The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

LOL @ all the Biehsa apologists :lol:

The season has just begun and KB already has a sunburn on the back of his neck from the red light behind the goal coming on so often when he is right in front of it. :lol:

At least all the "experts" will stop proclaiming the Canucks as Cup favourites :sadno:

we are close. we'll see how this team responds once burrows is back and we have our normal 2 scoring lines rolling.

As I posted earlier...he was checking the stick....not slashing the player. Easily broken sticks occur all the time....and it did as well on that occasion. There wasn't an overt decision to break the stick nor to assert himself. Defencemen are taught to play the body not the puck...and when checking they are taught to either tie up the man, or tie up his stick.....isn't that right coach?

He went for his stick...it broke...it happens every night, in the NHL and happens to the best of players.

Skilled D will lift a stick, Hackers will hack it, Bieksa is a hacker, that should not be playing top 4 Dman minutes.biggrin.gif

I REALLY CAN"T BELIEVE we're going through this again this year...I was sooo happy once we picked up Hamhuis and it was obvious that Bieksa was going to get traded, no more watching Bieksa and his freaking bone headed defensive play directly leading to 1 or more goals a game......then Salo got hurt...uhg. Another season of frustration having to watch this guy stink up the ice. I will be such a happy fan once I don't have to be strickin with pain in my Canuck fan soul everytime he makes a gaff....

How come as fans we all see the same thing yet AV continues to play him top minutes????? I just don't get it

I'd say 60 Hamstring, 40 Bieksa. While Kopi did get the pass through, Bieksa kept him to the outside, where as Hamstrings man was open in front of the net.

I don't know, well that's a lie someone is going to blame Bikesa for the last goal, BIeksa followed his man behind the net, and Alberts tried to join the party, leading to a big FAIL.

You are blind, Kopitar went to the middle, not the outside, the reason was Bieksa's non existent gap management, he was backing up instead of closing. I guess it was hamhuis' fault for not knowing Bieksa would make a pee wee mistake eh?

Edit, WTF is a Dman doing behind the net in his own end checking a player without the puck? Bieksa deserted Bobby Lou in front and the L.A player, gobbled up the dessert, scoring in front un checked.

You just don't know when to quit do you? All you've been doing all day is puking drivel out of your ignorant mush.

My ignorant mush?

Let me guess. Your life is such a disappointment you've got nothing better to do than sit around in your dirty gonch eating Cheetohs and taking pot shots at people on CDC. It's no wonder your post count is so high. (How am I doing so far?)
You're doing very poorly...par for the course. Musta struck a nerve with you though eh? I guess I did pretty good eh?

I wasn't wrong when I said there's a pile of Canuck fans that aren't stoked with Bieksa. This thread proves that. I was provoked, by someone other than you I might add, and I took the bait. You piled on later like the internet bully you obviously are. You're a hypocrite throwing around insults and getting all high and mighty if anyone comes back at you.
I never said you were wrong about that. There's several and most of which are rational and present very good arguments and don't cry like 6 year old girls when someone disagrees with them. Then there's you...

It's the same the other way as well. Most of the "Bieksa apologists" aren't here saying he should be on the all star team rather it's all about making a rational and educated opinion with points to back them up.

Get lost!

And while you're at it, get a life. Troll!

Got one...and it's a fantastic one thanks. Still think that bieksa bashers are the only knowledgable fans? Yeah I'm the troll. Just go away and don't come back if you can't handle a debate about hockey. Take BP and LP with ya while you're at it.

Your the moron! Out of the league??? Wow get a clue.

The clue as to how big the market is for has been offensive Dmen, who can't defend is how Souray, Redden, + Finger all cleared waivers and are currently out of the league. Souray and Redden, definitely have more skill than Bieksa and there is no market for them.

You are blind, Kopitar went to the middle, not the outside, the reason was Bieksa's non existent gap management, he was backing up instead of closing. I guess it was hamhuis' fault for not knowing Bieksa would make a pee wee mistake eh?

Edit, WTF is a Dman doing behind the net in his own end checking a player without the puck? Bieksa deserted Bobby Lou in front and the L.A player, gobbled up the dessert, scoring in front un checked.

