The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning

Rate this topic

aqua59

14 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

You have to hand it to Vcr management they've been extremely patient with Juolevi. That has to end soon, you can't just keep working on the bases of hope. It's a conundrum for JB, what next. I doubt if there are many enquiries for OJ especially with this upcoming Cap Hell for most teams. I can't see many alternatives for management, they threw Hutton under the bus and he actually played in the NHL and indeed still does. It's a head scratcher 

His draft position will add to any trade value, mostly in the States where being a first round pick is more important than actual play, for marketing puroses and those US GM's can make a mistake without a huge media outcry.

"We traded ??? for OJ, a first round fifth overall pick"

As far as cap hell for teams, there are not that many I think because they were positioning themselves for the expansion draft and know that cap space buys high draft picks and very good prospects. Vancouver is a team along with cup contenders that may have a problem, even more because the cup contenders can trade away higher priced vets and add a pick or prospect without really hurting their team of futures, but Vancouver is not in that spot yet, teams are not iining up for 30+ players with high salaries for 4th line duties nor is Vancouver a winning team where it is hard to crack the lineup. Benning has signed FA's ot high salaries and added a clause if they could see lightning and hear thunder. Sure those players have played hard but the team is still bottom third of the league with cup contender cap issues.

IMO Benning is going to trade OJ, Tryamkin, Holander and maybe a couple of Euro prospects to correct his mistakes and add cap room. Maybe a Eriksson AND OJ or Tryamkin to Montreal for a 3rd rnd pick.

Just have to Wait and see, it is a changing hockey world.

Edited by Lazurus

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2020 at 9:14 AM, sassbs said:

Is everyone forgetting what this man has done to this club?  Sure he has made some questionable moves, which GM hasn’t?  
Before he showed up our top prospects were who?  Gaunce and Shinikuruk (sp?). 

Now look at what we have.  So much depth that trading madden wasn’t an issue.  Granted he came in 2014... and it’s been slightly over 5 years but during those 5 years he has made this club into an exciting dynamic team. 

I love what Benning has done!   It’s the rest of the staff that needs to piss off!  Including green/pp/pk coaches.   

Some questionable moves?

Loui Eriksson

Jay Beagle

Antoine Roussel

Brandon Sutter

Tyler Myers could be another one

The Sven Baertschi fiasco

Jordi Benn

Hiring Willie Desjardins

Drafting Olli Juolevi over Matthew Tkachuk 

Letting Judd Bracket go

This offseason could and, probably will, bring more questions and angst toward this regime.

Stay tuned. This sh*tshow isn't over.

Our core should be a lot younger than it is.

TSN radio said that when your 4th line could cost up to 10 mil. in cap space, you know you're in trouble. 

I believe they are, absolutely, right.

While I do agree that he has done some good (a lot of which can be attributed to his scouts), imo, he's done more damage.

There is no way that Vancouver should have as many 30+ year old players as it does. 

How much of this is on JB and how much is on ownership is debatable but, JB is the shoulder that all this lies on and, therefore, fair or not, is where the responsibility is placed and, imo, is more than reason enough to start calling for a change at the helm.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

Some questionable moves?

Loui Eriksson

Jay Beagle

Antoine Roussel

Brandon Sutter

Jordi Benn

Hiring Willie Desjardins

Letting Judd Bracket go

This offseason could and, probably will, bring more questions and angst toward this regime.

TSN radio said that when your 4th line could cost up to 10 mil. in cap space, you know you're in trouble. 

While I do agree that he has done some good (a lot of which can be attributed to his scouts), imo, he's done more damage.

There is no way that Vancouver should have as many 30+ year old players as it does. 

How much of this is on JB and how much is on ownership is debatable but, JB is the shoulder that all this lies on and, therefore, fair or not, is where the responsibility is placed and, imo, is more than reason enough to start calling for a change at the helm.

jim benning has been around the sport intimately his entire life and knows that you have to let young players be young players. if you put the burden of responsibility on them before they're ready, the pressure cripples them and you have a losing edmonton culture in no time. do you want to have to try 4 different rebuilds with 10 (or whatever) lottery picks, false start after false start, disappointment after disappointment, or do you want to establish a sustainable culture of winning standards and expectations?

throwing the kids to the wolves is dumb as hell. 

has every insulating veteran that benning's acquired worked out exactly as hoped? not even close. but how many sam gagners, jordan eberles, taylor halls, ryan nugent hopkinses, matt duchenes, sam reinharts, etc. have they churned through on his watch? how many top end players have they burned out by age 25?

