The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Trophies... maybe. Best league... arguable. Highest recognition... probably. Pep could be a reason as well.

For Auba in particular:

Auba has a contract until 2020. He repeated several times he'd prefer Real and/or La Liga. He's not the best suited striker for Pep's system. City has Aguero. Auba stated he's currently happy at the club. We just gave away two key players in Hummels and Gündogan. Mkhitaryan also a big question mark. Unlikely we'll sell a third. Much less a fourth key player. 

For once we have the advantage over the other club and the player. It just doesn't make any sense for us. It would require an unreasonable amount of money. A couple of years ago in times where no FFP existed, there would have been a chance. And yes, at that time I wouldn't have put it past City's management to make that move.

Apparently we are waiting to sign Zlatan till next month so he can get a huge loyalty bonus from PSG.

According to the same article Jose is intrested in bringing Pogba and Bonucci. Perosnally don't think Bonucci will happen, but there is the slightest chance we might get Pogba. Di Marzio is claiming Juve are trying to get Pjanic and Kovacic. 

I wonder why di Marzio is considered reliable. So far I haven't seen any difference to BILD for example. He's just taking good guesses. And a whole lot of them. And sometimes it might happen he hits something. With rumours linked to us, he was almost always wrong. According to him we have signed Ranocchia, El Shaarawy and many others.

1 hour ago, Lateralus91 said:

I wonder why di Marzio is considered reliable. So far I haven't seen any difference to BILD for example. He's just taking good guesses. And a whole lot of them. And sometimes it might happen he hits something. With rumours linked to us, he was almost always wrong. According to him we have signed Ranocchia, El Shaarawy and many others.

He is not always correct in everything he says, but he hits way more than he misses. 

That being said, I think journalists were super quick to jump on the Auba transfer which seems like there is no actual deal even remotely close to being done.

9 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

Trophies... maybe. Best league... arguable. Highest recognition... probably. Pep could be a reason as well.

For Auba in particular:

Auba has a contract until 2020. He repeated several times he'd prefer Real and/or La Liga. He's not the best suited striker for Pep's system. City has Aguero. Auba stated he's currently happy at the club. We just gave away two key players in Hummels and Gündogan. Mkhitaryan also a big question mark. Unlikely we'll sell a third. Much less a fourth key player. 

For once we have the advantage over the other club and the player. It just doesn't make any sense for us. It would require an unreasonable amount of money. A couple of years ago in times where no FFP existed, there would have been a chance. And yes, at that time I wouldn't have put it past City's management to make that move.

I haven't followed football for a while now... Stumbled into this thread and read this post. Googled Hummels transfer and I am shocked. Never saw this coming. With Gotze and Lewa I wasn't too surprised but this... Man I hate Bayern....

My allegiance is well-known to most in this circle.  But for those who don't know...Italy.

But yeah, we're missing a lot of key guys.  Hopefully a few young individuals on the team can get some big game experience.

I'll be happy with we make it out of the group and win a round or so.  Anything after that is dreamland.