaller and Loui will be the 4th line. Who knows when Sutter or Motte will even be able to play? 

Well Sutter will be at 3C

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Flying under the radar tonight with Burrows induction and Roussel’s return is the fact that Gaudette is putting up top 6 numbers while playing 3rd line minutes.

More goals and points in 19 games than he got in 56 last season. Kid really is firing on all cylinders right now. Servin’ my ass some crow.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

Late to the show here, works a bitch, and haven't had time to read all the comments from after the game, but just wanted to say that seeing Burr back on centre ice was magic.

The presentation was good, and when it culminated with the dragon slayer moment, a tear appeared in my eye... not often that happens, but to relive the elation and jubilation was precious....priceless...

Speech by Hank was very very good as well... Just so good...

From the game itself, it was great to see the bounce back by Demko... and to see Roussel, in many way so like Burrows, get the first goal was just the icing on the cake and very fitting.

Great job Canucks...

Edited by spook007

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well Sutter will be at 3C

i like Sutter but I wonder if he's just had too many groin injuries and surgeries to be able to play effectively anymore. I'm not sure its his spot to lose anymore. AG has to get far better on face offs tho. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I’ve been saying it since early on:

In OT, the first 3 man (people-person) unit should be EP, BB and QH.

Next it should be 88, 9 and 57 (gulp, I know...).

Then Horvat and the hot hands going in that game. 

Gaud has been as clutch as Horvat, minus the winning of the draws. 

Possession is the name of the game. Miller could help with that on Gaud’s OT line. 

Sorry, I don’t think Jake is suited for OT pond hockey.

For all the hoping in this forum for him to play in OT, I get why he hasn’t.

In open ice, his game isn’t that great. His takeaway stats are great, but that’s along the boards and in crowded areas.

EP and 88 should be options 1 and 2 in OT, IMO. 

This is one area where TG irritates me. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

i like Sutter but I wonder if he's just had too many groin injuries and surgeries to be able to play effectively anymore. I'm not sure its his spot to lose anymore. AG has to get far better on face offs tho. 

Sutter has value.

Both he and Tanev have been playing their best hockey in years and they’re also both healthy... were. 

I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I’d trade both of those IR magnets before they break, if anybody is willing to pay for an IR mainstay, that is. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Upvote 1