The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll admit that I change my mind all the time, and there is absolutely nothing bad about it.

I learn new things about these prospects every day, whether it be through research or reports etc. Is it a bad thing to be indecisive about what prospect you want to draft? Not at all.

Agreed. I had no prediction. I had a 'list' of 3 .

Ehlers , Nylander and Ritchie

Now its Nylander, Ehlers, Ritchie.

I dare to be different. Big SWITCH :P

Buttons final rankings has us taking Ehlers at 6..Ritchie dropping down to 16...bit of a joke..hope we can grab him as well...Virtanen at 43...WTF???

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

What I love about Button's rankings is that he doesn't at all base them off consensus picks. These are HIS rankings.

It's such a seductive mentality for those who closely follow the draft to think that any rankings that aren't close to the consensus picks on sites like TSN are completely out of the ordinary. Different teams look for different things. Remember the 2010 draft rankings that the Canucks accidentally released?? http://canucksarmy.com/2013/6/24/did-the-canucks-post-their-2010-draft-board. Most teams, if not all teams draft rankings are completely different from the consensus picks.

People for some weird reason have just learned to perceive rankings that don't match consensus picks as "idiotic", unless it's something completely asinine, like passing up on Girgensons, Hertl and Maatta to trade down and draft Weisbrod's boy Jankowski (but then again, that's all hindsight).

Yes, most of us would agree that Craig Button is an annoying, arrogant douche who looks like the mayor from Whoville, but he knows a hell of a lot more than any of you do. It's like Pierre McGuire. He's annoying, but you would have to be very ignorant to say that he doesn't have a very high hockey IQ.

Hows this for a scenerio....we take Ehlers at 6..trade for a low 1st and take Ritchie and Virtanen falls to us at 36 with his shoulder surgery?

Ehlers

Ritchie

Virtanen

that would satisfy a lot of people...me included.

IMHO we would win the draft if we pulled that off.

What I love about Button's rankings is that he doesn't at all base them off consensus picks. These are HIS rankings.

It's such a seductive mentality for those who closely follow the draft to think that any rankings that aren't close to the consensus picks on sites like TSN are completely out of the ordinary. Different teams look for different things. Remember the 2010 draft rankings that the Canucks accidentally released?? http://canucksarmy.com/2013/6/24/did-the-canucks-post-their-2010-draft-board. Most teams, if not all teams draft rankings are completely different from the consensus picks.

People for some weird reason have just learned to perceive rankings that don't match consensus picks as "idiotic", unless it's something completely asinine, like passing up on Girgensons, Hertl and Maatta to trade down and draft Weisbrod's boy Jankowski (but then again, that's all hindsight).

Yes, most of us would agree that Craig Button is an annoying, arrogant douche who looks like the mayor from Whoville, but he knows a hell of a lot more than any of you do. It's like Pierre McGuire. He's annoying, but you would have to be very ignorant to say that he doesn't have a very high hockey IQ.

agreed,,but as far as McGuire goes ..according to Pat Verbeek he was totally hated and tuned out as the Whalers coach and fired shortly after..personally I think Pierre would be a good GM....not a coach.

agreed,,but as far as McGuire goes ..according to Pat Verbeek he was totally hated and tuned out as the Whalers coach and fired shortly after..personally I thin Pierre would be a good GM....not a coach.

That's the point though.

He is a terrible communicator, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't know a lot. All this means is that he's not meant to be a coach. He still knows a damn lot about the game though.

How does Travis Sanheim go up to 8 from 32 just because of late success from him?

I have Ehlers above Dal Colle, Ehlers has more offensive skill and doesn't play with Drouin, Dal Colle plays on a line with 2 draftees in Cassels and Laughton. Dal Colle is a great player but Ehlers is individually a better hockey player.

How does Travis Sanheim go up to 8 from 32 just because of late success from him?

I have Ehlers above Dal Colle, Ehlers has more offensive skill and doesn't play with Drouin, Dal Colle plays on a line with 2 draftees in Cassels and Laughton. Dal Colle is a great player but Ehlers is individually a better hockey player.

Craig button is a meatstick, that is all.

Here's his latest rankings for those concerned:

I don't like Nylander at 6th. But Craig Button is an absolute idiot how can anyone take him seriously. In his new rankings (updated today) he has Travis Sanheim before Nylander.

I do agree with his assessment of Kempe, he is a top 3 European skater and could turn out to be the best European NHLer in this draft.

you know Craig Button is a dumb ass when he has Virtanen at 43 on june 3rd what planet is he on.

Dat feel when Ritchie can bench Nylander, but Nylander can't bench cookies.

Thinking last episode of Game of Thrones: Big guy is dumb and slow, small guy is cocky and fast. But big guy gruesomely crushes small guy's skull. Whoops.

Not Ritchie though. Tuch.

And if we pass on Brendan Lemieux if available in round 2 somebody should hang.

Archived