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 3

14 hours ago, tas said:

jim benning has been around the sport intimately his entire life and knows that you have to let young players be young players. if you put the burden of responsibility on them before they're ready, the pressure cripples them and you have a losing edmonton culture in no time. do you want to have to try 4 different rebuilds with 10 (or whatever) lottery picks, false start after false start, disappointment after disappointment, or do you want to establish a sustainable culture of winning standards and expectations?

throwing the kids to the wolves is dumb as hell. 

has every insulating veteran that benning's acquired worked out exactly as hoped? not even close. but how many sam gagners, jordan eberles, taylor halls, ryan nugent hopkinses, matt duchenes, sam reinharts, etc. have they churned through on his watch? how many top end players have they burned out by age 25?

Thanks for reminding me.

I forgot to add Gagne to my list.

• Haha 2

On 7/17/2020 at 6:55 PM, komodo0921 said:

Some questionable moves?

Loui Eriksson

Jay Beagle

Antoine Roussel

Brandon Sutter

Jordi Benn

Hiring Willie Desjardins

Letting Judd Bracket go

Every single placeholder will be done in two years, many will be done next year.   If he’s guilty of anything all it is was the timing of when the youth would be ready to start taking this team over (one year wrong).   Still have to ice an NHL team...can’t ruin every prospect by playing them at 18 and to his credit after trying that once with JV every other top ranked guy was developed properly.   OJ  was a mistake - should have went for a different defenseman.   MT would have been great but then the trickle down might mean no EP and most definitely no QHs so I can live with that.   Plus he still might make it (doubtful as an Edler replacement but factually if he wasn’t injured he’d be right on track to join around the same time Edler did - some bad luck there for sure injuries wise).   

Think JB has done enough to deserve some time to see this through and to see what he can do with a better team (which under his watch has been created).    Ahead of schedule.    Just read an article how his team is ahead of schedule written by an Eastern Biased source.    We just have accept and expect a hard year and that we can’t afford certain luxuries yet (TT).   We will in the near future though.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Given the climate and flat cap, I hope player agents and JB can work things out so we keep the more important pieces to our team:

Marky - 5.5M 

TT - 5.5M
Tanev - 4.5M

These above contacts total 15.5M, there is about 1M more available to wiggle a tiny bit more. 

Jake - traded for picks/prospects

Stetcher - walks (bring in a rookie on ELC)

51 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Given the climate and flat cap, I hope player agents and JB can work things out so we keep the more important pieces to our team:

Marky - 5.5M 

TT - 5.5M
Tanev - 4.5M

These above contacts total 15.5M, there is about 1M more available to wiggle a tiny bit more. 

There is still the bonus overage of 1.7 million to be subtracted from next year's cap.  You haven't taken into account if we re-sign Motte, Gaudette or MacEwen.

I think between Motte, Gaudette and MacEwen, we are looking at about 4-4.5 million. I think Jake will get around 2.5. Add in the "rookie" to replace Stecher, it would be cheapest 700k in Rafferty and need an extra dman, Brisebois is cheapest at 700k. So for math sake, say 10 million including the bonus overage. That leaves 7 million. Buying out Sutter saves us 2.3 million in cap space (it adds 1.2 million for the following season, so ideally we trade him with 50% retention, but I'm going on the assumption that trades will be difficult and doing what we can in our control). Now we are at 9.3 in cap space. Say Marky gets 5.5 and Tanev does 4.5, that's 10 million.

