The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Dual screens are needed today.

Although I have no allegiance to Spurs I find them entertaining af to watch, even against CSKA anything can happen with a side like Tottenham, makes for some entertaining footy to watch as a neutral.

BvB and Real needs no explanation, it will be interesting to see how Coentrao does at fullback. One thing is for sure a great day of football is ahead of us lads.

After the gym its time to breakout the gin, perfect for a 11:45 kick off

14 minutes ago, Lateralus91 said:

Geez. Should have won this. Finishing was not our strong suit today. Real was quite fortunate with Clattenburg's decisions as well.

Being a Real fan myself as well I'm quite pleased with the result. Both teams showed what they're capable of doing as they both are favourites to advance in their group

13 minutes ago, CanucksMadrid said:

I dont want to offend anyone, but how can people overseas be a Real Madrid fan. They are the worst. 

Because of exposure. Up until recently when streaming became a relatively decent thing, most North Americans only had exposure to big clubs. When I was younger, it was either Manchester United, Arsenal, or Liverpool. Nobody else in England got consistent coverage. I don't think we even had Barcelona coverage - only Madrid. I had some French channel that would cover Lyon and PSG, but other than that? Maybe the odd AC Milan game or something. 

It's easy to support Madrid when they have an exciting rotation of superstars and they are the only team we get a sort of heroic narrative for.

Not a fan myself, but I think that's pretty much how people get on board here in NA.

• Upvote 1