The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I like the idea of Bran going back in time to make sure the Catspaw got into the right hands at the right time. It lends a sort of circular symmetry to the whole thing.

The simplest answer was that he was spying on the NK as a Raven and the NK did seem to recognize him, but simple is boring. It's much more fun to hypothesize twists and turns and since the Hodor/Hold the Door revelation was so cool, I can definitely see Uncle George pulling a similar stunt with that dagger.

Who knows? Bran my have even been going back to make sure he was standing outside the window where Cersei and Jaime were doing the Alabama Slam....

I guess if we could go frame by frame and see if anyones eyes turned white for a moment we'd know for sure :P 

I don't think it was just to observe tho, he did say that he "had to go".... so that to me says that he had a job to do of some sort. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess if we could go frame by frame and see if anyones eyes turned white for a moment we'd know for sure :P 

I don't think it was just to observe tho, he did say that he "had to go".... so that to me says that he had a job to do of some sort. 

Or maybe he had a colostomy bag under those furs....B)

Well something big has to happen, the ending is bittersweet we're told.

I say(in no order) these folks will die:

Spoiler

Danny kills Sansa, Jon kills Dany, Bron kills Jaime, Tyrion kills Cersei.  Mountain kills the Hound, Arya kills the Mountain.  Brienne, Varys also die.  

Out-there predictions but I never would've thought Arya would be the one that killed the Night King.

6 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

A lot of the comments on youtube are angry ones about how the NK was hyped up for 8 years, didn't get into a single sword fight or any real fight with any of the main characters, then got offed in about 5 seconds by a little girl.

Maybe he will parallel Palpatine and we will see him duel in the new series coming out   lol

31 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

A lot of the comments on youtube are angry ones about how the NK was hyped up for 8 years, didn't get into a single sword fight or any real fight with any of the main characters, then got offed in about 5 seconds by a little girl.

People gonna people...

We saw Jon rushing in to save the day...leaving Sam to die at the hands of wights for the "greater good"....only to be stymied by undead Viserion. Arya proves the true hero and that all that "faceless Man" training wasn't just so she could wipe out the Freys (although that was pretty badass) It was an unexpected twist and promises all kinds of cool tie ins, such as the theory

posted by @Tre Mac

If Jon had somehow found a way past Zombie V and made it to the Godswood to outduel the Night King, the same people would be complaining about the "cliche ending".

I believe the Hound and I are in accord on our response to said complainers:

image.png.b27e729d1a44cd789655bf7ac6c44756.png

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I believe the Hound and I are in accord on our response to said complainers:

image.png.b27e729d1a44cd789655bf7ac6c44756.png

My favourite analysis of the whining

Complaining about dark cinematography, then complaining about Arya coming out of nowhere............hmmmmm

1 minute ago, Shift-4 said:

My favourite analysis of the whining

Complaining about dark cinematography, then complaining about Arya coming out of nowhere............hmmmmm

Again, they were all standing under a giant tree. Not hard to imagine how she attacked from above. 

• Cheers 1

So many including myself were left dumbfounded by how Arya was able to sneak up to the Night King - here is the answer:

39CB5ACC-17C9-43D7-9D0B-984A76D6E532.jpeg.a21d77a48a3a716e3d126b17286ae47c.jpeg

41A51092-D771-4214-BA8C-9520010B999B.thumb.jpeg.e47c1db6badc72bd00a26a21cb424f48.jpeg

...holy &^@#. What absolute genius.

Out of all the possible explanations I’ve read, this one definitely makes the most sense and gives clarity to how it went down. 

I’ve watched that scene repeatedly since the episode aired and as I begin to watch it now and piece together the explanation, I’m certain of it.

Jon was awkwardly dancing around the dragon and it was all a decoy for Arya to be able to get past it and into the garden. Beric dies to save Arya’s life in the hall and he was brought back from the dead many times. It’s also very likely why the Lord of Light brought Jon back was to help Arya in this vital moment as Beric did - to allow her to get past the dragon, into the garden and in range of the Night King.

I’m just in awe. Thankful to have watched this masterpiece of a series.

:shock: :frantic:

Edited by Generational.EP40
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

So many including myself were left dumbfounded by how Arya was able to sneak up to the Knight King - here is the answer:

41A51092-D771-4214-BA8C-9520010B999B.thumb.jpeg.e47c1db6badc72bd00a26a21cb424f48.jpeg

Out of all the possible explanations I’ve read, this one definitely makes the most sense and gives clarity to how it went down. 

I’ve watched that scene repeatedly since the episode aired and as I begin to watch it now and piece together the explanation, I’m certain of it.

Jon was awkwardly dancing around the dragon and it was all a decoy for Arya to be able to get past it and into the garden. Beric dies to save Arya’s life in the hall and he was brought back from the dead many times. It’s also very likely why the Lord of Light brought Jon back was to help Arya in this vital moment as Beric did - to allow her to get past the dragon, into the garden and in range of the Night King.

OK so this could have been Bran in Jon's body for a few seconds to clear the way. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

OK so this could have been Bran in Jon's body for a few seconds to clear the way. 

What? Lol, no.

Bran comes back down to himself and is conscious as the Night King is there, kills Theon, and then makes his way to him.

This was just Jon seeing the opportunity and only way for Arya to cross. Though I’m

still not quite sure what Bran was doing that entire episode. 

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Substitute NK for Snoke and you get the Last Jedi.  Rian Johnson was the secret ghostwriter for the episode!   

5 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

No more book theories, no more new characters, folks.  The episode was too dark and smoky.  Nobody actually enjoys watching shadows run around.  And we are not watching for realism.

i honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Generational.EP40 said:

So many including myself were left dumbfounded by how Arya was able to sneak up to the Night King - here is the answer:

Dam that clip is dark.  I guess I got my TV set to dynamic and sport mode(Samsung).  Yeah if the whole episode was like that I would complain too.  

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

i honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here....

A lot of people here are theorizing using book characters or the introduction of just someone new.  That's not happening with such a short timespan.  The story is going to come to a close using all the current pieces left in play.

Others are saying the lighting was okay.  It was not.  I honestly think they used the dark and the smoke to do less work on the cinematography.  It's a show.  You need light even when there is none.  Night battles can be enjoyable on screen.  This one was not.

1 hour ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Complaining about realism when there’s flying dragons that spew fire, spells, the dead, etc 

:lol:

The atmosphere is realistic enough.  Dark and very smoky.  No visibility.  It's war.

But Game of Thrones is television.  Entertainment.  The decision not to have strong lighting was a poor one.