The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gillis, Vigneault Expected To Be Back

samirjaver

if they ever hired pat quinn I would immediately drop them as my team.

Pat Quinn was hired in edmonton 2 years ago and made a complete fool of himself yelling and

making stupid comments on tv about his team, 'a group of young players, upncoming stars, and

he talked like a coach 'out of touch' with the times, and I noticed they quickly shoved

him upstairs, never to be seen again, and tom rennie took over, and it was rennie who should

have taken the team to begin with, and not be quinn's assistant.

quinn is over the hill, he and don cherry would be very good together, they think alike.

I liked quinn years ago as a coach, but his methods are now out of touch with how advanced

the young players are now, both as players and people, things have moved along, and improved

but quinn has not.

I think they've had it up to *here* with the media and are just staying out of the limelight for the immediate future, letting things settle down, letting everyone get some perspective. There is absolutely no reason to fire AV, he is a good coach, we got ousted by what appears to be this year's Stanley Cup finalists, and our players were expecting a nice easy coast into the finals again.

The longer they wait the more level headed everyone gets (at least most). Smart move.

Hard to tell. The way the Kings are playing maybe some heat will be coming off AV. The shock of 1 seed losing to an 8 will be much more pallitable if the Kings go on to the finals or win the cup. Maybe the Kings were just that good because St Louis is a good club and look to be outclassed by the Kings.

It's not because we lost, it's how we lost. AV could not adjust his game and motivate his team in games 1 and 2. He got the best out of no one with his last minute end of season line juggling.

And we can't keep using injuries as an excuse. Teams fight through it. Crosby out most of the year, Pronger out all year.

i wouldnt mind having crawford back if he fits into gillis' plan. i liked him. lol. plus he has a cup ring and knows how to make a team work well in the playoffs as long they have goaltending, defense and offense.

schnieder

the depth of the blueline corps. but no true number 1 dman

the offense which is clearly there.

Somehow we should be believing that multi million dollar athletes should be self motivated!

Disciplined, occasionally (see Nashville), but if you rely on a coach to motivate the players, we have the wrong players!

Oh I wish we had Willie Mitchell back!

Welp if AV is the coach again next year... Stanley cup 13/14 is the dream!

If the guy can't motivate our players = no chance to win even if he is the best coach in the world.

Check out searches under lawsuit; Steve Moore vs Bertuzzi & Vancouver Canucks, co-defendant Marc Crawford!

:sick::picard::sadno:

i wouldnt mind having crawford back if he fits into gillis' plan. i liked him. lol. plus he has a cup ring and knows how to make a team work well in the playoffs as long they have goaltending, defense and offense.

schnieder

the depth of the blueline corps. but no true number 1 dman

the offense which is clearly there.

I respect AV, but I think this team needs a change behind the bench. Preferably someone whos not afraid to get mad at the players and yell, a John Tortorella type coach would be perfect.

Archived