So we need to still save another 700k on a 22 man roster that I have right now. Depends if Ferland (or another player) is an LTIR candidate when the season starts). We could paper down a player that doesn't require waivers and put the player on LTIR to start the year and call someone up. Now we don't know if this is a possibility, so can't bank on it. If we could get Motte, Gaudette, MacEwen down to the 4 million mark and Jake closer to the 2 million mark, then we could squeeze in this roster. So we probably still need to trade Roussel (or in worst case, buy him out) or move Benn if we want to hit a 23 man roster adding a couple of prospects to the lineup. I can't see us fitting in Toffoli either way unless LE retires or his full cap comes off the books. I don't see us keeping Toffoli over Tanev as the defense would take a massive downgrade.

Of course there are scenarios that we trade Virtanen and tag him with a cap dump, but this is where I currently see things without drastic moves.

Miller - EP - Boeser

Pearson - Bo - Virtanen

Ferland - Gaudette - MacEwen

Roussel (Lind/Hoglander/Jasek/Michaelis) - Beagle - Motte

Eriksson

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Rafferty

Brisebois - (Sautner/Rathbone/Juolevi/Chatfield)

Markstrom

Demko

Edited by theo5789
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

There is still the bonus overage of 1.7 million to be subtracted from next year's cap.  You haven't taken into account if we re-sign Motte, Gaudette or MacEwen.

I think between Motte, Gaudette and MacEwen, we are looking at about 4-4.5 million. I think Jake will get around 2.5. Add in the "rookie" to replace Stecher, it would be cheapest 700k in Rafferty and need an extra dman, Brisebois is cheapest at 700k. So for math sake, say 10 million including the bonus overage. That leaves 7 million. Buying out Sutter saves us 2.3 million in cap space (it adds 1.2 million for the following season, so ideally we trade him with 50% retention, but I'm going on the assumption that trades will be difficult and doing what we can in our control). Now we are at 9.3 in cap space. Say Marky gets 5.5 and Tanev does 4.5, that's 10 million.

So we need to still save another 700k on a 22 man roster that I have right now. Depends if Ferland (or another player) is an LTIR candidate when the season starts). We could paper down a player that doesn't require waivers and put the player on LTIR to start the year and call someone up. Now we don't know if this is a possibility, so can't bank on it. If we could get Motte, Gaudette, MacEwen down to the 4 million mark and Jake closer to the 2 million mark, then we could squeeze in this roster. So we probably still need to trade Roussel (or in worst case, buy him out) or move Benn if we want to hit a 23 man roster adding a couple of prospects to the lineup. I can't see us fitting in Toffoli either way unless LE retires or his full cap comes off the books. I don't see us keeping Toffoli over Tanev as the defense would take a massive downgrade.

Of course there are scenarios that we trade Virtanen and tag him with a cap dump, but this is where I currently see things without drastic moves.

Miller - EP - Boeser

Pearson - Bo - Virtanen

Roussel (Lind/Hoglander/Jasek/Michaelis) - Beagle - Motte

Eriksson

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Rafferty

Brisebois - (Sautner/Rathbone/Juolevi/Chatfield)

Markstrom

Demko

Been saying this for awhile, trading Roussel is the (unfortunate) cost to retain Toffoli.

58 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Been saying this for awhile, trading Roussel is the (unfortunate) cost to retain Toffoli.

I don't see it. I have trading Roussel simply to fit in a 23 man roster. I don't see any way of fitting Toffoli unless we rid of Eriksson's contract or don't opt to sign Tanev/add a top 4 RD (most of which will cost around Tanev dollars anyway) or don't sign Marky. It'll take a lot of favourable things to happen to retain Toffoli IMO.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I don't see it. I have trading Roussel simply to fit in a 23 man roster. I don't see any way of fitting Toffoli unless we rid of Eriksson's contract or don't opt to sign Tanev/add a top 4 RD (most of which will cost around Tanev dollars anyway) or don't sign Marky. It'll take a lot of favourable things to happen to retain Toffoli IMO.

Move Benn, buyout/retain on Sven...

What are you figuring for the Motte/MacEwan/Gaudette contracts?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Move Benn, buyout/retain on Sven...

What are you figuring for the Motte/MacEwan/Gaudette contracts?

