The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

1 hour ago, Isam said:

Never mind he popped using some gold star. I'd figure he probably bought it from gnc, but it doesn't excuse him from not researching the company.

The substance wasn't listed on the bottle because it wasn't supposed to be in there!  It was a contaminated supplement.  USADA tested a separate unopened bottle on their own and it was tainted.

52 minutes ago, JV77 said:

The substance wasn't listed on the bottle because it wasn't supposed to be in there!  It was a contaminated supplement.  USADA tested a separate unopened bottle on their own and it was tainted.

Usada is gonna nail you even if you dont know thats why fighters have to do their own research or get get usada or wada approved supps. I agree thatit is kind bs but thems the roles for everyone. 

21 minutes ago, Isam said:

Usada is gonna nail you even if you dont know thats why fighters have to do their own research or get get usada or wada approved supps. I agree thatit is kind bs but thems the roles for everyone. 

I know that, which is why he still got a 6 month suspension.  Even though that makes no sense.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

So the UFC announces that RDA and Colby Covington are going to fight for the interim welterweight title.  Then soon after they announce a fight between Darren Till and Stephen Thompson.  You'd think that if Till can beat stop Thompson, something that Woodley couldn't do, then Till would be next in line for the title shot.  But the interim title holder gets first crack at the title.  Interesting....  :blink:

16 hours ago, Bocivus said:

So the UFC announces that RDA and Colby Covington are going to fight for the interim welterweight title.  Then soon after they announce a fight between Darren Till and Stephen Thompson.  You'd think that if Till can beat stop Thompson, something that Woodley couldn't do, then Till would be next in line for the title shot.  But the interim title holder gets first crack at the title.  Interesting....  :blink:

Neither of those fights have officially been confirmed yet. 

Till and Thompson was rumored for months now with reports coming out that Thompson's dad shot down the offer from Till's camp. 

Edited by RRypien37

I was reading yesterday that it was all but a done deal but it wouldn't surprise me if Thompson's dad shot it down.  Wouldn't be the first time he's done that.

BREAKING! PER SOURCES STEPHEN THOMPSON ANSWERS THE CALL! “WONDERBOY” IS SET TO FIGHT DARREN TILL IN THE MAIN EVENT OF #UFCLIVERPOOL

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/stephen-thompson/breaking-stephen-thompson-vs-darren-till-set-to-headline-ufc-liverpool/

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:31 AM, Down by the River said:

Can't see things going very well for Max Holloway on Saturday. 

Agreed.  He's probably going to get mauled.  But then again, anything can happen. 

Lot of respect for Max though for stepping up on 6 days notice to defend the belt.  Not many champs, past or present, would do that.

1 hour ago, Bocivus said:

Agreed.  He's probably going to get mauled.  But then again, anything can happen. 

Lot of respect for Max though for stepping up on 6 days notice to defend the belt.  Not many champs, past or present, would do that.

At least its against more of a grappler than a heavy hitter. As you said, Max is likely to get mauled. Hopefully they have a real ref like Big John or Herb Dean and not Mario Yamasaki to step in and recognize when it needs to end otherwise Max is going to take unnecessary damage.

That said, I'll certainly be rooting for Max even though my $ is on Khabib. 

15 hours ago, Down by the River said:

At least its against more of a grappler than a heavy hitter. As you said, Max is likely to get mauled. Hopefully they have a real ref like Big John or Herb Dean and not Mario Yamasaki to step in and recognize when it needs to end otherwise Max is going to take unnecessary damage.

That said, I'll certainly be rooting for Max even though my $ is on Khabib. 

Yamasaki should stick to making hearts with his hands and leave the reffing to the pros.  Big John is commentating for Bellator now so I'm not even sure if he's reffing anymore these days.  I can't recall exactly which fights but Herb had me shaking my head a few times within the last year.

I usually like Josh Rosenthal and Marc Goddard too.  If I ever see Mazzagatti in the cage again.... 

Interesting how Dana said he guarantees Connor will be back in 2018.  Then said when asked about what happens with the winner of Khabib/Max, he said "We'll see how things play out and go from there".  I'm thinking Dana doesn't want Connor to fight Khabib but will let him fight Max in a rematch if he wins.  After all, Connor is still the official 155lb champ till Saturday night.  It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

7 hours ago, Bocivus said:

Yamasaki should stick to making hearts with his hands and leave the reffing to the pros.  Big John is commentating for Bellator now so I'm not even sure if he's reffing anymore these days.  I can't recall exactly which fights but Herb had me shaking my head a few times within the last year.

I usually like Josh Rosenthal and Marc Goddard too.  If I ever see Mazzagatti in the cage again.... 

Interesting how Dana said he guarantees Connor will be back in 2018.  Then said when asked about what happens with the winner of Khabib/Max, he said "We'll see how things play out and go from there".  I'm thinking Dana doesn't want Connor to fight Khabib but will let him fight Max in a rematch if he wins.  After all, Connor is still the official 155lb champ till Saturday night.  It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Based on Conor's stupidity today, I wouldn't mind if he never has a professional fight of any kind ever again. 

• Upvote 1

Just so I understand correctly, KN confronts AL who called him a pussy. AL denies it (even though on video) and cries like a bitch.  Then CM comes to AL rescue and in the process injures other fighters. 

1. How big of a bitch is AL

2. CM has has many chances to fight KN no?

Pretty &^@#ing bush if you ask me..... 

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Based on Conor's stupidity today, I wouldn't mind if he never has a professional fight of any kind ever again. 

1 hour ago, Silky mitts said:

Used to be a big Connor fan. Now he’s just a coked out idiot. 

What he did makes absolutely no sense.  He had to be high on coke or that synthetic marijuana that makes you go crazy if you have a bad reaction to it (K2, Spice)...

He put one fighter in the hospital.  That dude is going to sue Conor for 7 figures and end up with 6.

Hope he enjoys his jail cell until his lawyer springs him and cuts a deal with the DA to avoid prison for a first offense.

1 hour ago, HI5 said:

Looks like Khabib and his crew bullied Lobov so Connor rolled on Khabib with his boys.

Im with Nate Diaz on this one.

There's a time and place.  In a parking garage with a full busload of people is an exceptionally poor decision.  Conor is going to get sued by both the guy he put in the hospital and Rose who now may have to fight or withdraw with a bum hand.  He better get that check writing hand warmed up.

*edit* Early reports about Rose may be false.  Dana didn't say anything about an injury to rose but did say a UFC employee suffered a broken knuckle/finger.

Edited by SabreFan1

7 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I would absolutely understand Conor's decision to go after Khabib... except he didn't go after Khabib... at least not directly.

Nope.  He put one dude in the hospital with cuts from the busted glass and broke a UFC employees' finger/knuckle.  Initial reports had Rose with a hurt hand as well but Dana said nothing about that.

• Cheers 1