The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Saw the Evans link.  Doubtful.  I'd rather just use Holding or Chambers.

I fully expect Lacazette or Mahrez, if not both, to get done.  Mustafi is probable too.

I also saw that Draxler was again being linked to us.  That should have got done two years ago.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

They are closer now are they not? They should qualify for next season. Mourinho in charge they are good enough to finish kn the top 4 of the Prem no?

Yes on paper we have a very good squad, but the game isn't played on paper. My personal expectation for next season is a title challenge, and at least one cup win. 

4 hours ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Yes on paper we have a very good squad, but the game isn't played on paper. My personal expectation for next season is a title challenge, and at least one cup win. 

Exactly, could as well be like Real Madrid in the 2000s. They were just buying names, not players. Ended up with just 3 domestic titles after 2002 up until 2011 while having netto transfer expenditures of about 600m € during that period.

Manchester United 'perfect' for Paul Pogba, says Jose Mourinho
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ted-perfect-for-paul-pogba-says-jose-mourinho

"United is the perfect club to bring him to the level he wants to be," Mourinho said after his side beat Leicester 2-1 at Wembley to win the Community Shield.

"The Premier League is the perfect habitat if you want to be the best player in the world. If you go to Barca or Madrid you are in trouble, because I don't think the other two big guys will let you develop to that level.

"Here he has the conditions to develop in the biggest worldwide championship, with a team that wants to bring Manchester United to the top again. We have everything to give him. Money he will get in any big club. He comes because he knows the club, the city, many of the players and to be part of the Man United project.

"If it goes well in the medical, which I think he will - I see on Instagram he does kung-fu, karate, running, basketball, football - everything, so he must be fit - on Tuesday I will be there waiting for him, if that is the situation for us.

"This has been a good window for us; [Eric] Bailly, Pogba, [Zlatan] Ibrahimobvic, [Henrikh] Mkhitaryan. One defender, one midfielder, one striker, one creative. The squad is good.

"But we need to work a lot. We need more weeks of work. I am happy that for three weeks we have just a match for the weekend."

• Upvote 1