The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What you smoking?

Rate this topic

RowdyCanuck

4 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Currently, Bubba Kush, Nuken, Purple White Widow, and Texada Timewarp... all dank as fk

The bubba kush and purple white widow sound good to me ha (I've had different strains of white widow before and liked them)

all those names sounds dank though ha. 

You tried a company name clove? I heard their suppose to be pretty good. 

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

The bubba kush and purple white widow sound good to me ha (I've had different strains of white widow before and liked them)

all those names sounds dank though ha. 

You tried a company name clove? I heard their suppose to be pretty good. 

Nah, roommates work in the industry, get my stuff strong, nice and cheap

PSA, Try the Nuken, soo damn good, rolls like a champ

Edited by Chickenspear
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Nah, roommates work in the industry, get my stuff strong, nice and cheap

PSA, Try the Nuken, soo damn good, rolls like a champ

Lucky, I thought about dumpin the gf for a bud tender in town but not worth it lol 

lucky lol that's why I miss b.c black market is almost always good and cheaper ha

I'll see if nuken is in town and then maybe i can return the Favour and give yea recommendation. Ha

• Cheers 1
10 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay since pot is legal and there's all different kinds , I figured start a thread about it( kinda like the whiskey thread)

So what new stuff have you smoked? 

Was it good? Did you like it? 

would you recommend any types?

in theory hopefully this thread help posters stay away from crappy stuff and go straight for the good stuff and try stuff they never would have thought of before....

so puff puff pass

Only what I grew myself

Cheese - very strong and psychedelic

Bean Stalk - high energy, great for outdoor activities

Blue dream - even keeled, hits hard, then mellows out

Moby Dick - heady, but energetic.  Great for movies etc

CBD+ - no thc, but has an effect, for sure.  Focused, elevated energy.......great for pain relief and inflammation 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, stawns said:

Only what I grew myself

CBD+ - no thc, but has an effect, for sure.  Focused, elevated energy.......great for pain relief and inflammation 

Same here. 

Grew Apricot Kush, Blueberry and Durban Poison this year.

AK packs a dreamy, couch locky stone with a bad case of the munchies. Great for winding down, getting to bed on time.

Blueberry is a fun, mellow stone but what really stands out is the beautiful bouquet and smooth, flavorful smoke. Really love this $&!# anytime of day.

Durban is a pure sativa. The stuff is very racy and energetic. Great for day stones when you want to be high but still need to get a lot done. Do not smoke it after dinner. You'll just pace around looking for something to do.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Only what I grew myself

Then you go on to mention four strains damn ha

i like your balance of the different kind of highs. 

i could on imagine your green house lol drool ha

Have you tried the over counter stuff yet?

or you just like what you grow so no point messing with perfection? 

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Then you go on to mention four strains damn ha

i like your balance of the different kind of highs. 

i could on imagine your green house lol drool ha

Have you tried the over counter stuff yet?

or you just like what you grow so no point messing with perfection? 

nope, I've set foot inside a dispensary once, just to check it out.  I've tried other people's dispensary stuff, and it was ok.  I prefer mine because I know whats in it.........I grow organically, with living soil, so I don't really need to feed my plants........pure and clean.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Same here. 

AK packs a dreamy, couch locky stone with a bad case of the munchies. Great for winding down, getting to bed on time.

Blueberry is a fun, mellow stone but what really stands out is the beautiful bouquet and smooth, flavorful smoke. Really love this $&!# anytime of day.

Durban is a pure sativa. The stuff is very racy and energetic. Great for day stones when you want to be high but still need to get a lot done. Do not smoke it after dinner. You'll just pace around looking for something to do.

landrace, nice

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Same here. 

Yea I agree even the blueberry over the counter is pretty good and when i grew it, it was one of my favorites and kinda nice to be able to compare the difference between a pro and an amerutur and found everything was pretty similar. 

Warning if you buy the 8 dollar pre roll , it's only half the size of a full size joint ha found that out the hard way but it's enough to give the user a decent high. Lol

i wish I could find AK over the counter dang I miss that stuff ha. 

50 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I don't like to smoke so I put the oil in a empty Capsules and just take it like a pill.  That works well for me

I never thought of that. My sister hates the smell of pot but I know it would help her sleep at night cause she hates sleeping pills. 

Thx for the idea I owe yea one , if I can convince her to take it ha

• Cheers 1
10 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I agree but that's why I make my own. Cost you wood chips if you use a smoker and spices and I hunt so my meat costs me a tag and a bullet or if I use my bow Saves me a lil more ha but you can find deals on good beef at times. 

also if you don't have a smoker, the oven if you jar the door open a bit works good too. 

dumb question do you even smoke pot?....

That sounds like it'd be an interesting experience tbh

And nah, I was just being silly :P

• Cheers 1
23 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I never thought of that. My sister hates the smell of pot but I know it would help her sleep at night cause she hates sleeping pills. 