A guys with as much speed as Kopitar comes flying in while a dman is skating backwards, no forwards backchecking, so Kopitar cuts to the middle on his backhand. Is he going to score from the top of the circle/hash marks on his back hand = no. Maybe Hamhuis should have been a hacker as the stick lift didn't accomplish much.

Now I know you have never player hockey so I will explain it to you; when a forward, who has a lot of speed comes speeding at a dman, the dman has a couple options, force to the outside or to the middle, both places are tough scoring chances. The forwards or other dman take the passes. No dman can skate backwards as fast as a forward skates forwards, that is why you angle them off.

A guys with as much speed as Kopitar comes flying in while a dman is skating backwards, no forwards backchecking, so Kopitar cuts to the middle on his backhand. Is he going to score from the top of the circle/hash marks on his back hand = no. Maybe Hamhuis should have been a hacker as the stick lift didn't accomplish much.

Now I know you have never player hockey so I will explain it to you; when a forward, who has a lot of speed comes speeding at a dman, the dman has a couple options, force to the outside or to the middle, both places are tough scoring chances. The forwards or other dman take the passes. No dman can skate backwards as fast as a forward skates forwards, that is why you angle them off.

lol, Kopitar should have had a body and 6 feet of stick to get thru before he could get to the slot. It was bad gap management and no communication with his partner that created the scoring opportunity that resulted in a goal.

Ok you're way better than this stupid argument.

YepI forgot to add that despite all his blusterous efforts Brian Burke couldn't move Kaberle as well. I'm just trying to emphasize there is no market for pricey Dmen that cannot defend.

Believe me there is nothing I would like to see more than KB turn his game around, but it seems to me the KB that every one expected would develop 4 years ago was a mirage. He never has fulfilled the expectations created by his play during his first year. As recently as the summer of 09, I, like so many others was saying, this will be the year KB returns to the type of player Nonis thought he could be, but alas, it was not to be. He was awful, both before and after his freak injury last year.

So now my expectations are that he will re invent himself and just play a simple defensive first game, it seems he cannot even do that so I truly believe that if AV doesn't move him back to 3rd pairing minutes the team is better off without him and the 3.75 worth of cap could be better spent elsewhere in the lineup..

Skilled D will lift a stick, Hackers will hack it, Bieksa is a hacker, that should not be playing top 4 Dman minutes.biggrin.gif

I suppose Chris Pronger, Rob Blake, Adam Foote, Scott Niedermayer, Scott Stevens, and any other defenseman whoever broke an opposing player's stick must be hacker's too....by that simple minded logic. Guess there isn't a single time Bieksa ever lifted a stick, and I guess there isn't a single skilled defenseman on that list or in the league.

Huh....go figure.

YepI forgot to add that despite all his blusterous efforts Brian Burke couldn't move Kaberle as well. I'm just trying to emphasize there is no market for pricey Dmen that cannot defend.

Believe me there is nothing I would like to see more than KB turn his game around, but it seems to me the KB that every one expected would develop 4 years ago was a mirage. He never has fulfilled the expectations created by his play during his first year. As recently as the summer of 09, I, like so many others was saying, this will be the year KB returns to the type of player Nonis thought he could be, but alas, it was not to be. He was awful, both before and after his freak injury last year.

So now my expectations are that he will re invent himself and just play a simple defensive first game, it seems he cannot even do that so I truly believe that if AV doesn't move him back to 3rd pairing minutes the team is better off without him and the 3.75 worth of cap could be better spent elsewhere in the lineup..

Think about each of the players you mentioned and the circumstances around them. You're seriously stretching on this one and veiling it in the "I really wanna see KB do good" which is starting to get cliche. It's a bad argugument and I think you know that.

So far AV is doing at least one thing correctly regarding Bieksa. He has Ehrhoff and Edler out as the top pairing PP. If that continues, it'll be impossible for Bieksa to record more points. (Even if they got the same PP time, I'd still predict Edler coming out on top.)

What possible reasoning do you have for this? Edler's only offensive skills are crisp passing (its strange, somehow everyone seems to miss the net when they get one of his passes, even tho they're tape to tape) and a good wrister, great slap shot from the blue line only. Trailer plays are not his thing. PInching, is not his thing. Dangling, is not his thing. It's exactly the opposite for Bieksa, and you'll notice that trailer plays, pinching, and dangling, are all indicative of a forwards game. Forwards tend to be the ones who get the majority of points

I suppose Chris Pronger, Rob Blake, Adam Foote, Scott Niedermayer, Scott Stevens, and any other defenseman whoever broke an opposing player's stick must be hacker's too....by that simple minded logic. Guess there isn't a single time Bieksa ever lifted a stick, and I guess there isn't a single skilled defenseman on that list or in the league.

