The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

why did we trade cody hodgson

bronski beat

Pahlsson with a sweet short-handed assist for Higgins - for his fifth point as a Canucks while playingi a shut down role. Pahlsson - one of the many reasons the Canucks traded Hodgson.

p.s. Pahlsson is a Canuck - thought this thread could use a little Canucks talk.

It's pretty straight forward actually.

Doctors rely on patient input to diagnose.

If a patient is less than forth coming either intentionally or unintentionally it makes that diagnosis difficult.

Compound that with the fact that back, especially lower back, injuries are notoriously difficult to diagnose properly and the fact that a bulging disc had been diagnose its understandable why a muscle year went undetected.

Undetected not only by Canucks doctors but Cody's own doctors.

Just because Cody may have been "surprised" and "he did not ask for a trade" does not rule out his Daddy, or Richie-boy Winters, asking/lobbying for a move, or a change in his "status" on the team .. time will reveal all I am sure .. in the meantime .. lets move on .

You seem to take issue with lawyer personally and seem not to understand the profession.

You may call it "covering your ass" however dealing with contracts requires special skills that very few non-lawyers have.

The lawyering in the NHL seems to have started more so on the player agent side.

A guy like MG had experience as a player agent so it only makes sense to hire someone on your side of negotiations who understands the other side.

Not to mention dealing with the player union, the NHL head offices and the amount of money now involved.

It's a no brainer actually.

No team would benefit from having no lawyers on their side. Especially when the other sides are "lawyered up" and legally binding contracts are the norm.

Add to that a need to understand concepts such as:

- arbitration/mediation

- anti-trust

- immigration

- tax law etc

I love your implementing your own agenda from hearsay/innuendo.

I suggest Cody is enrolled in a prestigious Canadian law firm in the off season and was qualified to successfully sue the Canucks for malpractise and when Gillis got wind of it Cody all but assured MG that Cody was then gunning for his job after the what would be a slam-dunk trial.

Gillis freaked out and offered .Cody the captain's position,profit sharing from the Acquilin's own pockets and a second line centre position once Kesler was dumped.

Cody,not wanting to take his own team to trial but with a decision all but assured , decided to bow out gracefully to allow Gillis to look like he had the upper hand.

It was win-win all around.

This is as believeable as you and Baggins accusations.

I love your implementing your own agenda from hearsay/innuendo.

I suggest Cody is enrolled in a prestigious Canadian law firm in the off season and was qualified to successfully sue the Canucks for malpractise and when Gillis got wind of it Cody all but assured MG that Cody was then gunning for his job after the what would be a slam-dunk trial.

Gillis freaked out and offered .Cody the captain's position,profit sharing from the Acquilin's own pockets and a second line centre position once Kesler was dumped.

Cody,not wanting to take his own team to trial but with a decision all but assured , decided to bow out gracefully to allow Gillis to look like he had the upper hand.

It was win-win all around.

This is as believeable as you and Baggins accusations.

Archived