The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Ha, Ha, check out this recent poll just to confirm you are in the minority and definitely wearing Bxa love goggles...

http://forum.canucks...huis-vs-bieksa/

Hey did you see Hammers great blind pass behind the net to NOBODY the other night that resulted in a goal against? Seems to me you went ballistic over Bieksa doing that when it didn't result in a goal.

Ok so getting back to the Ehrhoff vs Bxa debate, and why I feel MG made a mistake in not giving Ehrhoff a reasonable counter offer to his 5.2 request to play for the Nuck's.

currently the Nuck's #1 point producers have regressed back to their 80 pt pace of the pre Ehrhoff era. an era where the team had Bxa, Edler + Salo, but the Twins couldn't break the point per game barrier as an average.

So in comes Ehrhoff, already a 40+ pt per game guy from SJ, he picks up an amazing 95 pts in 2 seasons with the Nuck's, the Twins bust 100 points on a season for the first time in their careers.

In the summer, MG overpays for Bxa, thus cannot afford to sign Ehrhoff at the discounted 5.2 rate and so without the slick puck moving Hoff to get them the puck the Twins regress back to their 80 pt paces.

meanwhile in 58 games this year, Ehrhoff now with Buf, has 30 pts, easily if he played 82 games, a 40 pt + pace.

So I ask, who's point production misses who more? Do the Twins miss the Hoff or does the Hoff miss the Twins?

Signing Bxa with the biggest cap hit among the D and a 5 year NTC before inking Ehrhoff to a deal was a huge mistake by MG

Ok so getting back to the Ehrhoff vs Bxa debate, and why I feel MG made a mistake in not giving Ehrhoff a reasonable counter offer to his 5.2 request to play for the Nuck's.

currently the Nuck's #1 point producers have regressed back to their 80 pt pace of the pre Ehrhoff era. an era where the team had Bxa, Edler + Salo, but the Twins couldn't break the point per game barrier as an average.

So in comes Ehrhoff, already a 40+ pt per game guy from SJ, he picks up an amazing 95 pts in 2 seasons with the Nuck's, the Twins bust 100 points on a season for the first time in their careers.

In the summer, MG overpays for Bxa, thus cannot afford to sign Ehrhoff at the discounted 5.2 rate and so without the slick puck moving Hoff to get them the puck the Twins regress back to their 80 pt paces.

meanwhile in 58 games this year, Ehrhoff now with Buf, has 30 pts, easily if he played 82 games, a 40 pt + pace.

So I ask, who's point production misses who more? Do the Twins miss the Hoff or does the Hoff miss the Twins?

Signing Bxa with the biggest cap hit among the D and a 5 year NTC before inking Ehrhoff to a deal was a huge mistake by MG

Yup. Ehrhoff is the reason the Sedins became 100point players, you got it!

Answer the question, CANUCKLELION, I'm just gonna keep coming back and posting it until you do.

What would you rather contend for each season, the President's Trophy or the Stanley Cup?

If you want to justify your hard-on for Ehrhoff and hate for Bieksa, just say you want the Canucks to keep winning the President's trophy while going Cup-less, and I will leave it alone.

By the by, the Sedins were on pace to repeat 100 point performances this year until this significant slump in production. I think calling Ehrhoff the answer is oversimplifying the situation.

Answer the question, CANUCKLELION, I'm just gonna keep coming back and posting it until you do.

What would you rather contend for each season, the President's Trophy or the Stanley Cup?

If you want to justify your hard-on for Ehrhoff and hate for Bieksa, just say you want the Canucks to keep winning the President's trophy while going Cup-less, and I will leave it alone.

By the by, the Sedins were on pace to repeat 100 point performances this year until this significant slump in production. I think calling Ehrhoff the answer is oversimplifying the situation.

The answer is simple, the Nuck's get neither without Ehrhoff, and all they get with Bxa is the 'same old 'same old' , 6 yrs and no cup.

Bxa is not good enough to be a top 4 Dman on a Stanley Cup winning team. He is a liability.

As far as simplifying goes I will try to keep it simple so you might understand.

Ehrhoff gets his 40+ points in 82 games whether he is with the Twins or not. The Twins never even got near 100 points until and only if they have a guy like the Hoff to move the puck. The Nuck's did not replace him, that is tough to do. Your grandma could probably play better D than Bxa.

The answer is simple, the Nuck's get neither without Ehrhoff, and all they get with Bxa is the 'same old 'same old' , 6 yrs and no cup.

Bxa is not  good enough to be a top 4 Dman on a Stanley Cup winning team. He is a liability.

As far as simplifying goes I will try to keep it simple so you might understand.

Ehrhoff gets his 40+ points in 82 games whether he is with the Twins or not. The Twins never even got near 100 points until and only if they have a guy like the Hoff to move the puck. The Nuck's did not replace him, that is tough to do. Your grandma could probably play better D than Bxa.

BNFOD00Z.jpg

Ehrhoff gets half his points on the powerplay and he's played on a pretty good powerplay dating back to his San Jose days

All high point-producing Dmen get at least half their points on the PP no matter who they're playing with. Speaking of PPs, Ehrhoff on our point would look pretty good about now.

All high point-producing Dmen get at least half their points on the PP no matter who they're playing with. Speaking of PPs, Ehrhoff on our point would look pretty good about now.

Bieksas looking to get 40-45 points this year and is at 38 currently. So far only 8 have been from the pp.

8/38 is not 50%

Edler who is 5 points ahead has 22 EVP to 20 PPP.

With the least amount of PP/game he's second to Edler with 5v4 PTS/60.

I will take 5v5 any day of the week a twice on Saturday, thrice on Sunday. Especially considering the playoffs.

Bxa is not good enough to be a top 4 Dman on a Stanley Cup winning team. He is a liability.

There's no evidence at all Ehrhoff offered to sign for $5.2m. None. You're the only source I've ever seen it from. Unless you're a Canuck insider (lmao) I believe your source is your overactive imagination.

I've been trying to stay away from this thread but I can no longer hold back.

SHORT VERSION: CANUCKLELION has won the debate!

LESS SHORT VERSION: I like that he gets points (would get so many more if he learned to snap it quickly instead of faking ALL the time), is a good interview, and brings some token amount of toughness so lacking from our other D men, but that just doesn't make up for all his defensive deficiencies.

- in his own zone judgement with the puck is of the WTF variety

- gets walked around with regularity

- seemingly unable to put in error free minutes with anybody save Hamhuis

- refuses to make the simple play, often preferring to pass it back thus increasing the likelihood the puck doesn't get out of our zone until its in the back of the net

edler does not replace ehrhoff....we were way better with both.

Faith in CDC=Restored.

This team is way better with Ehrhoff than without. Anyone who wants to debate that hasn't watched the games this year. The D looks brutal this year when compared to last year. If the Canucks added a top-four d-man at the deadline or in the offseason they would've been okay, but not replacing Ehrhoff will probably cost them the Stanley Cup.

Archived