I'm going under the assumption that it's not simple to move out contracts in this current cap world. If we can move Benn, great, but we also will need to get a Fantenberg type cheap contract signed unless we are going with a whole whack of youth in the bottom pair/extra spots. Buying out/retaining on Sven really only saves us about 500k on top of what it would save to just send him down while adding 800k next season. I didn't think it was advantageous enough to bother. Best bet for us with him if he somehow agrees to mutually terminate his contract which I doubt he will. If we can find a team willing to take him on with 50% retained, then that would be a quick way to save 500k of cap next season.

I have MacEwen at 1 million, Motte at 1.25 and Gaudette on a short 2 year bridge of 1.75 to total around 4 million. This is the lowest I think we can get with these guys.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I think packaging a young 20 goal scorer in Jake plus a second and Loui Eriksson for a low cost player or prospect could work. JB has some options. It’s not all doom and gloom for next year. He could fit all of Marky, Tanev and TT for new extensions.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I think packaging a young 20 goal scorer in Jake plus a second and Loui Eriksson for a low cost player or prospect could work. JB has some options. It’s not all doom and gloom for next year. He could fit all of Marky, Tanev and TT for new extensions.

I don't consider the roster I put up as doom and gloom at all. I don't see us not being able to keep Toffoli as such a tragic thing as others are seeing, that's all.

Have to consider that to retain Toffoli (who's career numbers are really just a good 2nd liner), we are giving up Jake + 2nd + Madden + 2nd + Eriksson. Or we can keep the productively trending up young forward in Virtanen instead and give him an opportunity at a bigger role (along with others like MacEwen, Lind who's progressing nicely, soon Podkolzin, etc) plus keep our 2nd rounder. The price we paid for a Toffoli rental, I think is fair considering the goal was to make the playoffs and hopefully we get there this year. I don't see why we should double down on it and put more cap in a position (wing) where we have an abundance of youthful depth coming up. Players like Roussel and Ferland could also play on the right side if needed. I'm fine retaining Toffoli as a luxury if Eriksson for some reason chooses to retire, but that's about the only way it's worth keeping him at this point. We have to remember our offense was fine even before acquiring Toffoli, it was inconsistent, but we were blowing teams out of the water too.

For discussion sake, if we did this deal and signed Toffoli for 5 million and followed up as I wrote above, I'm not sure if we can still fit it all in. So 15 million for the 3 big UFAs, 4 million at best for Motte, Gaudette and MacEwen, plus 1.7 million overages. Add in Rafferty, Brisebois plus a couple more prospects/cheap depth for a 23 man roster for another 3 million or so. Total 23.7 million added. Need to clear about 7 million in cap. Buying out or 50% retained on Sutter saves 2.3ish of cap. Assuming we can trade Roussel at full cap is 3 million. Assuming we trade Benn at full cap is 2 million. Need to replace those two with bodies, so really only saving 3.5 of cap between them. Trading/buyout Baertschi saves 500k. Still 700k or so short, so can start with a 22 man roster instead I suppose. Still requires a lot to go right.

Miller - EP - Toffoli

Pearson - Bo - Boeser

Motte - Beagle - Lind

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Juolevi - Rafferty

Brisebois - Sautner/cheap vet depth like Fantenberg

Markstrom

Demko

Utica is ravaged though. Especially if Hoglander chooses to go back to Sweden instead. I think the lineup I posted earlier is much more attainable and likely gets similar results as this lineup anyway. The measures we need to take just to retain Toffoli putting more strain on the cap at wing just doesn't appeal to me as much, but that's just my opinion.

• Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I don't consider the roster I put up as doom and gloom at all. I don't see us not being able to keep Toffoli as such a tragic thing as others are seeing, that's all.

Have to consider that to retain Toffoli (who's career numbers are really just a good 2nd liner), we are giving up Jake + 2nd + Madden + 2nd + Eriksson. Or we can keep the productively trending up young forward in Virtanen instead and give him an opportunity at a bigger role (along with others like MacEwen, Lind who's progressing nicely, soon Podkolzin, etc) plus keep our 2nd rounder. The price we paid for a Toffoli rental, I think is fair considering the goal was to make the playoffs and hopefully we get there this year. I don't see why we should double down on it and put more cap in a position (wing) where we have an abundance of youthful depth coming up. Players like Roussel and Ferland could also play on the right side if needed. I'm fine retaining Toffoli as a luxury if Eriksson for some reason chooses to retire, but that's about the only way it's worth keeping him at this point. We have to remember our offense was fine even before acquiring Toffoli, it was inconsistent, but we were blowing teams out of the water too.

