The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Great Acoustic Versions of Songs

Rate this topic

Rob_Zepp

19 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Rare is the celebrity death that hits me on a personal level, Chester was one of them 

I'm still not over it 

I'm the same actually.   Chris Cornell shocked me and I was sad but with Chester it was like a hit to the chest that knocks your breath out.   I watched that video you posted and found tears just pouring down my cheeks.   It still makes me very emotional.   I liked their music but not my fav but seeing someone so full of life having such an emotionally charged connection with fans through his music who then take his own life a few months later......whew......:sadno:

• Cheers 1
32 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I'm the same actually.   Chris Cornell shocked me and I was sad but with Chester it was like a hit to the chest that knocks your breath out.   I watched that video you posted and found tears just pouring down my cheeks.   It still makes me very emotional.   I liked their music but not my fav but seeing someone so full of life having such an emotionally charged connection with fans through his music who then take his own life a few months later......whew......:sadno:

That's what makes those live clips so tough, he clearly loved his fans and anyone who knows LP fans knows how adored Chester was. The rest of the band was great too, but he was such a massive part of things. 

It still gets to me, I think it probably always will. :( 

• Cheers 1