The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

<p>

Too much canned music.  The fans should be left to make their own noise.

Do we give DJ Dave the pink slip?

It's not the dj, it's the 10,000+ suits;enough to kill the atmosphere for everybody else. The price of a Canuck single game is almost enough for an entire whitecap season.

Too much canned music. The fans should be left to make their own noise.

Do we give DJ Dave the pink slip?

There is more than enough silence during gameplay that could be filled with noise. Most just choose not to do so.

Rogers Arena is not as quiet as everyone keeps saying. There are far less mics in Rogers Arena than most other stadiums. In saying that, it def could be louder. I have been to a playoff game in LA last year, it is not louder than Rogers Arena, but it does look that way on TV, because they have a ton of mics in their crowed.

Do you think the day will ever come when they'll open up the upper tier for Whitecaps games?

I don't just mean a one off important game, I'm talking about every game. You seem to get a good atmosphere going (which is unusual for North America) with only ~20,000 people, so having it open would be a big boost. And a better atmosphere does help the team.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

Do you think the day will ever come when they'll open up the upper tier for Whitecaps games?

I don't just mean a one off important game, I'm talking about every game. You seem to get a good atmosphere going (which is unusual for North America) with only ~20,000 people, so having it open would be a big boost. And a better atmosphere does help the team.

The 'Caps did use the whole stadium in their first existence in '83 and '84. The first game there still holds the record, I believe, for attendance at BC Place at 60 300, or so.

I had seasons tickets both years at the Dome and attendance was great when it first opened. There wasn't a great amount of chanting, but, the atmosphere was still good based on the sheer number of people. As the novelty of the stadium wore off, crowds shrank, but, they were always amongst the biggest in the NASL until the league folded in '84.

Even before the 'Caps moved to the Dome, they regularly had crowds in excess of 30 000 at Old Empire. The atmosphere there was way better than at BC Place. Open air. Elements. Scenery. The Wave. The "Posts" we had to sit behind. The Nalley's Chips section behind the North goal. Good times. My Dunbar Stong's team got to be ballboys at a game once. Truly a night to remember!

MLS will have to grow to the heyday of the late '70's and early '80's NASL before the Dome is open again for every 'Caps game. They aren't even selling out the lower bowl now, so spreading the crowd of 20 000 throughout the cavernous BC Place would surely dilute the positive football atmosphere that is alive and well now. Keep the lid closed until demand for seats rises!

Go 'Caps!

PS - Nice little run the boys are on right now! Keep it up!

:towel::canucks:

Edited by lof

Up next a desperate New England side. Hopefully the travel across east and having played a midweek match won't have too much effect on the Caps. Will be very happy on a draw on this. Reckon Rennie will go conservative or all out on the lineup?

Up next a desperate New England side. Hopefully the travel across east and having played a midweek match won't have too much effect on the Caps. Will be very happy on a draw on this. Reckon Rennie will go conservative or all out on the lineup?

It depends on how much interest Rennie seriously has in winning the Canadian championship. Toronto will comparatively be well rested, and if we force out the same top players after only 3 days rest, that could be very problematic. Then again, it is only Toronto, lol. Regardless, I think we're going to be seeing even more rotation than we have already this month.

Christ I always think the coverage for the Lions is bad, I can hardly ever find anything Whitecaps related on SNET or Team 1040. It's quite frustrating, I'm sick of the relentless hockey/Canuck coverage in this city/country.

TEAM 1410 is the Caps' official radio broadcaster.

Wow...like no one there at the game???

15 roughly. Game was hardly promoted, and they listed the wrong start time on their site, which left a lot of season ticket holders getting their late.

On the bright side, the Seattle game this Sat is sold out already.

Game on Saturday is close to sold out already.

The Whitecaps should get rid of the family section in the north end. It is so dead in that section, and less and less people are deciding to sit there. Let another support group in the North End.