The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so how often is the #packyour$&!# guy wrong? 

He gets some wrong and some right... he clearly has a lot of sources inside more than one team.  He doesn’t just throw everything at the wall and hopes something sticks.

It is also possible that the ones he gets wrong are because the deal fell through, not that there hadn’t been serious discussions about them.

He is also calling Ennis to Edmonton right now.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Provost said:

It does seem like there are serious talks, and probably bigger than just a prospect for Simmonds.

I hope whoever they are scouting makes a good impression because we need to

improve our defence before the playoffs.

Severson and Simmonds scored today... im just saiyan. :emot-parrot:

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Doesn’t Loui have a Full NTC this year

“Loui, we found you a landing spot that keeps you in the NHL.  Take a flight to Jersey or Utica, your choice.... they are pretty close to each other, but one takes a lot longer as you will be travelling by bus....”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Provost said:

“Loui, we found you a landing spot that keeps you in the NHL.  Take a flight to Jersey or Utica, your choice.... they are pretty close to each other, but one takes a lot longer as you will be travelling by bus....”

Well played. It would just be so much easier if he retired this summer. I can handle the rest of the year. But I just can’t do next year, I just can’t lol

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Stecher, Virtanen, Baertschi, money evening our cap hits

for

Simmonds

Severson

I do that deal :)

Why would NJD give up Severson?   They aren’t looking to tear down based on their comments.  It’s the Canucks looking to dump cap and add Simmonds.  

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

To play Simmonds a F has to come out of the lineup.  Benning seems to also want to create cap for next season re the Juolevi + Baertschi speculation by Friedman.

Is NJD looking for a different add on to take Baertschi or are they looking to swap Simmonds for a roster player.  

Edited by mll

2 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Baertschi and Eriksson for Subban!!!!  Cap neutral deal all around.  I wish!!!

Funny...

I do wonder...

Add Stetcher?

Regardless how one looks at this, acquiring PK Subban would make this team an instant Cup contending team. He is lost in New Jersey. May be a buy low moment for the Canucks.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

.... but Stecher is 25!

The shock the NHL would receive in trading for Subban...

But I have a feeling that when all is said and done and the defensive play tightens, Eriksson will have an excellent playoff run with the Canucks. 

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1