The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Interesting] Luongo and Poker....

Guest AriGold

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest AriGold

So currently Luongo is at the World Series Of Poker in Las Vegas.

Here is something interesting, if Luongo gets to the final table it is played on October 28th and 30th.

Both of those nights are Canucks game night ( Assuming he is a canuck )

Does he have the right to miss those nights *IF* he gets to the final table ??

Whats everybodys thoughts about this..

...one would think he would not be a very good poker player as he gambles, and loses more than he wins in goal....on the other hand, there is no five hole in poker to cause his undoing....juries out on this one ......

I think even he himself knows that he's not good enough to make it to the final table. But it would be quite the conundrum if he did lol.

I find it more interesting that he's being sponsored by Play Now BC. They picked up the tab for his flights, hotel costs, etc.

So if Luongo is traded in the near future, he'll still have his old team's city paying for his tournament :)

I laugh at all of you guys saying lu isnt smart enough or good enough at poker to play the final, I LOVE poker, its my favorite game, It takes 5 minutes to learn and a lifetime to master. Its not about being smart or good, it comes down to instinct more often than not combined with general 5th grade math.

Further more, Lu is one of the best poker playing hockey stars if not the best, and hes quite good. Ive played with him online on more than one occasion and he was a formidable opponent on the felt just as he is on the ice.

Archived