The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

<passes LilFra a tissue>

You just don't know when to quit do you? All you've been doing all day is puking drivel out of your ignorant mush.

Let me guess. Your life is such a disappointment you've got nothing better to do than sit around in your dirty gonch eating Cheetohs and taking pot shots at people on CDC. It's no wonder your post count is so high. (How am I doing so far?)

I wasn't wrong when I said there's a pile of Canuck fans that aren't stoked with Bieksa. This thread proves that. I was provoked, by someone other than you I might add, and I took the bait. You piled on later like the internet bully you obviously are. You're a hypocrite throwing around insults and getting all high and mighty if anyone comes back at you.

Get lost!

And while you're at it, get a life. Troll!

It's not the first time to see Bieksa let the opposition forward carrying the puck to walk around him like Kopitar did in the King's 3rd goal. Bieksa is at best the 6th defenseman in the NHL. AV who thinks Bieksa belongs to the top two D on this team and that Rypien is an NHL calibre player is an AHL coach. No trades by MG will save this team unless he fires AV. I said this when AV got his 3 year contract extension and I have to say this again until the Canucks gets an NHL coach.

Bieksa is on the ice a lot when the Sedins are. Sedins make great plays and score, Bieksa gets a gift plus 1. Bieksa goofs as usual, Sedins get a minus 1.

Hold on. I'm confused now.

I was under the impression from reading posts here that Bieksa was/is on the ice when the Canucks are scored against.

Now you're tellling me he's also on the ice when the Canucks are doing the scoring?

Novel idea there.

You just don't know when to quit do you? All you've been doing all day is puking drivel out of your ignorant mush.

Let me guess. Your life is such a disappointment you've got nothing better to do than sit around in your dirty gonch eating Cheetohs and taking pot shots at people on CDC. It's no wonder your post count is so high. (How am I doing so far?)

I wasn't wrong when I said there's a pile of Canuck fans that aren't stoked with Bieksa. This thread proves that. I was provoked, by someone other than you I might add, and I took the bait. You piled on later like the internet bully you obviously are. You're a hypocrite throwing around insults and getting all high and mighty if anyone comes back at you.

Get lost!

Your girlfriend Bieksa is gonna get traded once Salo comes back so get over your love affair.

86fec_celebrity-pictures-ernie-bert-happily-married.jpg

I was under the impression from reading posts here that Bieksa was/is on the ice when the Canucks are scored against.

Now you're tellling me he's also on the ice when the Canucks are doing the scoring?

Novel idea there.

Look at the game film, then get back to me about Kevin's monumental contribution to Daniel's goals.

Novel idea there.

Newsflash, guys........if all you care about is +/-, then you understand jack crap about hockey.

Look at how the players have played in all aspects of the game. If you still think Bieksa has played as good as Daniel Sedin, then do yourself a favor and watch more than just the stat line at the end of the game.

Novel idea there.

oh my god...just please get over it...bieksa is terrible...stop defending a pylon.

Newsflash wallstreet my post was not referring to the importance of +\-.

For what it's worth I agree that +\- is a pretty useless stat.

Newsflash, guys........if all you care about is +/-, then you understand jack crap about hockey.

Look at how the players have played in all aspects of the game. If you still think Bieksa has played as good as Daniel Sedin, then do yourself a favor and watch more than just the stat line at the end of the game.

Newsflash wallstreet my post was not referring to the importance of +\-.

For what it's worth I agree that +\- is a pretty useless stat.

Well, considering Bieksa, with his offensive creativity and contributions, has no points in 4 games, +/- is about the only thing he does have going or him.

He played reasonably well the first 3 games (despite still making some key errors that proved costly), but he was absolutely horrible tonight.

Well, considering Bieksa, with his offensive creativity and contributions, has no points in 4 games, +/- is about the only thing he does have going or him.

He played reasonably well the first 3 games (despite still making some key errors that proved costly), but he was absolutely horrible tonight.

