The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post Yo Face In The Twilight Sparkle Party

Rate this topic

Gerg

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Does gathering up a biodegradable material, left in small amounts over a wide area, wrapping it in plastic and sending to one concentrated area seem like a wise environmental move?

I'm not sure about it from an environmental standpoint but if another person leaves their dog's crap on my front lawn (or even worse, the sidewalk in front of my house) I'm gonna flip.

also, there's plenty of biodegradable dog waste bags available.

Edited by Sean Monahan
On 2016-12-19 at 8:58 AM, gurn said:

I like black kitty's the most, but any cat is better than a dog- especially with the ridiculous pick up your dog's poop laws.

You realize cats $&!# in a box. Which you clean.  They then traipse about your domain dusting everything with their excrement laced paw sprinkles.

yum.

Edited by riffraff
  • Upvote 4
On 2016-12-19 at 9:59 AM, Sean Monahan said:

I'm not sure about it from an environmental standpoint but if another person leaves their dog's crap on my front lawn (or even worse, the sidewalk in front of my house) I'm gonna flip.

also, there's plenty of biodegradable dog waste bags available.

Why do people think it's ok to simply bag their dogs $&!# and leave that bag elsewhere?

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, riffraff said:

You realize cats $&!# in a box. Which you clean.  They then traipse about your domain dusting everything with their excrement laced paw sprinkles.

yum.

Nope- no box, no cleaning. Occasionaly I have to give the kitty a bath, no big deal, other than it's fur sticking to my tongue.

• Upvote 1
On 2016-12-18 at 2:16 PM, AppleJack said:

Just thought I'd pop in a post a photo so you guys would know I am still around. I don't post much anymore but I do sometimes come onto the forums and poke around. So today I took our kitty Discord out in the snow. He has never experienced snow before so I took a lot of videos and pictures so of course I had to take a kitty selfie with him.

15590495_10158000076335046_1408685852898

Hey AJ, great to see you again!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2016 at 10:32 PM, Twilight Sparkle said:

first lesson: learn to hold the thing right xD

goals for 2017 :3

Image may contain: one or more people, guitar, christmas tree and indoor

A couple of unsolicited tips from someone who has been playing bass for 26 years, and counting.

The strap goes over your shoulder and behind your back, not hanging from your neck. 

Use the top of the pick-up, whichever one is more comfortable, as a post / rest for your thumb so you can finger pick properly. 

Rock on 

Edit- your thumb needs to be behind the fret board, palm gripping is not only ugly, but limits finger mobility and can cause tendonitis. 

Get a hand trainer from a music shop.

Pay for lessons for your first couple / few years.

Edited by luckylager
  • Upvote 1