The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pgt Nux 5-4 Dux.

Jaimito

Oh my god! The Sportsnet guys are pathetic...

Apparently the Canucks are in "absolute turmoil" because we have a goalie controversy and our powrplay has gone dry. Forget the fact that we're tied for first in the league though.

If we're in turmoil, I wonder what word you would use to describe the Leafs. I don't even think I could come up with one.

Apparently the Canucks are in "absolute turmoil" because we have a goalie controversy and our powrplay has gone dry. Forget the fact that we're tied for first in the league though.

If we're in turmoil, I wonder what word you would use to describe the Leafs. I don't even think I could come up with one.

it's not even about them having confidence in him though, sometimes a coach pulls the goalie to say "you guys are playing like crap wake the hell up" and i honestly believe that was the case tonight because yes Luongo wasn't great but our defense was HORRIBLE tonight as well, and 0 for 5 on the pp and 2 for our last 30 concerns me more than Luongo right now

Did not get a chance to watch the whole game, but the win was a huge relief. Really disappointed with the defensive collapses in the game...lots great moments, though, by the rest of the team. The first line had a wicked night. And Max Lapierre is on fire! Great shootout goal, I honestly thought it didn't go in. Glad for Edler's assist and his shootout goal. One more point until he hits the 50 point mark for the season! :)

Whenever there are defensive collapses like tonight, even when we win, it's still like a dark cloud hanging over me. Happy for the win, but there's still that nagging feeling. I hope it was a good wake up call for the team. Really can't let that happen in the playoffs.

haha and some guy on team 1040 is saying the dumbest stuff ever hahah he claims to know that the only reason Luongo was in the gold medal game was because fleury was injured... And Lu doesnt deserve credit for the gold medal.. :picard::picard::picard::picard:

I hear ya. The forum is getting ridiculous wholly because of this flame war being passed off as debate. You can't even state an opinion for or against either goalie's performance without being lumped in with a crock full of prepubescent knuckleheads.

The Luongo =/= Shneiderman stuff has been getting pathological around here for a long time now and it can tank a decent thread in a millisecond. The GDT today is a perfect example. It was a whole lot of bashing and very little opining on the actual game. Lu had a bad game. So what? Name one top player who hasn't had a bad game or 50? And yes, Shneids is awesome, great at being the rally point when sloppy defending truly did leave Lu hanging. Obvious points like that are obvious in their redundancy.

Some folks 'round these parts really need to give this crap a big giant frikin rest. If Lu has a soft night there's nothing wrong with pointing it out, same same with Shneiderman. It's now at a point beyond ridiculous. The minute one thing is said on either side of this happy-crappy flame war the peanut gallery here marginalizes you as either Lu haters or Shneiderman b!tches. Some of us have a few more brain cells and don't automatically need to resort to a retarded 'us vs them' mentality.

Cripes, we've got 2 stellar goalies, and commenting on the play of both does not a hater make. 11 shots, 4 goals. Guess what? Lu was soft tonight. I don't worship Satan or eat kittens because I'm saying the dude played soft. In fact I'm allowed to say Lu is a bit sucky once and while and still know full well he's an overall bad a$$. Really, this back and forth sh!te is dumbing down this forum big time.

Archived