You can order the capsules from Amazon. :)

• Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I do an olive oil infusion for family members who don't smoke. I use it on occasion too.

Put a spoonful on pasta, salad etc, good to go.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay that makes sense nows , I get impatient and go for a hoot to speed the process up , rather then wait until it kicks in. 

The way you do it, it makes more sense then the way I was showed ha ( I should have did research rather then listen to acouple of my stoner cousins ha)

Also have you tried making butter with a slow cooker?

im going to have to start growing again to just try that. Lol 

I haven't used butter but it works, just takes longer, like 6-8hrs, as the temp is lower (~200F), and what you are doing when decarbing is a chemical reaction, which is temperature driven.

Edibles come on slow, it takes like 3hrs to really start feeling it.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, xereau said:

I haven't used butter but it works, just takes longer, like 6-8hrs, as the temp is lower (~200F), and what you are doing when decarbing is a chemical reaction, which is temperature driven.

Yea that's how I use to make butter and it turned out good each time and I like it cause I can leave it and only check on it once in awhile, using the stove kinda worries me cause if pot is out I'm too tempted to smoke it ha but I'm going to try the way you told me, I'm picking up waste and bud from my cuzins in b.c in three weeks, so I'll definitely let you know how it turns out ha. 

Okay I always figured wait an 1:30 but like I said I should have done research like you ha 

thx for explain in simple terms too, I should have started this thread months ago, I'm learning different methods , that sounds a lot better then mine  lol 

Edited by RowdyCanuck
Grammar
37 minutes ago, xereau said:

buy a magical butter machine, it's well worth the $200

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, xereau said:

I grew 2 plants this year, just cuz its legal. Some kind of fat squat indica, determinate on light (not autoflower).

Hide contents

Pictire was taken maybe 4 days before I killed em.

I flushed starved them (no added nutrients) for the last 10 days or so.

Gets rid of most of the sugar in the plant.

o827kmF.jpg

Played around with training and splitting a little, got around 12 tops on one and it was like 5 feet tall.

8 tops on the clone, and each was around 3.5feet tall or so.

Started to flower Aug 25. Killed 'em Oct 31.

I trimmed it and put the flowers, and the sugar leaf trim into trays on a stacked food dehydrator immediately.

After 2 days at the lowest setting, even the biggest colas felt crispy to the touch, but, the stems were still slightly soft.

I put them in 2kg peanut butter jars, with a gasket in each, because you want air tight, and I cured the flowers for 6 weeks.

Burped the jars 3x a day for a week. Smelled green, and hayish.

No mold, the flowers turned nice and sticky after a few weeks.

After 6 weeks they smelled like pineapple cotton candy.

So I tossed them back into the dehydrator and I crisped them up for another day. (read below)

When they were nice and dry, I chopped them up nice and fine with a puck grinder.

I baked it all off (no pun heh), and it's in the freezer now .

Baking it is a process chemical process called decarboxylation (knocks off a CO2) .

Changes the form from an inert one, to one that is psychoactive through digestion.

I like to eat it with a high fat meal, as this is the mechanism you use to deliver it from food to your blood, via the fat absorption pathway.

Decarb Recipe:

Hide contents

Cut your flower or trim up like you are going to roll it up. Nice and small.

*important* Flower should be dry, you don't want moisture, otherwise you are just steaming it. (read below) **

Preheat an oven to 240F with a baking sheet or baking dish inside.

Cover the whole bottom in about 1cm of loosely sprinkled, chopped flower or trim.

**Cover with tinfoil. This is why you want no water in the product. You don't want steam.

We are decarbing the terpenes as well, and making them part of the cocktail.

Terpenes are volatile (will evaporate if you leave it open), but they will condense inside and stick around if you use foil.

Terpenes are part of what make strains strains, and research is showing that they are important as part of an entourage effect of cannabinoid delivery.

Anyways!

Bake for 40mins covered.

After 40mins It should look golden and slightly toasted looking, but not burnt, and not green.

Barcelona-Catalonia-Spain-198-of-1-2.jpg

The edible effect is different than smoking it.  Once you are fully under the effect, it's the same as say 20mins after smoking it, but it comes one way more slowly, and, it lasts longer. (5-10hrs perhaps depending on dose, and your metabolism).

I don't really get paranoid on edibles, even on heroic doses, whereas I've unfortunately had panic attacks after smoking even small amounts.

If I want to just barely be able to feel it I eat 100mg of decarbed flower. (Half a tiny pinner in terms of smoking).

Equiv of like a dispensaries 15mg edible. (15% flower probably, give or take)

If I eat 300mg, it peaks out at what smoking the equivalent small sized joint feels like, only it comes on slower, and lasts longer.

420mg of flower is a pretty nice dose. Equiv of a chunky half gram joint.

I can only attest to what I've learned experimenting with edibles, but that recipe there is 100% efficient delivery of cannabinoids heheh.

I've smoked plenty of pot over the years, but I prefer eating it.

+1 for the use of the term “pinner”

• Haha 1