The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

17 hours ago, zzbottom said:

Also, UFC needs to force Diego Sanchez into retirement. I believe he's the last of the original Ultimate Fighters. But he had no business being in that cage and is perma punch drunk as hell. 

tumblr_kzsbqiaYBU1qafdxeo1_500.gif

Sanchez is only 34 and he won his fight last fight at UFC 196. 

He just isn't the sharpest tool the shed, but by no means should retire. 

Edited by RRypien37

1 hour ago, MayRayDown said:

How was Nune-Tate a hump fest? Only reason it went to the ground was because Tate just went down after not being able to continue to stand vs Nune or she would have been dropped or the referee would have stopped it.

Also Lesnar was never going to go toe to toe vs Hunt. You fight to someone's weakness not their strengths, Brock is a great wrestler, Hunt can't win a fight that goes to the ground.

DC was the only boring fight, but to be honest I knew it was going to be boring since Silva didn't have a chance in that fight

I didn't see that Tate fight since I left the bar, heard it was good.

2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Sanchez is only 34 and he won his fight last fight at UFC 196. 

He just isn't the sharpest tool the shed, but by no means should retire. 

Age has nothing to do with anything in MMA. Sanchez is 5-7 since 09 and he coasts off being an original Ultimate Fighter. All of the original UF guys have been put to bed because when they lose, it's frightening for their long-term future when they lose. Josh Koscheck looked like he was dying in his last UFC fight. Sanchez looks so punch drunk and I am a fan but I think he's years beyond his time. What's truly sad is that after the UFC finally releases him he will go to Bellator and continue to destroy his post-career by fighting for paydays. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, zzbottom said:

Age has nothing to do with anything in MMA. Sanchez is 5-7 since 09 and he coasts off being an original Ultimate Fighter. All of the original UF guys have been put to bed because when they lose, it's frightening for their long-term future when they lose. Josh Koscheck looked like he was dying in his last UFC fight. Sanchez looks so punch drunk and I am a fan but I think he's years beyond his time. What's truly sad is that after the UFC finally releases him he will go to Bellator and continue to destroy his post-career by fighting for paydays. 

Perhaps you're right. I haven't watched him closely. Just remember he used to be 185 back in his TUF days, crazy difference in his face and body. 

8 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

WME-IMG have largest stake in UFC and operating control.

Annoucement supposed to made in the AM...this probably makes it a lot easier for Lesnar to bounce back and forth from the UFC-WME and allow him to carry out his comeback. 

Fixed that for you. :P

Not WWE my friend - although I sure as hell wish Shane O Mac had it.

Edited by Chris
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

The UFC has been notified of a potential anti-doping violation by Brock Lesnar, stemming from June 28.

Don't really care anymore. Let them all get roided up and fight. Those fights would be amazing. Juice em up!

And yet Jones gets pulled.

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Take it with a grain of salt,before concrete proof is declared and proven,after all it's those jokers WADA that is making the claim.The same pathetic organization that did the same to Sakho (defenceman)Liverpool fc He missed 2 important European Cup Finals through this including some end of season games,THEY then didn't even show up at the Court case,let alone enter any evidence,the Judge in his wisdom threw out the case just last week.These organizations are a fecking joke

Edited by fagin

3 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

The UFC has been notified of a potential anti-doping violation by Brock Lesnar, stemming from June 28.

Don't really care anymore. Let them all get roided up and fight. Those fights would be amazing. Juice em up!!!

Lesnar submitted to 3 other tests during June and all were passed,so boggles one's mind,but for more read my post above,please.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Lesner's results didn't come in until a few days after UFC 200 was over.  Jones's results came in a few days before UFC 200.  You can't pull someone after the fight is over.

40 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

It's getting pathetic ... MMA is a joke in terms of keeping athletes clean.  Seems like you're the exception if you DON'T juice.  

It would be a joke if these athletes were getting away with it.  Obviously they aren't anymore.

The way that you clean up a sport is to test the athletes over and over again.  Since Lesner received a waiver on the 4-month out of retirement waiting period, USADA was testing him every few days so that if he juiced he would get caught if there was even the slightest mistake on the dosing of whatever substance he was taking.

USADA doesn't play around.  That's why the UFC just recently started having them do the testing.  They are putting up some serious cash these days in order to clean up the sport.