The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Ok, I shoulda just played more Eddie & PJ?  :huh: 

I remember watching this when it was aired...I was a HUGE PJ fan (still am).  Not sure why Eddie and I never ever did marry but whatever.....did get to share a bottle of wine with him when he backed up Neil Young in Van.  (He passed it around and yes, we all swigged off it....suck it COVID).

:towel:

• Like 1

This song popped up yesterday, hadn’t heard it in a while...soooo good...

On a side note, really made me think of a couple friends of mine. Both are much older, retired, and have wives that have succumbed to severe dementia in the last few years, and had to be placed in full-time care homes. For both, their worlds still revolve around their wife - each would go spend hours every day at the facility. Only COVID restrictions & lockdowns could keep them apart, and even then they will be pulling every string to get FaceTime and window visits. If they get a “good day” - which may involve just an hour where their mate is quite lucid and remembers just a small fraction of the life they’ve shared together - they are just glowing about it.

In a world full of selfishness, that’s true love, and it’s just beautiful. They’re my heroes.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

So?  I am a collector.  My daughter got me a spotify account for Christmas.  

I took my refund for my trip home to Canada this Christmas.  Among the things I did/ bought 40 off cd's to pass my time on holidays.  Bought my first ever Matchbox 20 CD, their inaugural launch Yourself or Someone like You...  I always like MB20, was instantly wondered why I waited sooo long? This album is so good.

Must have been a long day... :wub:

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I have so much music, never needed an account.  Please help me I'm lost...

My favourite feature of Spotify is “Radio”. When you finish an album or playlist, Spotify will play other similar songs, based on what other users like. I have discovered/re-discovered a lot of great stuff with that.

Just pick an album or make a playlist, enjoy it, and see what you get when you’re done. Or you can just pick an artist you like, and select [INSERT ARTIST] Radio from their artist page.

You can also find a lot of B-sides or rare tracks you might have missed from your favourite artists. I spent a lot of money back in the day hunting down Radiohead singles to get their unreleased tracks. But now they’re all there, at the touch of a button, and I can compile them into a playlist quite easily. And a couple weeks ago I found a bunch of songs by The National (also one of my favourite bands) that I’d never heard, from soundtracks or other compilations.

Edited by D-Money
  • Thanks 1