The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Chelsea FC and the Vancouver Whitecaps FC

Recently been thinking of following a second club on the side. Deciding between Stuttgart and Valencia, but can't claim to be a fan of any other club.

No international support for same reason as Lil Bug

back in the day, I watched Ligue 1 almost exclusively (lost cable, but we got some weird French channel that would show PSG and Lyon games). Lyon had a total monopoly on the league, but I liked PSG because of Pauleta -- he was a cheap goal machine in Championship Manager back in the day. but I maintain it's a pretty good league to follow. Times have changed, but back then Lyon had Govou, Juninho, Malouda, Elber, etc. PSG had Pauleta, Ronaldinho. Drogba was a solid player, and you had French talent like Giuly around.

I dunno, people talk sh-t on Ligue 1, but I think it's worth checking out. Unfortunate that PSG now has a monopoly. but again, I guess this is no different from Lyon dominating the league for like 7 years in 2000-

Manchester City.

cursory follow of Notts County.

In order.

Argentina, Boca Juniors, Chelsea.

Can't talk about South American football around here as most people in Canada are obsessed with star power over quality and passion.

I'd love to be able to watch games on tv. If I ever make it to Argentina I would love to go to a game. I've seen bits and pieces on youtube and it looks really fun.

In order.

Argentina, Boca Juniors, Chelsea.

Can't talk about South American football around here as most people in Canada are obsessed with star power over quality and passion.

Cannot talk about South American football because their hooligans will shoot me in an alleyway.

Korea Republic, Bayer Leverkusen, Swansea City

Edited by Bob.Loblaw
  • Upvote 1

since err body expanding

England: Manchester United

Germany: Dortmund

Italy: Juve

Spain: Barcelona

MLS: Whitecaps

Internationally: Netherlands

My die hard teams are man u and whitecaps

favourite players: Memphis / Pedro Morales / Neymar

Edited by Neymar

what team does everyone support? i like manchester united.

See avatar.

That's pretty much it. I just enjoy watching any games from Bundesliga, EPL, and occasionally La Liga.. along with the usual CL/EL matches.

I'm a far more casual fan than the nutters in this thread. :lol:

I was always too involved in the other leagues (NHL, NFL, etc.) so it's nice to just be a casual fan. Makes it more enjoyable.

Edited by Mr. Ambien