Canucks Community

Post Yo Face In The Twilight Sparkle Party

Rate this topic

Gerg

12 hours ago, J.R. said:

IMG_3559_copy_LR_large.jpg?5845160133551

12 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Looks like the exact shoes I recently had to retire

those are Frye's Harvey Cap Toe - my pair recently got messed up beyond repair. I got more compliments on those shoes in two years than I had on every other shoe I've owned up until that point combined 

Unfortunately, if you don't take good care of them or re-sole them when needed, they will need to be replaced. They wear down extremely fast (IMO) 

Worse yet, though, is how absurdly slippery they are. i nearly killed myself wearing them in the winter numerous times

might be worth it to buy a new pair and just get them re-soled immediately with something that has grip, rather than that ridiculously smooth bottom - save yourself trouble down the line

Edited by GLASSJAW
4 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

those are Frye's Harvey Cap Toe - my pair recently got messed up beyond repair. I got more compliments on those shoes in two years than I had on every other shoe I've owned up until that point combined 

Unfortunately, if you don't take good care of them or re-sole them when needed, they will need to be replaced. They wear down extremely fast (IMO) 

Worse yet, though, is how absurdly slippery they are. i nearly killed myself wearing them in the winter numerous times

might be worth it to buy a new pair and just get them re-soled immediately with something that has grip, rather than that ridiculously smooth bottom - save yourself trouble down the line

So essentially.  Fashion over function and value.  Damn!

4 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

Actually mine were Dockers and they looked just like that. Mine last for about 4 years. Then the sole cracked right through. I could have resoled them but I was ready to try something new. 

Never had slippage problems. Half the year here is winter. Not a good idea to pick shoes that might have slippage issues. 

Then again I am pretty ninja like on my feet. ::D 

5 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

Have you tried contacting Frye? From what I recall reading, they have a damn good warranty/repair policy for re soling etc. Haven't had to contact them for any of my shoes yet though, so no personal experience. 

As for the slippery aspect. I have noticed that on like wet tile/concrete/linoleum but that's about it (understandable). Outside I haven't had any problems other than on ice. And well, it's ice. 

@riffraff, do any of those pictures I posted of cardigans look like Mr Rogers? Continuing to beat that close minded drum eh...?:P

Edited by J.R.
6 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Hey the late '80's were hard. Teens NEED their music and those were some barren years. If it weren't for the Cult & Sex Pistols cassettes I may not have survived.

Legit posts. I observed a dual cassette player in the background of your pic.

so potentially you could cue up never mind the bollocks and sonic temple.  Nice.