Huh....go figure.

Agreed! I feel the problem with Bieksa is his timing/judgement (or lack thereof) with plays like that. We were already a man down and for him to "hack" at another players stick in that situation (knowing that if he broke it he would get a penalty, as well as knowing how fragile the modern composite sticks are) simply shows that his head in not NHL calibre right now. Last nights game is another story all together as he was just horrid last night no matter what he tried to do. I realize the Salo situation, etc., but he is a serious liability everytime he is on the ice right now, and that (unfortunately) seems to be a lot these days.

:)

i only got personal when you replied in a personal fashion. like i said, you can just disagree. so go wipe Bieksa's butt with your lips and tell him to forget the kleenex.

How're the mods letting things like this slip by on the thread? :mellow:

Now you're on to something.

He has zero points in four games. He is on the team to put up points. Hes not doing that.

1zqen84.jpg Kesler is also on the team to put up (some, at the very least) points. He's also "not doing that" (zero points in four games). And guess what? He's paid 1.5M more than Bieksa is!

What I'm trying to say is: IT'S FOUR GAMES INTO THE SEASON, PEOPLE. Jay Bouwmeester has 0 points in 3 games, Zach Bogosian has 0 points in 3 games, McCabe, Coburn, and Timmonen all have 0 points in 3, 4, and 4 games respectively! Shocking, right? And they all average about the same amount of ice time and +/- as well!

Jay Bouwmeester 3GP, 26:05 ATOI, -1

Kimmo Timonen 4GP, 25:11 ATOI, 0+/-

Kevin Bieksa 4GP, 24:56 ATOI, -1

Zach Bogosian 3GP, 24:04 ATOI, -1

Braydon Coburn 4GP, 22:48 ATOI, 0+/-

Bryan McCabe 3GP, 20:05 ATOI, +1

With a small sample size, Bieksa is around the middle of the pack of "top-ATOI defensemen." Now, I'm not saying that "I love Bieksa" or that I'm defending his play as of late (a lot of the team would need to be defended, then), but he's also not getting paid 7M (JayBo, Timmo), or 4M+ (McCabe) to "underachieve." Like I said, this is a small sample size, and that I'm sure the numbers would be relatively the same if I grabbed a larger one. October has always been a slow month for us, and I don't see why it should've been any different this season. Just because we've replaced a few of the guys that left (or traded)? It's only been 4 games, give it some time for the team to mesh and everything should fall into place. Who knows? Maybe we'll go on a 10 game win-run at the end of October and tear it up.

Stranger things have happened (The Leafs?).

I think it is because Burke's asking price was too high.

lol, Kopitar should have had a body and 6 feet of stick to get thru before he could get to the slot. It was bad gap management and no communication with his partner that created the scoring opportunity that resulted in a goal.

As a dman you have to keep a gap between you and the forward coming down or the dman will just get blown by. By keeping a gap it forces the forward to shoot or go wide.

Bieksa's best season, point production wise, was 43. He was getting top pairing minutes and 1st unit power play time then. Edler's point production has been increasing steadily, and was 42 pts last year. Now Edler is getting top pairing minutes and 1st power play time.

You think Bieksa will "have far larger point numbers than Edler this year"?

Are you a betting man?

In all honesty I didn't remember Bieksa was getting top pairing minutes two years ago.

He was also coming off that horrible injury from the year before, but still managed 43. He's coming off pretty much the same injury again from last year, but this time with more maturation and development.

The lack of prime pp time will surely skew his totals, but his overall TOI is still solid, something around 20 compared to Edler's 23 I believe. Him and Hamhuis are also used consistently in conjunction with our top line, something to pad his points.

But only time will tell. I could be wrong, but past history, growth patterns, and player profiles seem to back my opinion from what I can see.

Edit: Ahh i see two posts above me that apparently Bieksa is averaging 24 mins. Wow, that's quite a bit. I'm sure Ballard and Alberts being out for a bit last game played a part in that, at least a lil

Archived