Correlation =/= Causation

You know better than that to make such a spurrious correlation, my friend.

Now you're on to something.

He has zero points in four games. He is on the team to put up points. Hes not doing that.

Even I'll admit that four games in, "not putting up points" is not really fair criticism.

I didn't watch the game tonight. But it is pretty obvious that his defenders are not understanding the criticisms made in this thread. It is not that "he makes tens of thousands of mistakes." He does make mistakes at inopportune times, and his mistakes do tend to be worse than those made by others. But it is more than that. Almost every little move he makes, from failing to make the easy first pass out of the zone and staging his own idea of a good breakout pass, to giving up the blueline on a backcheck because his gap control is non-existant, to trying to stick check somebody when he should be laying on the body, to making decisions with the puck that are almost always based on habit instead of an evaluation of what's happening on the ice (because he can't think the game at NHL speed) which leads to loss of possession, is not what an NHL defender is supposed to do. You're supposed to control the gap and not give up the blueline. You're supposed to move the puck efficiently out of the zone when you have the opportunity. You're supposed to stay on your man and not get caught watching the puck. It all contributes to a negative effect on the team's transition game, puck possession, coordinated defensive efforts and even the cycle game in the offensive zone. He is a friggin' boat anchor...the way he plays the D position isn't how an NHLer should. Quite frankly, he plays defense the same way he did four years ago...like an NCAA defenseman.

edit: I don't think I'm at all being too harsh on him. Yes, the team is having trouble scoring, and no, he is not the only player that needs to shape up. But his poor play is honestly what has stuck out the most for me so far this young season. He almost seems worse than he has ever been, but I don't really think he is. It is probably just that this is the first time that he has ever played so many minutes (and important minutes at that) as a Canuck without Big Willie Style there to cover for him. Since this is AV we're talking about, I give it two more games until Ballard takes his place.

Speaking of Mitchell, I am told he had a great game tonight, though again, I didn't see it.

And for the record, Bieksa is not my least favourite Canuck. Alain Vigneault is.

edit: if ballard is really injured, and Rome gets to play, maybe he will get to play with Bieksa. Rome has done a good job babysitting Bieksa in the past, and yeah, I would rather see Alberts get more minutes, and Edler play with Hamhuis, than see Bieksa stay on the top pairing.

Get lost!

Considering 99% of your posts is you coming on here and talking negative about a player and then insulting a poster, I would say you have the issues.

O my god there was no snow at the Olympics it must have been Bieksa, it rained on tuesday must have been Bieksa, Maple Leafs are actually winning games must have been Bieksa, Canucks didnt win in 94 must have been Bieksa.

LOL @ all the Biehsa apologists :lol:

The season has just begun and KB already has a sunburn on the back of his neck from the red light behind the goal coming on so often when he is right in front of it. :lol:

At least all the "experts" will stop proclaiming the Canucks as Cup favourites :sadno:

I think we need to remember that Kevin was a 5th round draft pick. How good do you expect a 5th round pick to be?

Nonis signed him to this big contract. From Bieksa's point of view what do you do ? Refuse the contract?

So hes here doing the best he can with the skill level he has. He was always a high risk high reward guy and hes been struggling.

But ragging on him isn't going to do any good. We need to try to encourage him while he is still here.

It not so much people rag on him some of it justified some of it not. It's that they have no answers. And when they do it's usually ridiculous stuff like play Rome a guy who's a good fill-in but that's about it, or keeping SOB a guy who is a liability in the strictest sense of the word.

I think we need to remember that Kevin was a 5th round draft pick. How good do you expect a 5th round pick to be?

Nonis signed him to this big contract. From Bieksa's point of view what do you do ? Refuse the contract?

So hes here doing the best he can with the skill level he has. He was always a high risk high reward guy and hes been struggling.

But ragging on him isn't going to do any good. We need to try to encourage him while he is still here.

Archived