The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

It wasn't an oil painting, but it was a win and I'm sure the Caps will take it.

That being said, the must lead the Universe in penalties conceded. They have to do something about that. The only thing surprising about the call to Levis was that the ref missed it in real time. Totally obvious. Crepeau is also tipping his hat far too early on those penalties.

im done with the caps, Tuesday when the transfer window ends, and caps arent adding anyone new, even with reyna going down for a month, while looking at the transactions of other clubs, they all adding more players and some are actually gonna make them better, but of coarse caps do crap all ....i really hope fans stop going to the games...i really do

Frustrates me more if fans keep supporting the team that barely beat the other crappy team dallas, and everyone knows caps have scoring issues, but they rather do nothing to improve that, and keep looking like they should be relegated to a lower tier league 

Timbers Army are going to support the Southsiders  and join in on their 3rd symbolic walk out during the match this Friday.

The Southsiders didn't care for how the last meeting with Whitecaps brass went.

Anyway, I am enjoying that the fans are reminding the owners who the real boss'es are. Without customers, there is no business.

• Upvote 2

On 5/7/2019 at 5:07 PM, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

im done with the caps, Tuesday when the transfer window ends, and caps arent adding anyone new, even with reyna going down for a month, while looking at the transactions of other clubs, they all adding more players and some are actually gonna make them better, but of coarse caps do crap all ....i really hope fans stop going to the games...i really do

Frustrates me more if fans keep supporting the team that barely beat the other crappy team dallas, and everyone knows caps have scoring issues, but they rather do nothing to improve that, and keep looking like they should be relegated to a lower tier league 

It was Colorado. And I’d rather they stay the course than panic buy. Apparently there are a couple of higher profile attacking targets they may be looking at, but for whatever reason not this window. 

Good first half tonight, not so great second half but they were able to hang on. 

The supporters from both clubs did their symbolic walk out again at the 35 min - watching the Portland fans walk out was certainly noticeable. 

6 hours ago, apollo said:

Wow we're actually in a playoff spot... Hopefully they can keep it up. 

They have moments where they have looked very good. Those moments are starting to come a little more often (crossing fingers).

3 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Have they turned a corner?   Were Halford and Brough correct in their preseason summation?  Not to get all Sekeres with it but.......

wouldnt hold your breathe, we still only score 1 goal, it woulda been 1-1 or possibly 1-2 portland , but our goalie made a couple great saves in the 2nd half to keep it 1-0

The southsiders are a disgrace of supporters group. I see right through the facade they put up.

They are using a decade old situation as an excuse to go after ownership over a lack of investment in the first team.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

The southsiders are a disgrace of supporters group. I see right through the facade they put up.

They are using a decade old situation as an excuse to go after ownership over a lack of investment in the first team.

This take is really off base. An argument could be made that they are using this (and other allegations) to pressure management to remove Lenarduzzi - it really symbolizes the poor job he has done and I am of the mind that he should be fired. 

Saying that they are using this for something as short sighted as a lack of spending in 1 or 2 transfer window is as ridiculous as it sounds. 

2 hours ago, Jack_T said:

This take is really off base. An argument could be made that they are using this (and other allegations) to pressure management to remove Lenarduzzi - it really symbolizes the poor job he has done and I am of the mind that he should be fired. 

Saying that they are using this for something as short sighted as a lack of spending in 1 or 2 transfer window is as ridiculous as it sounds. 

Lenarduzzi is management. The highest form of it. If you are talking about ownership, that is is different.

This was major story in 2015 and the original incident happened over a decade ago. 

They are spoiled. They don't understand or respect tactics. They want to play a certain way. They want it their way.

It is pitiful. They are not true fans of the beautiful game. The quicker we can change this gross culture surrounding the sport in the city (and in many ways, the country) the better.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Lenarduzzi is management. The highest form of it. If you are talking about ownership, that is is different.

This was major story in 2015 and the original incident happened over a decade ago. 

They are spoiled. They don't understand or respect tactics. They want to play a certain way. They want it their way.

It is pitiful. They are not true fans of the beautiful game. The quicker we can change this gross culture surrounding the sport in the city (and in many ways, the country) the better.

Whatever you say man.

12 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Lowest attendance in 6 years and a game that was the pits.

What a shame.

I asked a while ago is our current owner is trying to move our team.  It's like all the cover up scandals, lack of signings, and poor play are too much to believe are just coincidental.  

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I asked a while ago is our current owner is trying to move our team.  It's like all the cover up scandals, lack of signings, and poor play are too much to believe are just coincidental.  

It would make sense. 

I have no idea.

Smells like big ego's are in that club though. 

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I was flipping back and forth between channels, so I missed what happened, but the announcers were complaining about a VAR call that they got wrong. Anyone know what the deal was?

Ali Adnan brushed his hand against an Atlanta player and the player fell to the ground.  A completely minor incident especially on replay.  For some reason the VAR official thought the ref should look at it again on video.  Very strange and time-wasting. 

One thing- I thought perhaps the VAR official thought the Atlanta player should be given a yellow card for diving but the reason for the ref's review was never really explained.  

• Cheers 1

On 5/16/2019 at 1:17 PM, Alflives said:

Jeebus, I give thanks every night that these guys don't own the Canucks.  The Aquilini's should own the Whitecaps.  They'd put some real money into the club.

I've seen the 'Caps on the other end of so many late equalizers over the years, that I just loved yesterday's result. Fantastic strike by Cornelius and I'm a bit ashamed as a fan to say that I didn't even know who he was, when I tuned in.

For most of the match, it looked like a typical Whitecaps road game. An early deficit and very little pushback.

Then, one of Sporting's players is given a (deserved) straight red and I'm thinking "maybe there's a chance here". That hope is dashed later on, when moments after Dos Santos uses his last substitute, Danil Henry pulls a hamstring and has to leave the game. With both teams down to 10 men, I wasn't as optimistic, although the 'Caps are starting to generate some chances.

And then, in injury time, Adnan to Cornelius....:frantic: