The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that Littlefinger put them up to it and it is in fact a betrayal.

I think I've already mentioned it in this thread, but the whole Smalljohn not bending the knee was very big as well. He played it off like a small deal, but it wasn't. It's meant to expose Ramsay's inexperience in political affairs. Roose would have made him bend his knee. 

Roose continually stressed to Ramsay that he had no idea how politics worked. The heads of these households are used to dealing with people like Ramsay and his savagery isn't going to threaten them. Ramsay really is small time. He's effective at threatening stable hands and people he has total control over. The heads of these houses will chew him up.

At this point, the only thing keeping Ramsay alive is the need for him to around so Theon can get his revenge.

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

His sword hand 

:lol::lol::lol:

poor guy.  I guess he'll just have to learn to wield his sword with the other hand.B). Or does he have one of those big broad swords that take two (even three hands on occasion, when he's really angry) to opporate?  

Edited by Alflives

7 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Also

Hide contents

With Osha dying, pretty much confirms that the Umbers aren't going to betray the Boltons.

Not sure I'd go that far. Osha may have been a failed assassination attempt. They just didn't anticipate that Theon had already tipped Ramsay off.

18 minutes ago, taxi said:

Not sure I'd go that far. Osha may have been a failed assassination attempt. They just didn't anticipate that Theon had already tipped Ramsay off.

Maybe but I'm just skeptical of the whole thing to begin with, since in the season 6 trailer you see the Umber sigil with the Boltons when they fight the Wildlings.

But I hope im wrong.

2 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Maybe but I'm just skeptical of the whole thing to begin with, since in the season 6 trailer you see the Umber sigil with the Boltons when they fight the Wildlings.

But I hope im wrong.

The Umbers are definitely giving Ramsay the impression they will fight with the Boltons. Whether they follow through or not has yet to be seen.

They could march out with the Boltons only to abandon them or turn on them.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, taxi said:

The Umbers are definitely giving Ramsay the impression they will fight with the Boltons. Whether they follow through or not has yet to be seen.

They could march out with the Boltons only to abandon them or turn on them.

I hope your right, I'm probably just bitter because I think the Umbers, like the Mormonts, are loyal to the Starks no matter what.

Edited by CaptainCanuck001

16 hours ago, taxi said:

The thing I don't get is that they if they were really giving up Rickon, why did they include his super-lethal body guard, Osha, in the deal. Why not just kill Osha. As far as Ramsay is concerned, she is just some random wildling. 

Well, I guess that question has been answered, however, I don't necessarily think that the Umbers' loyalty has been 100% proven. I doubt that they'd care what happens to a wildling, even if she did protect Bran and Rickon...

Even a mediocre episode of Game of Thrones is entertaining for me - but I really wasn't into that episode for some reason. Too much Dany? I think I was hoping for some more Bran, far less High Sparrow.

Really loved the Wall development, though.

Just me, or does this season seem to have more comedic elements than previous?