For discussion sake, if we did this deal and signed Toffoli for 5 million and followed up as I wrote above, I'm not sure if we can still fit it all in. So 15 million for the 3 big UFAs, 4 million at best for Motte, Gaudette and MacEwen, plus 1.7 million overages. Add in Rafferty, Brisebois plus a couple more prospects/cheap depth for a 23 man roster for another 3 million or so. Total 23.7 million added. Need to clear about 7 million in cap. Buying out or 50% retained on Sutter saves 2.3ish of cap. Assuming we can trade Roussel at full cap is 3 million. Assuming we trade Benn at full cap is 2 million. Need to replace those two with bodies, so really only saving 3.5 of cap between them. Trading/buyout Baertschi saves 500k. Still 700k or so short, so can start with a 22 man roster instead I suppose. Still requires a lot to go right.

Miller - EP - Toffoli

Pearson - Bo - Boeser

Motte - Beagle - Lind

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Juolevi - Rafferty

Brisebois - Sautner/cheap vet depth like Fantenberg

Markstrom

Demko

Utica is ravaged though. Especially if Hoglander chooses to go back to Sweden instead. I think the lineup I posted earlier is much more attainable and likely gets similar results as this lineup anyway. The measures we need to take just to retain Toffoli putting more strain on the cap at wing just doesn't appeal to me as much, but that's just my opinion.

I like this lineup. People don’t realize what TT offers. He is not just gifted offensively but he is defensively reliable and goes into all the dirty areas needed to score those big goals. I think the “double down” is well worth it and we get rid of Eriksson. Jake and a second  is a good carrot to dangle for that cap dump. 

5 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Marky - 5.5M 

TT - 5.5M
Tanev - 4.5M

As had already been pointed out that won’t work.   If TT gets signed we will need to trade Pearson as a minimum- I could live with that as he’s a modest upgrade.  Plus either Bear, Roussel or Sutter.   I also wonder given the flat cap what TT would actually get in the free market.  Why should he make more then Neal for example.   He’s never been a first line guy.   Personally I’d be shocked if he gets five at this point, even on a one year deal.  People have to stop looking at what he did the first 5-6 games and look at his career averages.   Three seasons at over 40 points and one year with 31 goals (3 with over 20).   How on earth does that make him a 5 x 5 guy even without Covid?   With Covid and a flat cap I doubt anyone is going that high. Better off going after Hoffman or Dadanov at that price. 

Remember last year Gardiner was supposed to make 6-7... turns out nobody wanted him and he settled at 4 x 4.  Also feel Tanev is in the same boat.  Nobody wants a vet who can’t stay healthy - bet in the open market like Gardiner he’d have a hard time finding suitors for any sort of long term deal.    Part of me wishes we’d just let all of these guys go to market and then come back with their tails between their legs - because if they read the CDC their heads would be way too inflated.   See Markstrom 5 x 4, Tanev 4 x 1 or at most flat cap x 1 and TT 4.25 x 4 at best.  

In other words the CDC for the most part is grossly over estimating these guys value.   Before and after Covid.   Tanev I doubt would get a deal over 4 anywhere else.  Markstrom is the only one that MIGHT be in a position to cash in but GMs would be wary given the small sample size and his age.  Maybe he could swing a 5 x 5 deal somewhere at best.   TT?  To me he’s like Silverberg was - useful and a playoff plus / but not a first line guy.   Capable for sure - hot and cold too.   He could just as easily become another Sutter or LE type as a good signing.   There I said it.  Beware what you wish for. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I like this lineup. People don’t realize what TT offers. He is not just gifted offensively but he is defensively reliable and goes into all the dirty areas needed to score those big goals. I think the “double down” is well worth it and we get rid of Eriksson. Jake and a second  is a good carrot to dangle for that cap dump. 

