The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Garrison: A replacement or an upgrade on Salo?

six-0h-four-

Sami Salo  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok Gillis you say you didn't want to give him the 2 years only 1, but why? What is your reasoning? Because he's getting older? What kind of excuse is that if true, you signed Luongo until he is 42? Why couldn't you sign Salo until he is the age of 40? Ok maybe it was because of injuries, well every D gets injuries so every contract player you have over 4M could get injured and miss the entire season it's a risk every GM takes, but really Gillis explain yourself for once and stop trying to hide be HONEST.

Ok Gillis you say you didn't want to give him the 2 years only 1, but why? What is your reasoning? Because he's getting older? What kind of excuse is that if true, you signed Luongo until he is 42? Why couldn't you sign Salo until he is the age of 40? Ok maybe it was because of injuries, well every D gets injuries so every contract player you have over 4M could get injured and miss the entire season it's a risk every GM takes, but really Gillis explain yourself for once and stop trying to hide be HONEST.

Garrison isn't really a replacement, he's just different.

Sami was just so quietly good at defense that you didn't really realize it until later. He wasn't the kind of guy who'd throw the big hit or rub a guy out, but somehow he was always in the right place and he always made the right play with the puck. Of course, offensively we all know what he was capable of.

I think Garrison is closer to Bieksa, big guy who can play mean with some offense to boot... whether he's as prone to boneheadedness as Bieksa can be, we'll have to wait and see.

I'm gonna say upgrade.

Garrison is an inch shorter, but 8 pounds heavier, so in my mind, he's bigger.

I've heard he has a bomb, but I'm not sure if it's as hard as Salo's. It'd be even more impressive if it was as accurate as Salo's.

But the biggest part being upgraded is youth. Garrison is 10 years younger than Salo.

I'm saying he's an upgrade, but we'll have to wait and see to tell for sure.

Replacement, Garrison has had only one good season, has yet to finished a whole season, and is getting paid $4.6M per year for that.

Ballard had some pretty good stats before coming here too, and Bouwmeester was supposedly elite-level in Florida before coming to Calgary. Something about the weak Southeast division seems to mask the weakness of some of their players.

Ballard had some pretty good stats before coming here too, and Bouwmeester was supposedly elite-level in Florida before coming to Calgary. Something about the weak Southeast division seems to mask the weakness of some of their players.

Upgrade injury wise and def. a good 2 way defender, makes the Salo loss easier to take. Plus there are still a few good 5-6th D-men out there to replace the depth.

Guess Edler will be the Superskills hardest shot winner now?

Archived