The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

I a very excited to see how my six guys do tonight, having just gotten in from a great lunch, where I had a grilled cheese, burger. Three kinds of cheese, great patti, all around amazing burger, from Original Joe's. So tasty....but i digress...

San Jose Sharks Captain Danny Briere along with Assistant Captain Sami Salo will lead Justin Falk, Andrew Gordon and Kyle Brodziak into action tonight, where after one period on the ice, Danny is indeed leading the way with 5 fantasy points already!!! Sami Lepisto is a healthy scratch tonight.

Are you talking about buying out a contract?

If say someone has hypothetical player Shmian Shmicabe and they want to get rid of him all together. They just waive him and say they are terminating the contract and it works as a buyout?

I'm a little kicked up on painkillers today so if I look foolish I'm sorry.

This was not intended as a buyout option. It's more of an extra step before releasing a player after he's signed to play in Europe or the KHL. Buyouts can only happen within the designated buyout windows, which is one week between June 23rd and July 1st, and another week in September.

Regarding this purely hypothetical player though, you can always place him on waivers and hope for the best. You never know, someone might claim him.

Sorry for the anguish there Venom52...I would be tearing my hair out by now watching a rookie take my team in a totally different direction, and making rookie mistakes here and there as well. If it helps to console you even a little, I have done the math, and if injuries were not a factor, you would be proud of where we could be in the standings. As of last night 9 injured souls on board...and that is too many to coast by and wait on.

I understand. I wasn't saying it was a bad move, it just is funny watching someone else make moves that I wouldn't have done if I were GM, still not saying that this is a bad deal beacuse Boll can get alot of points via pim, whereas Kreider isn't getting too many at the moment, but will get alot more in the future.

I probably would not have done this deal back before Halloween..but having slid somewhere like eleven spots since then in the standings, I think it is a worthwhile exchange. Hang though San Jose fan....your about to watch a magical ride up from 23rd place.

Just remember PO, it was only a few weeks ago that the Jets were in 26th place. Only a few days ago, the Oilers were in 11th in the Conference, now they're only a few points out of the division lead and 3rd seed in the West.

No team is out of it right now. Some just have bigger hurdles to get past.

This was not intended as a buyout option. It's more of an extra step before releasing a player after he's signed to play in Europe or the KHL. Buyouts can only happen within the designated buyout windows, which is one week between June 23rd and July 1st, and another week in September.

Regarding this purely hypothetical player though, you can always place him on waivers and hope for the best. You never know, someone might claim him.

Just remember PO, it was only a few weeks ago that the Jets were in 26th place. Only a few days ago, the Oilers were in 11th in the Conference, now they're only a few points out of the division lead and 3rd seed in the West.

No team is out of it right now. Some just have bigger hurdles to get past.

RUMOUR: The fact that Kyle Turris© is taking up a roster spot and will continue to hold a spot all season is starting to frustrate da.moose and in spite of his superstar potential and steal of a contract, could potentially be had for the right price. GM da.moose refused to comment on the manner but the asking price is likely fairly high.

RUMOUR: The fact that Kyle Turris© is taking up a roster spot and will continue to hold a spot all season is starting to frustrate da.moose and in spite of his superstar potential and steal of a contract, could potentially be had for the right price. GM da.moose refused to comment on the manner but the asking price is likely fairly high.

just realized my post didn't go through. Stupid phones, I hate when that happens. dry.gif

[Activation] The Ottawa Senators would like to activate Nino Nieddereiter of the LTIR. Nino was going to make his much anticipated debut tonight but because of a technical error it has been put off till Tuesday.

[Assign] To make room for Nino, the Ottawa Senators would like to assign Alex Plante to the Windsor Warriors.

MILLER OUT WITH A CONCUSSION; LUCIC SET FOR SHANAHAN MEETING

1_81923.jpg

The Buffalo Sabres will be without Ryan Miller for an undetermined amount of time because of a concussion. Sabres general manager Darcy Regier told the Buffalo News on Sunday night, that the netminder, who was run over by Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic in the first period of Saturday's loss, will not suit up on Monday against the Canadiens.

The hit eventually forced Miller from the game after the second period.

As a result, Lucic has a disciplinary hearing tomorrow at 1pm et with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan.

Miller called out Lucic after the game and Regier echoed his sentiments today.

"If this hit and other types of hits like this are not suspended, we are opening up the possibility of losing goaltenders to injury," Regier told the News. "And not just injury, but concussion.

"When I look at the position of goaltending, in a lot of ways it's not unlike quarterback in football," Regier continued. "I feel very strongly the protection has to be provided and players committing these types of action should be punished."

While Miller was feeling better today according to Regier, the goaltender is out for an undetermined amount of time and will be replaced on the roster by Drew MacIntyre, whom the Sabres recalled from Rochester (AHL) today.

Jhonas Enroth will start in net for the Sabres on Monday night in Montreal.

Archived