I don't mind the lineup and can accept the trade, but it requires finding takers for Roussel and Benn at full cap. One cap dump is hard enough, you're looking at supposedly 3 on top of two buyouts (or more cap dumps) just to barely squeeze in that roster. It also ends up using up a lot of the depth we have, so if we run into any injury issues, it's going to be a tough ride. Plus we give up a 2nd and Jake to accomplish it. Too much going on just to fit him in IMO for an offense that looked good prior to him arriving, even if a bit inconsistent (could improve here with more experience added).

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I don't mind the lineup and can accept the trade, but it requires finding takers for Roussel and Benn at full cap. One cap dump is hard enough, you're looking at supposedly 3 on top of two buyouts (or more cap dumps) just to barely squeeze in that roster. It also ends up using up a lot of the depth we have, so if we run into any injury issues, it's going to be a tough ride. Plus we give up a 2nd and Jake to accomplish it. Too much going on just to fit him in IMO for an offense that looked good prior to him arriving, even if a bit inconsistent (could improve here with more experience added).

You were much nicer then I was - agreed it’s not that easy.   Make a spreadsheet folks.   Once you include everything these guys would have to sign at discounts bigger then I think are fair market value (see above) which is a lot less then some think already.   

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, IBatch said:

As had already been pointed out that won’t work.   If TT gets signed we will need to trade Pearson as a minimum- I could live with that as he’s a modest upgrade.  Plus either Bear, Roussel or Sutter.   I also wonder given the flat cap what TT would actually get in the free market.  Why should he make more then Neal for example.   He’s never been a first line guy.   Personally I’d be shocked if he gets five at this point, even on a one year deal.  People have to stop looking at what he did the first 5-6 games and look at his career averages.   Three seasons at over 40 points and one year with 31 goals (3 with over 20).   How on earth does that make him a 5 x 5 guy even without Covid?   With Covid and a flat cap I doubt anyone is going that high. Better off going after Hoffman or Dadanov at that price. 

Remember last year Gardiner was supposed to make 6-7... turns out nobody wanted him and he settled at 4 x 4.  Also feel Tanev is in the same boat.  Nobody wants a vet who can’t stay healthy - bet in the open market like Gardiner he’d have a hard time finding suitors for any sort of long term deal.    Part of me wishes we’d just let all of these guys go to market and then come back with their tails between their legs - because if they read the CDC their heads would be way too inflated.   See Markstrom 5 x 4, Tanev 4 x 1 or at most flat cap x 1 and TT 4.25 x 4 at best.  

In other words the CDC for the most part is grossly over estimating these guys value.   Before and after Covid.   Tanev I doubt would get a deal over 4 anywhere else.  Markstrom is the only one that MIGHT be in a position to cash in but GMs would be wary given the small sample size and his age.  Maybe he could swing a 5 x 5 deal somewhere at best.   TT?  To me he’s like Silverberg was - useful and a playoff plus / but not a first line guy.   Capable for sure - hot and cold too.   He could just as easily become another Sutter or LE type as a good signing.   There I said it.  Beware what you wish for. 

I agree that the CDC always tends to over value Canucks in line for newer contracts. Seen it a lot in too many posts. Marky isn’t going to cash in too much. Every team by now has been bitten by high priced goalie cap hits at one time or another in this new salary cap world. 

TT had shown he had incredible skills in the 10 game sample that he was here. I have Kings fan friends who can’t stop talking about how good he really is. The guy is very capable of fitting in on a first line IMO. He is also younger than LE so a new contract could be less risky in comparison.

Edited by grandmaster
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I agree there is a lot of moving parts to fit this scenario through but if it means having a formidable top 6 like this, JB is sure to give it a try. 

As for depth, we have plenty of kids in the minors that need to start showing what they got. As you know, these guys are ELC with min cap hits.

27 minutes ago, IBatch said:

You were much nicer then I was - agreed it’s not that easy.   Make a spreadsheet folks.   Once you include everything these guys would have to sign at discounts bigger then I think are fair market value (see above) which is a lot less then some think already.   

Never said it was easy. Where there is a will, often there is a way.

• Cheers 1