The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

16 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Have fun buddy. Who are you rooting for? I'm rooting for France or Portugal. :) fingers crossed

As a German fan, I never want to see us lose, but I wouldn't mind France winning if Germany gets knocked out.

On the other hand, Portugal has been floating by and hasn't really played like a championship team. Of course there are still two games to show otherwise, but to fail to win in the first 90 minutes of any game is quite poor.

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

Have fun buddy. Who are you rooting for? I'm rooting for France or Portugal. :) fingers crossed

Thx man, it should be fun. Starting off in Paris on Sunday then making way down to Marseille, Barcelona and maybe Ibiza, depending on how my liver feels by then. 

I usually cheer for a South American team, big Messi fan so I don't have a horse in the race for the Euro. But I would like to see France do well, I always like the German game and I cheer for Portugal as well. Glad they won today, another close one. 

I'd like France to at least make the Semis because I have extra tickets for the game which I'm going to sell and hopefully with France in I could get more money for them...... Either way It'll be a fun trip. 

8 hours ago, CanucksMadrid said:

Not following the Euro after getting my heart broken again, but since I don't know if this news arrive to Germany, all Dortmund fans need to know how disgusting Aubameyang is. He is in a little town close to Madrid on holidays bc his grandma was born there (last time he came he was 1) and he has talked every week to the media and he says how excited he is about playing in Spain, he wants to play for Atletico or Real bc it's a dream of his granpa... I don't really care, but it's really disgusting since he still has a contract with another team. And he just came to Spain to let teams and people know he wants to play here. What a piece of $&!#. 

That's kinda common knowledge here. He never made a secret out of his desire to play in Spain once. He has a contract until 2020. So if someone wants to have him we're going to command a ridiculous amount of money for him. I would be fine with that. He's a good striker, no doubt. But as (our) history has shown: nobody is irreplaceable.

12 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Thx man, it should be fun. Starting off in Paris on Sunday then making way down to Marseille, Barcelona and maybe Ibiza, depending on how my liver feels by then. 

I usually cheer for a South American team, big Messi fan so I don't have a horse in the race for the Euro. But I would like to see France do well, I always like the German game and I cheer for Portugal as well. Glad they won today, another close one. 

I'd like France to at least make the Semis because I have extra tickets for the game which I'm going to sell and hopefully with France in I could get more money for them...... Either way It'll be a fun trip. 

Good idea haha. France are guaranteed a semi final spot but can't count out Iceland. They've been a pleasant surprise. I'll be shocked if they beat France. The whole nation would go against them big time.