The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Gotta say, we talk a lot about "game management" in hockey, but we saw it in this match, with that push in the back of David...

By the letter of the law, that's a penalty. A two handed push in the back, but the ref decided it "wasn't enough" to merit a penalty. "Not enough" of what? He didn't push him hard enough?

Mexico loses to the Americans. They'll be looking for redemption on Tuesday.

I think Canada will need to finish a bit better if they want a result against the Mexicans. They were very good outside the 18 yard box tonight. They just need to be a bit better in close.....

21 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Nice to see Canada get another win. Currently 3rd in the group for qualifying. 3 more matches to go. Let’s finish unbeaten and win the group. Go Canada!

Seven more matches to go.  One more this month.   Two in January.  One in February.  And three in March.

Long way to go yet but they're doing well.

• Upvote 1

Nice win today.   But I'd feel better if Honduras had held on to beat Panama.

Now, should Mexico beat Canada on Tuesday and should the US and Panama both win their games, Canada would find itself in fourth place, one point behind Panama and four points behind Mexico and the US.

(I suppose it's because I'm a long time supporter of Vancouver sports teams that makes me see the downside of things.)

On the other hand, should Canada beat Mexico on Tuesday we'd be in second place for the time being no matter what other teams do.

Go Canada!!!          :gocan:

Just gonna say it’s pretty awesome to have not 1, but 2 players climbing the all time Canada goals list at the same time. Adekugbe was the player of the match for me. Every time the ball came near him he was dynamite on both offense and defense. That sneak peek at Ugbo and Buchanan’s oh so close crossbar bicycle kick just goes to show how much Canada soccer is in good hands for many years ahead. Exciting times for the red and white.

:gocan:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1