The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'd Rather Keep Luongo Than Schneider

Sixteen W's

I agree keeping Luongo makes more sense. He's much more proven.

Sure Schneider seems to be the better goalie, but he could just as well turn into a Cory Crawford as opposed to a Patrick Roy like some little kiddies on here are saying.

Luongo is not already gone like some peope are saying. If Gillis convinces him that Schneider's gone and he's the number 1 there's still a good chance he stays.

Well Mr de niro ...you choose a goalie with a 2.41 GAA and .919 SP over a goalie who posted a 1.96 GAA and SP of .937. I suppose you would pick a 20 goal scorer over a 30 goal scorer...all else being equal. You only choose to talk about 3-4 playoff games and discount the season Schneider has had. His technical superiority is so evident...but...you keep wearing your Luongo jersey..it will at least keep you warm.. and I salute your allegiance but not your logic.

what ever is in your water I want some. Don't get me wrong I have always supported luongo, but ever since he got this hudge contract he has stopped playing. If you compare the number of games Schneider played to the same number of games out of the ones luo. played schneider comes out on top. As far as the better trade goes, if you trade Schneider you will get a alright player and maybe a draft pick. If you trade Luongo you free up almost 90 million dollars over the next 10 years, giving them enough to purchase an allstar player. When Luongo is on his game he is amazing but when he isnt he has 2 typical moves spread his legs and fall on his stomach. Plus based on his interview he did everything but admit that he wants to be traded. So my vote is Trade Luongo!!!

Luongo is getting too old, maybe 3-4 good years left. Lets be honest, hes lost it... Im tired of watch him flop around and face plant every time. Bad goals at bad times, no more "big saves" when we need it most.

Schnieder is only 26 and is ready to take control. He is way more fundamentally sound, you have to be blind not to notice that he is the better goalie. Younger, better, cheaper.... which way would you go?

To me its not about Cory, its about the team. Honestly I dont watch hockey to watch goalies. I know they are a part of it but in no way is my focus is on Cory for some idolising reason.

I dont have a a crystal ball, but I can assure you I watched every single game this team has played for many years. From the previous three playoff series, I have seen that Lu can be great and he can be horrible (Also the fact that we will see both sides of him in any given playoff). This is not stable goaltending, and we NEED stable goaltending. Cory is level and not just that he is great at what he does too, and he is also emotionally stable for this market. If we couldnt win with him last year, we will never win with him, think about it logically please!

People say we couldnt score a goal in the finals but that still doesnt make up for such blowout losses while we were exchanging shots with Boston and at times clearly outshooting them and out chancing them. I can go on and on about why Cory would be the better option, honestly but I just think if for a second you could let go of the attachment with Lu (which will be very tough to do) you will clearly see what we have in Cory is so unbelieveable...its a blessing, he is going to be incredible, just watch. We have landed on a gold mine, for real!!!

what ever is in your water I want some. Don't get me wrong I have always supported luongo, but ever since he got this hudge contract he has stopped playing. If you compare the number of games Schneider played to the same number of games out of the ones luo. played schneider comes out on top. As far as the better trade goes, if you trade Schneider you will get a alright player and maybe a draft pick. If you trade Luongo you free up almost 90 million dollars over the next 10 years, giving them enough to purchase an allstar player. When Luongo is on his game he is amazing but when he isnt he has 2 typical moves spread his legs and fall on his stomach. Plus based on his interview he did everything but admit that he wants to be traded. So my vote is Trade Luongo!!!

Simply, the Canucks would get a better return for Schneider than Luongo right now. Even if the team frees up Luongo's cap space, a bulk of that will go into Schneider's new contract.

The Canucks' window of opportunity depends on how long the Sedins can play at the level they're playing.

It's the lack of offense and defense that let Luongo down. Even with Schneider, this team just did nothing better to win.

The Canucks have had phenomenal goaltending with no offense when Luongo first got here, and it didn't work out. If Luongo wants out though, it's obviously his decision, and who could blame him?

I have no doubt that Luongo is a world class goalie, and he will pull a Bourque or Roy and win a cup if traded to the right team, and i will rightly cheer for him and more than likely take flack from my friends in Toronto and Calgary lol.

I agree that Luongo > Schneider at this moment, but for future impact and potential, Schneids will help us over the longer run and he also provided us with results even now. Luongo's peak is now and it's unfortunate that he didn't get it done here. It's unfortunate the environment, the culture, the expectation, whatever you call it here wasn't right for him to succeed, I would keep both if i could but neither of them is interested in being backup or doing a 1-1 tandem ala St Louis, so one has to go.

My only concern is Schneids never having had a full 60+ game season, but he's young, he has time to adapt. And i wouldn't mind trading a few more regular season game losses for the game he brought to this year's playoffs.

I have no doubt that Luongo is a world class goalie, and he will pull a Bourque or Roy and win a cup if traded to the right team, and i will rightly cheer for him and more than likely take flack from my friends in Toronto and Calgary lol.

I agree that Luongo > Schneider at this moment, but for future impact and potential, Schneids will help us over the longer run and he also provided us with results even now. Luongo's peak is now and it's unfortunate that he didn't get it done here. It's unfortunate the environment, the culture, the expectation, whatever you call it here wasn't right for him to succeed, I would keep both if i could but neither of them is interested in being backup or doing a 1-1 tandem ala St Louis, so one has to go.

My only concern is Schneids never having had a full 60+ game season, but he's young, he has time to adapt. And i wouldn't mind trading a few more regular season game losses for the game he brought to this year's playoffs.

I like Luongo, but him going frees up cap space and gives the Canucks a chance to have a great goalie that is young and has a chance to be the corner stone for years upon years. Its a win for the Canucks any way you slice it.

Actually, isn't Magikarp one of the most powerful pokemon in the games? He's the only pokemon you can actually find in the wild at level 99. Also, old Magikarp are known to be able to leap entire mountains. Considering that 71% of the world is covered in water, and Magikarp pretty much make up 90% of the world's sea activity, then that means that Magikarp has the numbers advantage and pretty much have you surrounded all the time. Also, if your Magikarp is down to 1hp, it's attack "flail" deals 200 base damage. That's pretty intense.

Archived