The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

12 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Refund ... lots of it.  

How can Jones be that stupid?  What a friggin idiot.  Last time it was cocaine ... ban this dumbass, he's going to end up as a broke homeless bum.  

Jumping the gun a bit.  Disappointing for sure though, gotta see what he got flagged for.  People always assume "steroids or along those lines" when they hear someone gets flagged.  Could very well be a banned ingredient in something.

Sharapova got banned for taking a substance that was not banned for so many years and just got banned a year ago.  Yet that thing isn't banned in the NHL.  No excuses but the banned list is always changing.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JV77 said:

Jumping the gun a bit.  Disappointing for sure though, gotta see what he got flagged for.  People always assume "steroids or along those lines" when they hear someone gets flagged.  Could very well be a banned ingredient in something.

Sharapova got banned for taking a substance that was not banned for so many years and just got banned a year ago.  Yet that thing isn't banned in the NHL.  No excuses but the banned list is always changing.

Probably got baked after training a session with some of his 'crew'

11 hours ago, JV77 said:

Totally agree.

I would consider myself someone who really dislikes Jones.

I watched his press conference today and I believe him to be sincere and from that I have doubt his "apparent" ped flag was intentional.

4 hours ago, Cowichan Canuck said:

Totally agree.

I would consider myself someone who really dislikes Jones.

I watched his press conference today and I believe him to be sincere and from that I have doubt his "apparent" ped flag was intentional.

Yeah he never failed before, nor does he need to take PED's, he is that good and gifted.  Cormier definitely loses a lot, but Jones does and probably more.  No reason he would intentionally try to ruin this fight.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Yeah he never failed before, nor does he need to take PED's, he is that good and gifted.  Cormier definitely loses a lot, but Jones does and probably more.  No reason he would intentionally try to ruin this fight.

What someone needs to do and what someone wants to do can be very different things. Jones is, IMO, the most talented fighter the UFC has ever seen. But, I also don't think the UFC has ever seen someone with this much talent that is also a complete idiot with serious personality problems.

Just because he doesn't need them, doesn't mean he didn't take them any way.