The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Sportsnet] Oilers Expected To Swap Picks With Columbus, Draft Ryan Murray

Well im pretty such Hodgson and Grabner were preforming well with limited ice time, and im pretty sure Schneider being outstanding in the AHL had very little to do with AV, and I've have spoken about this before and gave pretty good points as to why AV didn't develop these players.

I just don't feel like trying to find it.

Honestly, if I was EDM I'd trade my first overall to TBL for the 10th and 19th pick and maybe an early 2nd rd pick or prospect if necessary. Then draft Griffin Reinhart and Ludvik Bystrom or Slater Koekkoek for my D core.

EDM drafting Murray honestly makes no sense. They currently have 5 Dmen on one-way contracts( Whitney, Smid, Sutton, Schultz and Potter) and have to re-sign Petry and Peckham. Granted there D isn't stellar but if they re-sign Petry and Peckham that'll be 7 D-men on one-ways and thats not include Teubert and maybe Taylor Fedun pushing for a spot which is a waste of cap space and the returns they would get from any d trades would be minimal cause they know EDm needs to get rid of them to make space in the lineup.

They could also just keep the pik and draft Yakupov, then theyd have a top 6 of

Hall-RNH-Yakupov

paajarvu-Gagner-Eberle

Which to me looks pretty good.

IMO, Murray isn't high-end. He lacks elite offensive-skills and looks more like a good two-way player at the NHL-level.

And if the Oilers aren't planning to rush him, why not trade him for two first round picks and maybe a prospect in the top 20 that still builds your D and gives you two good defenders for your future?

Wow, I can guess of who you think of late at night based on all that love. I don't see him as either the future captain or face of the team, maybe if he could ever stay healthy he could be. For now Nuge is the face of the team, followed by eberle. Of their young 3 (hall, nuge, eberle) I would say he's actually the first to be traded of them

Future captain is a very bold statement to make about an undrafted player...

Boone Jenner is probably more likely a Troy Brouwer player.. The Linden comparrison is pretty off.

Your writing off Russians as a whole because they had a draft bust? What if Rick Nash had been a bust? Should they have avoided drafting Canadians?

Jenner is a slighly better prospect than Omark which is the difference between pick #1 and 2

So is Dumba. Extremely.

He's 6'0" 173lbs - unless he adds +30lbs and grows a couple inches, he won't be able to translate his hard hitting shutdown game to the NHL because the forwards are much bigger and faster and stronger here. He might be able to dominate the juniors, but his style of play requires him to be one of the bigger guys, and he wouldn't be that in the NHL.

I'd go with Griffin Reinhart, Morgan Rielly, Cody Ceci or Olli Maatta.

He's still a teenager. Like everyone else he will gain weight as he matures into an adult.

There is no way Dumba drops that much. It's hard finding Dmen of his ilk. I think Dumba will be the 2nd Dman taken behind Murray.

Archived