The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A proposal for an exciting new idea in the NHL

Rate this topic

Forced Trade Day  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's called FORCED TRADE DAY!

The NHL should institute the forced trade day, one day before the end of the regular season.

Two teams are selected at random on forced trade day.

There is then a drawing out of a fancy bingo machine or something, to determine the position of the players which will be traded. So, if defense is drawn, each team will swap a defenseman.

The players are then randomly selected from both NHL rosters and instantly swapped automatically, just in time for the playoffs.

If the trade puts one team over the salary cap, they pay a penalty against the cap the next season equal to 50% of the cap overage.

Would make for some good TV! What do you guys think?

Imagine:

Toronto and Ottawa are selected

Position is forward

Matthews and Tierney are selected and switch teams

I think it would be great to round up some extra interest heading into the playoffs every year

• Haha 2
  • Wat 3

I knew even before i got in the thread that this was gonna be great. 

I.....dont even know what to say......

ahh the internet. It changed the world so much. Now stupid ideas get tweeted and posted and talked about, instead of ridiculed. What an age we live in. The age of information. Truly wondrous. 

The ironic thing is, the general population considers themselves more intelligent than our ancestors. The same ones that built the pyramids with no machinery. The same ones that proved the earth isnt flat. The same ones that invented vaccines that have saved more human lives than any other invention, except perhaps penicillin. 

Those stupid savages. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

i guess that standards are slipping in 2020 already?

um mods?

does this thread contain substance?

really?

sporting substance?

??

i started this as a joke about canadian trade day due to the trades yesterday

it was a comment in 1 post (that is all it is worth)

this guy has picked it up and made a thread about it

even i know my joke is not worthy of generalization and then being made into a topic

Edited by coastal.view
  • Like 1
  • Wat 2

Something like this could completely upset what a team has worked to achieve and ruin them. Imagine losing Petey for a tweener? We'd be out of the playoffs for another 5 years +

6 hours ago, coastal.view said:

i guess that standards are slipping in 2020 already?

um mods?

does this thread contain substance?

really?

sporting substance?

??

i started this as a joke about canadian trade day due to the trades yesterday

it was a comment in 1 post (that is all it is worth)

this guy has picked it up and made a thread about it

even i know my joke is not worthy of generalization and then being made into a topic

don't funny face me BrockBoester

you are almost a troll in many of your thread efforts

and you lack imagination and originality

anyone who reads a lot of your tripe knows this

Edited by coastal.view
  • Like 1
  • Wat 3

On 1/3/2020 at 12:11 AM, BrockBoester said:

It's called FORCED TRADE DAY!

The NHL should institute the forced trade day, one day before the end of the regular season.

Two teams are selected at random on forced trade day.

There is then a drawing out of a fancy bingo machine or something, to determine the position of the players which will be traded. So, if defense is drawn, each team will swap a defenseman.

The players are then randomly selected from both NHL rosters and instantly swapped automatically, just in time for the playoffs.

If the trade puts one team over the salary cap, they pay a penalty against the cap the next season equal to 50% of the cap overage.

Would make for some good TV! What do you guys think?

Imagine:

Toronto and Ottawa are selected

Position is forward

Matthews and Tierney are selected and switch teams

I think it would be great to round up some extra interest heading into the playoffs every year

Laughable  :picard:

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

23 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Something like this could completely upset what a team has worked to achieve and ruin them. Imagine losing Petey for a tweener? We'd be out of the playoffs for another 5 years +

I know it’s irrelevant, but the odds of a team losing their best player (when Seattle joins) is 1/23,808...

Math - 1/32 picked, 1/31 picked, 1/6 positions 1/4 players... if you add in players in the farm it gets more astronomical.

P.S. Math might be wrong haven’t done statistics in a long time, but still the odds of it picking 1 specific player is rare.

10 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

Sounds like many of you are not in favor of forced trade day, I will personally let Mr. Bettman know.

Could you do so with a karate chop or roundhouse kick, please thanks?  On second thought, both.

Also I'm all in favour for FREE BEER DAY.

• Cheers 3

16 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Could you do so with a karate chop or roundhouse kick, please thanks?  On second thought, both.

Also I'm all in favour for FREE BEER DAY.

I'm on board, but watch out for the Doug Fords of the world!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Capajoe said:

I know it’s irrelevant, but the odds of a team losing their best player (when Seattle joins) is 1/23,808...

Math - 1/32 picked, 1/31 picked, 1/6 positions 1/4 players... if you add in players in the farm it gets more astronomical.

P.S. Math might be wrong haven’t done statistics in a long time, but still the odds of it picking 1 specific player is rare.

your math is racist!

• -SN- locked this topic