The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man assaults barista because Starbucks out of cream

Buggernut

Just because the cup only had water in it or just because this isn't an isolated incident does not take away from the fact that this man did in fact both verbally and physically assault another person whom was simply doing their job.

The fact that some of you believe that this is not worthy of any police attention because there are other/ more heinous crimes that take place in our society is pathetic. A person was put in fear and was assaulted while on the job. The individual responsible must be held accountable. Where is your sense of empathy? As Bertuzzi Babe said earlier, none of you would be chirping this tune if it were someone you were directly related to, or if it was your girlfriend/fiancée etc,

Seriously, this sort of thing is common in bars and nothing much is ever done about it. I doubt that the police would be too interested in this, even if they were able to find this guy.

Most likely, he won't be welcome in that particular establishment again.

In a bar you tend to have a few 6ft+ men who trained to, for lack of a better term, 'put you in your place' should you act up like that. They keep the workers and other patrons safe and are necessary, especially since there is alcohol involved. Not so much the case for a coffee shop.

It's not like he's a major "threat" to anyone else so can't they just check in on his address every couple days and eventually there will come a time when he's home when the cops come and they'll say "hey, you're a bad boy, no more throwing water ok? ok"

Just because the cup only had water in it or just because this isn't an isolated incident does not take away from the fact that this man did in fact both verbally and physically assault another person whom was simply doing their job.

The fact that some of you believe that this is not worthy of any police attention because there are other/ more heinous crimes that take place in our society is pathetic. A person was put in fear and was assaulted while on the job. The individual responsible must be held accountable. Where is your sense of empathy? As Bertuzzi Babe said earlier, none of you would be chirping this tune if it were someone you were directly related to, or if it was your girlfriend/fiancée etc,

The Lower Mainland is brutal when it comes to people getting their jollies by giving service workers a hard time when they're at work and can't do much about it. I bet this incident was more about dude venting his frustration at being a loser than nothaving his coffee the way he wanted it.

Despite repeating this multiple times, I'll say it again. I have been in this exact situation. And i am still "chirping this tune". Now, all though I was not there, the news article makes.it seem that there was shouting, gestures, anger, and water thrown, as a result of something you had no fault in. All of the above has happened to me. And my coworkers.

In my opinion, that it's best to just put it behind you. Leave it alone, and spend as little time dealing with said person as possible.

Playing the "what if he spat in it and happened to have HIV" is stupid. The article doesn't say he did, and there's nothing that implies it either.

Someone who has clearly demonstrated that they have anger issues is not a threat to anyone else?   :huh: What happens the next time someone cuts him off in traffic, some kid happens to walk on his lawn, or the lineup at the gas station is moving too slow?

So the three of you find it perfectly acceptable that a 40 year old man can throw a temper tantrum, getting in the face of a woman, throwing water at her (fortunately it was water he reached for instead of a hot cup of coffee) while swearing and yelling at her, physically intimidating her because there is no cream in the building yet have no consequences for his behavior. Hmmm, says an awful lot about you if you do and I feel sorry for any woman involved in any way, shape or form in your life.

Childish behavior condoned by children.

I shouldn't be surprised really, but I bet you'd feel differently if it were your sister, your mother, your girlfriend or wife on the receiving end of such behavior. Or maybe not, if you consider this man's actions acceptable and non-consequence worthy.

No question this is a assault and sounds like he is a ticking timebomb. My advice is splash his name all over the news and shame him. Show his house and where he works at so he can lose his job over this.

Hope this doesn't become a dairy occurrence.

It's a realistic situation. A person doesn't even have to spit in it but merely drink from a cup of water.

That for me is the same as spitting at someone. Throw water in my face you end up on the ground just as fast as spitting.

Then I make a citizens arrest and charge you with assault and have you tested for disease.

Archived