The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

kah 3 goals in 2game. I wonder if he has more goals then manneh, and morales? Watson I still feel need to be causing 1-2 chances off corners with his fame. Overall really happy with the preformance and if we play up to our potential we are a contending team. I still think we are overrated as a team.

Nahh i disagree. We're potent af and every time i watch a game i feel like we will for sure pull off a W.

DC United is overrated IMO.

Nahh i disagree. We're potent af and every time i watch a game i feel like we will for sure pull off a W.

DC United is overrated IMO.

dc, n seattle for sure

i should clear my thing about us being overrated

between ousted and our defense I think we are rated fine. One of the best in the league and toughest to play against.

Koffie and laba great dcms and tiebert is a great sub.

most of our wingers are still young and have protential so don't mind them playing alot (manneh, techera ect..)

morales imo is a bit overrated from last year. his passing ability is there just he hasn't been as good as last year.

striker though. I am not sold on rivero, he is still young and works hard but feel he is a solid bench player. Hopefully he makes me eat my words but he is no 20+goal scorer imo.

I feel without that striker we can't complete with the best in the league. People saying we are contenders are overrating our team. We might make it farther in the playoffs but not gonna make the final or win it imo. In closing we are a solid team just imo most of our goals have a lot of luck in them.

predicting 2-1 win against montreal

I wonder if reo coker will play

dc, n seattle for sure

between ousted and our defense I think we are rated fine. One of the best in the league and toughest to play against.

most of our wingers are still young and have protential so don't mind them playing alot (manneh, techera ect..)

morales imo is a bit overrated from last year. his passing ability is there just he hasn't been as good as last year.

striker though. I am not sold on rivero, he is still young and works hard but feel he is a solid bench player. Hopefully he makes me eat my words but he is no 20+goal scorer imo.

I feel without that striker we can't complete with the best in the league. People saying we are contenders are overrating our team. We might make it farther in the playoffs but not gonna make the final or win it imo. In closing we are a solid team just imo most of our goals have a lot of luck in them.

Yeah no I completely I agree with you. I just don't think people think that our strikers are that good, not enough for them to be classified as overrated and make the team in general overrated.

But I see where ur coming from

dc, n seattle for sure

I'm on the fence about Rivero, he's a good player but II think we have to look back to May for the last time he scored a non-PK goal. After his hot start I think maybe teams just started identifying him and marking him better but he still seems to take attention off other players. I agree though, I don't think we should expect to win this year with this current team, still a few pieces away.

What's with the guarded optimism about the Caps??

They are a team on the rise and we all need to get on board and support them. We are seeing a team of young players developing together thanks to the right mix of vets, a deep bench and great coaching.

Who really cares if they are a few pieces away or lacking a top striker. In the current winning environment, this team may develop the players it needs organically. My only fear is that as this group keeps improving, that the Caps lose their top players to European clubs who can wave $$$$ under their noses that the MLS can't compete with.

They are a team on the rise and we all need to get on board and support them. We are seeing a team of young players developing together thanks to the right mix of vets, a deep bench and great coaching.

Who really cares if they are a few pieces away or lacking a top striker. In the current winning environment, this team may develop the players it needs organically. My only fear is that as this group keeps improving, that the Caps lose their top players to European clubs who can wave $$$$ under their noses that the MLS can't compete with.

Because there's still one team that is for sure better in the west.

No one here isn't supporting them. That's one thing I've enjoyed about the caps thread is that there isn't the typical "hatrz go...... only lifelong fans like me are importntt...... need more positivey........"

Rivero needs Pedro back in the lineup. I want Pedro back in. The interesting thing is that Pedro's contract is up after this season. He's making 1.4m this season. He's playing for a contract. I think it's clear that he's the one who's been making the strikers over the past year perform better than they should be. Without him in the lineup, Rivero has suffered. But in the opposite sense, the rest of the team has probably improved. Mezquida's workrate in midfield allows Manneh more freedom, and he makes the midfield so much harder to get through.

I'd like to see Adekugbe get another shot.

I think as Vancouver sports fans we may be conditioned to be cautiously optimistic when it comes to our teams ;)

• Upvote 1

My big issue with the team seems to have been addressed, at least for now.

A while back I said that their inability to bury good scoring chances was going to be an issue moving forward. They were generating enough opportunities to score, but not enough of them were finding their way into the back of the net.

Lately, that seems to have changed. The offense isn't quite so reliant on Rivero, Manneh and Techera and we're finally seeing the team look dangerous off of set pieces.

If the team can maintain their scoring touch from the past few matches, I'm much more confident moving forward. As someone already pointed out, I believe we'll have a better idea of where this team stands after the Sporting KC and FC Dallas games.

Have been watching other teams' games around the league lately as well and what really stands out is the lack of pace of many of these teams compared to the Caps. I don't think there's another team in the league that plays or can play at our pace.

No doubt we'll lose a player or two as this group moves along.But that's the gameplan anyway. Sell a Koffie here or a Manneh there, and bring in the next kid we've been grooming.

I'm more worried about losing Robbo to a European team in the next three years if the Caps keep doing what they're doing.

• Upvote 1

Have been watching other teams' games around the league lately as well and what really stands out is the lack of pace of many of these teams compared to the Caps. I don't think there's another team in the league that plays or can play at our pace.

No doubt we'll lose a player or two as this group moves along.But that's the gameplan anyway. Sell a Koffie here or a Manneh there, and bring in the next kid we've been grooming.

I'm more worried about losing Robbo to a European team in the next three years if the Caps keep doing what they're doing.

I agree

robbo is only 38 he could be the fergie of mls. He could be the guy that turns the caps into a powerhouse and mls into a respectable league in the world. Possibly making mls a top 10-15league in the world. Would be a massive blow to the team if he would to leave. Only thing I would like to see is more canadians but I understand the canadians we have aren't good enough atm. Hopefully in the future we get a starting line up of a couple canadians.

Tonight and this weekend should show how deep we are as a team. If we win both games that would be really impressive.

I agree

robbo is only 38 he could be the fergie of mls. He could be the guy that turns the caps into a powerhouse and mls into a respectable league in the world. Possibly making mls a top 10-15league in the world. Would be a massive blow to the team if he would to leave. Only thing I would like to see is more canadians but I understand the canadians we have aren't good enough atm. Hopefully in the future we get a starting line up of a couple canadians.

Tonight and this weekend should show how deep we are as a team. If we win both games that would be really impressive.

The way you put it, the more likely he is to get poached. Either national team or different league.

• Upvote 1