The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battles of Canada

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Edmonton: Self Explanitory, Calgary is a mediocre team with next to no future, and Edmonton may suck now but will be a team full of young stars soon.

Ottawa: OTT > TOR, Toronto has some nice prospects, but Ottawa has more and some high level ones too: Puempel, Zibanejad, Noesen, Prince, Ceci, Stone, Silfverberg, Filitov. Just to Name a few.

As for the rosters, atleast Ottawa can make the playoffs.

Montreal: This one was the closest but I'll say MTL, they have better goaltending with Price, Jets have some good young players with Burmistrov, Kane, Bogosian and so on but Montreal has Subban, Pacioretty, Eller so they have some aswell, and I think MTL has better propects with guys like Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Bournival, Bozon, Collberg, Hudon, Thrower, Leblanc and so on.

Obviously the Oilers, the Flames suck now and look like they will suck later, while the Oilers suck now but have tons of potential to dominate in the near future.

Ottawa wins because they have better players now (Karlsson, Speeza, Anderson>Kessel, Lupul, Reimer) and have better prospects IMO (Zibanejad, Cowen, Turris > Colbourne, Kadri, Martin)

I'd have to pick Montreal for the last one. The teams are quite close in skill currently, with Montreal having a slight edge on Offence and Goaltending while Winnipeg having the edge in Defence (Price, Pacioretty, Eller, Cole > Kane, Antropov, Pavelec, while Subban, White < Enstrom, Byfuglien)...but I have to choose Montreal's prospects over Winnipeg's... (Galchenyuk, Beulieu, Gallagher, Tinordi to name a few)

Oilers: They are going to be a dominant team during the latter part of the decade

Sens: Like Edmonton they have a lot a talented rookies

Habs: Although I do like the Jets, Montreal is my #2 team so I gotta go with them :P

Edmonton: Self Explanitory, Calgary is a mediocre team with next to no future, and Edmonton may suck now but will be a team full of young stars soon.

Ottawa: OTT > TOR, Toronto has some nice prospects, but Ottawa has more and some high level ones too: Puempel, Zibanejad, Noesen, Prince, Ceci, Stone, Silfverberg, Filitov. Just to Name a few.

As for the rosters, atleast Ottawa can make the playoffs.

Montreal: This one was the closest but I'll say MTL, they have better goaltending with Price, Jets have some good young players with Burmistrov, Kane, Bogosian and so on but Montreal has Subban, Pacioretty, Eller so they have some aswell, and I think MTL has better propects with guys like Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Bournival, Bozon, Collberg, Hudon, Thrower, Leblanc and so on.

Calgary, for obvious reasons. And by Calgary I do of course mean Edmonton.

Ottawa - While I definitely like some of Toronto's young talent (Franson/Colborne), Ottawa's is better (Zibanejad/Karlsson), as is their current top end talent (Spezza/Alfredsson/Anderson)

Winnepeg - Was initially gonna go with Montreal because I do really like both Pacioretty and Subban's skill, but I like Winnepeg's young talent more. Kane/Bogosian/Burmistrov/Scheifele/Postma

Alberta - Edmonton, because well...its kind of a given when it comes to having 3 first overall picks

Ontario - Ottawa, they have a great crop of young players lead by Karlson

East - Winnipeg, kind of a toss up between the two teams but i will take Winnipeg for the sake they have done a great job building there team and getting a bunch of great young talented guys

Archived