The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 03, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Sutter has value.

Both he and Tanev have been playing their best hockey in years and we’re also both healthy... 

I know it’s an unpopular opinion, but I’d trade both of those IR magnets before they break, if anybody is willing to pay for an IR mainstay, that is. 

I'm not a Sutter basher, I see what he's done for the team, just am concerned that his lower body is toast after two major surgeries and all the other injuries. 

I like the idea of getting value for Tanev for sure, as long as we have someone who can replace him and it doesn't tank the chances for a wild card spot. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not a Sutter basher, I see what he's done for the team, just am concerned that his lower body is toast after two major surgeries and all the other injuries. 

I like the idea of getting value for Tanev for sure, as long as we have someone who can replace him and it doesn't tank the chances for a wild card spot. 

Gotta keep 'em both.  I think Tanev, as a coming UFA has a lot of value.  Sutter IMO has no trade value.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Gotta keep 'em both.  I think Tanev, as a coming UFA has a lot of value.  Sutter IMO has no trade value.  

Tanev has been playing great with Hughes, not spending nearly as much time getting crushed on our side of the ice. He absolutely has a lot of value to a playoff team this year, just hope its us. But if not, then yeah he'll be sought after for sure. The Leaves would love to have him, and according to capfriendly they'd have the TDL day cap space to obtain him. 

49 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not so sure about that. I think Ferland lines up with Bo. Beagle, Schaller and Loui will be the 4th line. Who knows when Sutter or Motte will even be able to play? 

Sutter might be back Saturday

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

For the past 3 seasons, the two players I’ve wanted to replaced Sutter and Tanev with have been, Lowry and Edmundson. 

No proposal ideas on how... 

I know others might dump on the suggestion, but that’s mine. 

Christian Fischer and even Borocop are other options, IMO. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

For the past 3 seasons, the two players I’ve wanted to replaced Sutter and Tanev with have been, Lowry and Edmundson. 

I don't know these two players.  Are they younger, cheaper, and better?  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The way the Laughers are going they will be sellers at the TDL. 

I’d take Barrie or MG! 

They have decent trade chips if they ever choose to make some big trades... nahh, fire the coach instead, right, Dumbass? 

Pitiful management and waste of a talented roster.  

Just now, Alflives said:

I don't know these two players.  Are they younger, cheaper, and better?  

All of the above, depending on how you perceive value.

Tougher, healthier and cheap enough. 

Take a look. 

Since JB is still keeping the roster auditions going, I suspect he’s also looking at the culls’ value for upgrades. 

My proposals will shock sting, but this is still a rebuild and we should still be selling high these next few seasons to supplement the emerging core with fixtures on that envisioned roster, IMO. 

I’ve heard all the opposing views on this, I am sure you will too now, but these next few seasons are sacrificial, entertainment and still part of the building building phase. I don’t mind the losing in the short term. It’s the destination I fancy. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I heard that both Sutter and Beagle might be back on Saturday.  I wonder, with Hockey Gaud playing so well as our 3rd. line center, if Sutter plays on the wing?

I’d be fine with that, as long as Sutter is the one taking the face offs. 

41 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

dont you think we might have a Lowry in MacEwan if he can pick up his game a bit? they're the same size and similar roles. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

dont you think we might have a Lowry in MacEwan if he can pick up his game a bit? they're the same size and similar roles. 

Lowry is actually a pretty decent centerman and can win key draws in key situations. He’s also quite durable despite being tough and rugged. We could use that down the middle. 

IMO, Zack is a bubble player and I doubt he has much of a future in this league, certainly not as much as Lowry has enjoyed anyways. 

I’ve followed both Lowry and Edmundson since their days in the dub. 

They’re leaders, can be clutch and both are suited for playoff hockey. 

I could go on, but not for a hypothetical, I’ve learned to only give so much blood to this Time Vampire :lol:

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I heard that both Sutter and Beagle might be back on Saturday.  I wonder, with Hockey Gaud playing so well as our 3rd. line center, if Sutter plays on the wing?

As Miller and Petey have demonstrated, when you put a centre who is good at faceoffs on the wing of one who is not, you can get excellent results.

• Like 1