The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Was The Canucks Worst Trade Ever

TACIC

The Canucks were well aware of what they had in Neely. The guy had previously scored 21 goals for this team. Neely was playing behind Smyl and Tanti, and was therefore somewhat expendable.

He was traded to upgrade another position. Pederson was a risk due to a previous shoulder condition, however he did well when he first got here (24g 52a in his first season). What made the deal bad is that Pederson got injured in succeeding seasons with the Canucks.

regards,

G.

Probably Linden. He was the Canucks and we traded him? However, in hindsight the trade doesn't look too bad. He brought us guys who were the core for us for a few years, and of course he came back home where he belongs.

Can't really think of any/many other bad trades for us in recent years. I mean we have had pretty decent trades or traded useless players for other useless players. Nothing to serious...and lets hope that streak continues.

But you can't factor just those two players. We lost a first round draft pick (and a high one at that!) in the trade. We basically got raped. We could have drafted Joe Sakic with that pick. And I'm pretty sure we'd have won the Cup possibly twice if that happened.

(Letting Larionov walk was another dumb move. I understand that Quinn didn't want to pay a player and the Russian Hockey Federation money, but here was a skilled centre who worked well with Bure, and got along well with him.)

Courtnall Sakic Linden/ Neely, Larionov, Bure = Cup

Hey, don't knock Grabner. His points are down this season because he was working on improving other aspects of his game, and he increased his numbers in certain areas from what he had last year, like games played (up 2 to 78) and penalty minutes (up 2 to 12)...

regards,

G.

PS - and I forgot to mention, his contract numbers improved by a large margin. :)

Hey, don't knock Grabner. His points are down this season because he was working on improving other aspects of his game, and he increased his numbers in certain areas from what he had last year, like games played (up 2 to 78) and penalty minutes (up 2 to 12)...

regards,

G.

PS - and I forgot to mention, his contract numbers improved by a large margin. :)

Hmmm... here are some that people haven't mentioned yet:

1. Traded Pavel Bure + others to the Florida Panthers for Ed Jovanovski + others

2. Adrian Aucoin and a 2nd round pick to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Dan Cloutier.

3. R.J. Umberger and Martin Grenier to the New York Rangers for Martin Rucinsky.

I'm not sure how this means he improved his game? When there is an increase in penalty minutes from a player like Grabner, this is not good. It means that instead of fighting other players, he is taking more penalties,which cost the team.Thus, how is this beneficial?

not the worst but this was bad and just going to throw it out there grabner- ballard not saying ballard is a complete bust, just saying they picked the wrong guy to send to fla. it should have been raymond going not grabs.

Archived