The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres | Jan. 11, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

I learned that the early morning games makes CDC a bit more irritable. Lets not argue like this anymore friends. It makes me sad in my chesticles.

Could also be breast cancer. Might wanna get it looked at.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They don't take any NHL team lightly. Such a lame hot take. 

Ofcourse they do. It's natural human instinct.. WSH is playing NJD tonight. Best team vs 2nd worst in entire NHL.. no way they get up for it like they would if they were playing BOS or STL.. they won't be going 100%.

If they did every game would be like a playoff game and most of the team would be injured half way into the season..

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Ofcourse they do. It's natural human instinct.. WSH is playing NJD tonight. Best team vs 2nd worst in entire NHL.. no way they get up for it like they would if they were playing BOS or STL.. they won't be going 100%.

If they did every game would be like a playoff game and most of the team would be injured half way into the season..

I wasn't talking about Washington a bonafide contender. I was talking about the Canucks a bubble team. No nights to take teams lightly for a team that has earned nothing yet. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, _Henrik_ said:

This. It's as if mf's look another way as soon as the puck is behind offensive blue. I don't want to praise the guy too much. He's doing a solid job. But today he actually had some moments when even only-goals-count-people should've seen his use and contributions. halfway in third he had a session where he broke buffalos possession like three times in 40 sec. including stopping an attack. again, he's past prime but he's stepping up, digging in, and pegging up for other players. 

Agreed. He's an asset. He's also very durable.  He seems like the type of player who can thrive well into his 40's like Chris Chelios, Chara, or Jagr. Hopefully JB can resign him to another LT deal once his current contract expires.  He's the heart and soul of this team. I  bet guys like Petterson strive to be as good as LE someday. 

Not the prettiest game, and the Sabres definitely had their chances, but hey, you take this every day of the week after those last 2 games. Also, the Canucks really had a strong 3rd period which is where it often matters the most. Also, they didn't have any giveaways, so while they may have shot of themselves in the foot in being trapped in their own zone at times, they did a good job in not gifting the Sabres any quality chances or rushes.

Boeser had a really good game, had some really nice goals. Good for Loui getting the goal in the end, he deserved it after taking that cut to the mouth. Anyway, if we could start another streak, we could really find this team set up really nicely. At the same time, if they lose the next bunch, we could suddenly find ourselves falling out of it, so let's hope for the best!

1 hour ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

what a stupid comment. like it or not (which I don't) with the injuries to our forward group Eriksson is in the line up, is it the worst thing in the world to throw the guy a bone and put him out there with a 2 goal lead so he has a chance to maybe gain some confidence? but I guess since we won you have to look for an excuse to bash Green.

chil.jpg.d33eb6ca71ff8c2f8a828ceb374a1a5b.jpg

I am thinking Miller is a good influence on BB - he no longer  hangs out waiting for his chances for the big one timer but he is out digging for the puck - game rounding out. Nice growth.. Infact every couple of weeks you start seeing the young group  pulling off moves they hadn't  tried a month back.  Growing - but I don't think they are taking  steps back  - they are finding ways to keep  growing and improving. I am hopeful they make  a round in the playoffs.

They looked like they were having fun playing today

Minnie tomorrow - hope they can pull a win for Duke

GCG

• Upvote 4

Just finished watching recorded game , relieved to get a win but not surprising since Louie scored  :lol: cause you know the record when that happens lol ... ok it was an empty net and they were gonna win anyways, stillll 

Boeser was trying for a hattrick 

one hilight was the ‘Johns’ harmonizing the X Files theme song :lol:

Get another W tomorrow start another streak :towel:

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

what a stupid comment. like it or not (which I don't) with the injuries to our forward group Eriksson is in the line up, is it the worst thing in the world to throw the guy a bone and put him out there with a 2 goal lead so he has a chance to maybe gain some confidence? but I guess since we won you have to look for an excuse to bash Green.

EIGHT.jpg.7c8f9d8644e64db39c2466865e1a55e3.jpgand you, does this offend you too?

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“It's really exciting to go back and see my family and have my whole family and my dad watch.” - Boeser on going to Minnesota tomorrow

Might need the Kleenex for this game. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill