The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Not Lu For Hedman?

Ok so lets say Lu actually moves his NTC to go to Tampa (Which is very likely considering his family is in Florida and there will be less pressure on him)

Would he be worth Victor Hedman in trade value? A star being traded for an unproven but still young and likely to be star.

The way we here in Vancouver see it, Lu is only as good as Schneide but in TB Lu looks like gold.

I don't think Luongo has that much trade value at all to be honest...

1) He hasn't played well in the most important games.

2) He is under contract for 12 more years

3) He gets to choose his destination due to his NTC which means there will not be any type of bidding war.

If Luongo is willing to go to Tampa Bay and Yzerman wants him then Yzerman has all the power in the situation. He could say "4th round pick, take it or leave it" and if the Nucks wanna go with Schneider they will have no other option and will have to accept.

I don't see Luongo giving the Canucks more than one option and I can't see too many teams lining up to acquire Luongo. If he does however, then his value will be way higher.

I don't think Luongo has that much trade value at all to be honest...

1) He hasn't played well in the most important games.

2) He is under contract for 12 more years

3) He gets to choose his destination due to his NTC which means there will not be any type of bidding war.

If Luongo is willing to go to Tampa Bay and Yzerman wants him then Yzerman has all the power in the situation. He could say "4th round pick, take it or leave it" and if the Nucks wanna go with Schneider they will have no other option and will have to accept.

I don't see Luongo giving the Canucks more than one option and I can't see too many teams lining up to acquire Luongo. If he does however, then his value will be way higher.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA thats hillarious! Name a goalie that is cheaper then luongo by cap hit and has better numbers? List is short. Luongo will fetch a nice return if traded bank on it. Gillis aint gonna throw him away u can be sure of that.

Any trade involving Luongo will likely involve a cap dump like Ohlund. Not a big deal either way, we'll probably eat his contract in the minors, though I feel bad for doing something like that to Ohlund...then again, he may never play again.

Yah, I don't see a lot coming back the other way for Lu. NO chance we get Hedman. Like other poster said, TB got us right where they want us ie. they've got upper hand on this. Everyone knows that Lui will give a list of 2 teams at most, Tampa or Florida.

Archived