The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Best result possible. Portugal wins but Ronaldo wasn't part of it. Not even 0.1% due to him. A bit part player on a team that can win without him. That will hurt his pride far more than his injury will hurt him.

I dislike both teams so I'm an impartial viewer. I just want Portugal to win, because this may have been the least convincing championship win in any sport I've seen, let alone just soccer.

Edit: goes for the whole tournament, not just this lackluster finale.

Edited by g_bassi13

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

The Euro was a joke this year. You knew something like this would happen when you allow 3rd place teams make the knockout stage. 

So?  They are winning in the knockout stage though...

5 minutes ago, Captain Woodget said:

Best result possible. Portugal wins but Ronaldo wasn't part of it. Not even 0.1% due to him. A bit part player on a team that can win without him. That will hurt his pride far more than his injury will hurt him.

w0t. 

LOL...they wouldn't have even made it without him...relax buddy..

6 minutes ago, Captain Woodget said:

So salty :lol:

• Upvote 1

What a crock of $&!#. The team that I did not want to win did. Portugal had no business winning the tournament, under the usual format they would have been knocked out of the group stages. How you could get out of the group stage with not a single win is a complete farce.

Honestly, this was one cringe-worthy final to watch. Very lackluster.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

w0t. 

LOL...they wouldn't have even made it without him...relax buddy..

They really would have. They'd still have drawn the Hungary game, and he's such a focus of their game, they play better without him.